Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Time-Loop'

Options
  • 12-02-2018 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This might sound crazy...

About 2 weeks ago I was driving back home from a long day's drive... (Kerry-Tyrone).
    Myself as the passenger and my friend was the driver.

We were obviously fimilar with the usual buildings, scenery and structures upon passing, as we've done this drive routinely over the last year.

So going past this cafe building known to us, after roughly 30-40 seconds clocked... we pass it EXACTLY again!

We were in the midst of a conversation about every day life prior... and it was interupted with a pause from us in pure bewilderment when we noticed both at the same time at what had just happened.

If somebody said this story to me, I would struggle to believe them... but I have a very open mind now to the cases & causes of space/time portal dimensions etc.

It was like a re-wind of the past without physically going backwards!
    Has anybody got a clue or answer on this? There isn't much online about it via YouTube or Google. Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Could have been those magic mushrooms you ate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

You think it's more likely that you time travelled than that you got confused while tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Were ye on a roundabout?

That new roundabout at M6 - M17 is big enough to take 40 seconds to drive around. Not sure about the cafe on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Was it a Starbucks or a Costa? I think they have more than one of each of them.

Or did the driver absentmindedly do a 360 degree turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Buttevant has that effect on people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Fake news..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Not a Time Loop rather Time Shift ;)

See:

http://www.actforlibraries.org/true-stories-of-time-shifts/

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Just a glitch in the Matrix,nothing to worry about;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Treelog80 wrote: »

About 2 weeks ago I was driving back home from a long day's drive... (Kerry-Tyrone).

We were obviously fimilar with the usual buildings, scenery and structures upon passing, as we've done this drive routinely over the last year.

So going past this cafe building known to us, after roughly 30-40 seconds clocked... we pass it EXACTLY again!

We were in the midst of a conversation about every day life prior... and it was interupted with a pause from us in pure bewilderment when we noticed both at the same time at what had just happened.

If somebody said this story to me, I would struggle to believe them... but I have a very open mind now to the cases & causes of space/time portal dimensions etc.

Has anybody got a clue or answer on this? There isn't much online about it via YouTube or Google. Thanks!

It's called a McDonald's, the fucking things are generally 40 seconds apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Did ya try switching it off and on again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

leakyboots wrote: »
    Buttevant has that effect on people

Is that you Soupy Norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

post here for best results... :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

Did this happen on Feb 2nd by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭circadian

Treelog80 wrote: »

Welcome to this timeline. Donald Trump is president of the United States and does all official business via Twitter. Ireland has an openly gay leader and the British are doing their best to self sabotage what little empire they have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

OP, the best thing to do is to jump to the most unlikely cause and work your way back from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Somebody hit the rewind button while in-gameplay mode. Apologies OP , I'll have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

OP don't worry they haven't got average speed cameras yet, no need to start coming up with wormhole stories to defend the speeding ticket just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I was just going to say a glitch in the matrix they cant get it right all the time. In reality it possible more to do with a sensory processing issue I have had a few minor similar things happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Were you driving this car and did the fella with you look like Doc Brown?

delorean_back2future_drbrown.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kerry folk have been doing this to people for years. They build duplicate villages and the watch the reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Timey Wimey, wibbley wobbly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's the Mobius OP, a twist in the fabric of space, where time becomes a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

circadian wrote: »
    Welcome to this timeline. Donald Trump is president of the United States and does all official business via Twitter. Ireland has an openly gay leader and the British are doing their best to self sabotage what little empire they have left.

Hah, when you spell it out like that, it does sound like something from a film about dystopian interdimensional travel.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a gay leader you understand. Leo Varadakar is the only thing that's wrong. That guy's a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

This seems to be a case of you and your driving companion being subject to
    mass hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

You need a dashcam.
    I have a dashcam. Whenever I travel back in time I consult the dashcam.
    Your story is believable except the bit about travelling between Kerry and Tyrone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Scarier when you blink and jump forward in time when you're driving while exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Video of a time slip off 'Strange But True'

https://youtu.be/Ynw4Z09LMVc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Driving like this perhaps?

giphy.gif

Advertisement