Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I find stupid that other people won’t.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

wexie wrote: »
    hmmm.....two words :

Tide pods....

That is unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ToddyDoody wrote:
    Does anyone else genuinely think evolution started going backwards somewhere along the way?

The benefits of technology still outweigh the negatives.

I read once that in evolutionary terms the shortest timeframe is 1000 years. If you maybe look at humans in say 1700, before the industrial evolution and consider what will we be like by the time 2700 comes along, I suspect we will be significantly different in shape, appearance, behavior and thought process with a large reason for the change being because of technological advances.

Whether or not that is evolution in a backwards sense, is debatable. I'm not sure Darwin would have said evolution was progressive or regressive, only that it happens. Those that champion artificial intelligence and continued automation will suggest it is positive, it will free up humans more. I would ask, to do what?

The vast amount of jobs being done today didn't exist in 1900, people will probably look back at 2020 in the same way.

Those that champion artificial intelligence and continued automation will suggest it is positive, it will free up humans more. I would ask, to do what?

To devote time to arts and literature and/or develop a coke habit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    To devote time to arts and literature and/or develop a coke habit :)

Probably live on a minimum wage while the few people with jobs call us scroungers and lord it over us.

I doubt it’ll be a humanitarian decision anyway.

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Probably live on a minimum wage while the few people with jobs call us scroungers and lord it over us.

I doubt it’ll be a humanitarian decision anyway.

Doesn't answer the (fairly significant) question though.

A meaningful existence, and where might that be located these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I like to argue in my spare time.

mickrock wrote: »
    I like to argue in my spare time.

Yes but can your initial opinion be changed by a well thought out arguement or do you resort to name calling goal post moving and that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hen nights/stag nights, birthday parties for people over age of 10, modern Irish weddings, buying a brand new car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

You approach a bus shelter and take a seat.

It's raining and the next person approaching is holding up an umbrella.

For some reason they keep the umbrella up while standing under the shelter. They dont realise that they'll still be dry if they put it down.

I find this stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Yes but can your initial opinion be changed by a well thought out arguement or do you resort to name calling goal post moving and that sort of thing.

I've told you once.

• Advertisement

In the journal today varadkar had to explain why he had a different view on abortions than he held when he was in his 20s.

Like it’s suspect if you hear a side of an arguement that makes you change your view on it.

Advertisement