Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Dash Cams are so essential these days, all the hit and runs, false accusations, recent spawn of dangerous little teenage gang fckers roaming the streets causing chaos. I feel naked without it my cam, it stays on or I don't drive. Dash cameras should be made mandatory.

Totally agree, they should be made mandatory like some other countries around the world. Insurance premiums would reduce straight away too I would imagine.
    Since getting my dashcam, I have gotten off with 2 tickets from the guards, one for tailgating and one for switching lane without indicating. Both of them were due to other drivers mistakes and me trying to avoid hitting them. If I didn't have the dashcam I would have an extra couple of points on my licence and 2 fines.
    About 2 months ago a woman hit me in Kildare Village and then drove off, parked somewhere else and denied it. I didn't tell her I had a dashcam until she called the guards for me "harassing" her. I waited for the guards to arrive and then I took the dashcam out and showed them, never seen someone so embarrassed before in my life.
    Then again in Kildare Village on Saturday, there was a woman packing her car and getting ready to leave so I waited behind her, put my indicator on and moved to the side to let a few of the cars behind me go around while I waited, next thing a car went around me, stopped and tried to go in to the spot I was waiting for, so I blocked her from getting in, I then got out to ask what was going on and what she was doing, she told me she was there first and that I was in the wrong, we ended up sitting here for nearly 30 minutes blocking up all the traffic behind us a lot of people from behind us got out of their cars to give out, they all went to her as they saw what she done. A couple went off and mentioned it to security, eventually security came over and she told them she was there first and they tried to get me to move as they told me I was in the wrong, so I refused to move and called the guards, they were out on the roundabout directing traffic so they came straight over within 2 or 3 minutes and I again took the dashcam out and showed them, they gave her a serious giving out to but couldn't ticket her or anything as it is private property. I would have loved to see her get a ticket. A bit disappointing in the end. Turns out there was a spot about 10 spaces up, I had missed the car pull out of it while all this crap was going on, she missed it too and after all this ended up driving past it, about 15 minutes later I spotted her still looking for a parking spot :pac::pac::D
    I will take the dashcam video off the cam and post it in the next few days.

Anyway moral of the story is, I think everyone should have a dashcam. I can't understand why people out there still think its pointless to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Totally agree, they should be made mandatory like some other countries around the world. Insurance premiums would reduce straight away too I would imagine.
    Since getting my dashcam, I have gotten off with 2 tickets from the guards, one for tailgating and one for switching lane without indicating. Both of them were due to other drivers mistakes and me trying to avoid hitting them. If I didn't have the dashcam I would have an extra couple of points on my licence and 2 fines.
    About 2 months ago a woman hit me in Kildare Village and then drove off, parked somewhere else and denied it. I didn't tell her I had a dashcam until she called the guards for me "harassing" her. I waited for the guards to arrive and then I took the dashcam out and showed them, never seen someone so embarrassed before in my life.
    Then again in Kildare Village on Saturday, there was a woman packing her car and getting ready to leave so I waited behind her, put my indicator on and moved to the side to let a few of the cars behind me go around while I waited, next thing a car went around me, stopped and tried to go in to the spot I was waiting for, so I blocked her from getting in, I then got out to ask what was going on and what she was doing, she told me she was there first and that I was in the wrong, we ended up sitting here for nearly 30 minutes blocking up all the traffic behind us a lot of people from behind us got out of their cars to give out, they all went to her as they saw what she done. A couple went off and mentioned it to security, eventually security came over and she told them she was there first and they tried to get me to move as they told me I was in the wrong, so I refused to move and called the guards, they were out on the roundabout directing traffic so they came straight over within 2 or 3 minutes and I again took the dashcam out and showed them, they gave her a serious giving out to but couldn't ticket her or anything as it is private property. I would have loved to see her get a ticket. A bit disappointing in the end. Turns out there was a spot about 10 spaces up, I had missed the car pull out of it while all this crap was going on, she missed it too and after all this ended up driving past it, about 15 minutes later I spotted her still looking for a parking spot :pac::pac::D
    I will take the dashcam video off the cam and post it in the next few days.

Anyway moral of the story is, I think everyone should have a dashcam. I can't understand why people out there still think its pointless to have one.

moral of the story is stay away from Kildare village

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

ganmo wrote: »

any where retail related for the 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Car ahead blocks moment of impact, but you get the jist.

You mightn't be able to see it, but the car on the right speeds up as it wants to make the amber filter light for the right turn ahead.

Seemed to be very minor damage for both thankfully.
    Grey car a bit naughty to be using that side part of the road as a right filter lane does open up just after point of impact.
    Still, I guess the other car was 100% at fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Grey car at fault for crossing unbroken cross hatching - it's unbroken for a reason, you don't enter it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Both at fault imo. Focus for pulling out onto a road without being able to see and the Hyundai for impatiently speeding down the outside and into a hatched area.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

There's no right turn out of that garage nd its still single lane at the exit so silver car was either making an illegal right or doing the same thing Hyundai was doing.

Both at fault to some extent but exiting car will take most of the blame. Not taking care to make sure way was clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I've never seen a legally enforceable "no right turn" out of a garage.

site_owner wrote: »
    There's no right turn out of that garage nd its still single lane at the exit so silver car was either making an illegal right or doing the same thing Hyundai was doing.

Both at fault to some extent but exiting car will take most of the blame. Not taking care to make sure way was clear.

No sign saying you cant turn right and can't see why there would be - grey car at fault but insurers would probably say 50/50 fault but the car exiting would be right to not expect a car travelling up the middle of the road. And probably the car in the lane was letting him out thinking ahh shure no idiots gonna fly up on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

site_owner wrote: »
    Isambard wrote: »
    I've never seen a legally enforceable "no right turn" out of a garage.

There's hatching in the middle of the road, so by default there is no right turn.

But either way I'd say 50-50. Focus driver drove out blind, and the other lad was driving at speed up the middle of the road.

• Advertisement

n97 mini wrote: »
    There's hatching in the middle of the road, so by default there is no right turn.

Fair point!

n97 mini wrote: »

But either way I'd say 50-50. Focus driver drove out blind, and the other lad was driving at speed up the middle of the road.

Hatching that applies to both cars, but in any case I believe that road markings do not preclude entering or exiting premises.

The driver exiting the garage having ascertained the one lane at that point is clear is not to blame for someone breaking the crosshatchings illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dumb zombie pedestrian missed lights over IT.. https://youtu.be/KRe-3D8kBw8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Saw this on another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

And the car on the wrong side of the road flashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

seagull wrote: »
    And the car on the wrong side of the road flashes.

reason given by the OP for this was there was a car overtaking a car behind him, and the approaching car was flashing to get them out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

ganmo wrote: »

Well yes, that too.... Stay away from any retail area from now until mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

jimmynokia wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

jimmynokia wrote: »

there was no where for you to go through the lights anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

stecleary wrote: »

That yellow box isnt going to block itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

stecleary wrote: »

Was enough room for a vehicle there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Driving excellence from the middle kingdom

SuperS54 wrote: »

Driving excellence from the middle kingdom

almost every incident avoidable if people were looking where they were going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

GreeBo wrote: »
    That yellow box isnt going to block itself!

for the future use
    REMEMBER. You must not enter the yellow box junction unless you can clear it without stopping. An exception is when you want to turn right. In this case, you may enter the yellow box junction while waiting for a gap in traffic coming from the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Think you missed the sarcasm Carpentry ..

GBX wrote: »
    Think you missed the sarcasm Carpentry ..

I got it first time, but it was just reminder for everyone else ;)

Now its my turn.

Its actually me being late and stupid. After few sets of waiting I decided to brake the light. 80e fine and 3 points. My question is, was it that/too late ?
    of course Guard on the bike had to be there for me.

Now... unleash the beast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Of course it was late, car in front should have stopped too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Carpentry wrote: »
    Now its my turn.

Its actually me being late and stupid. After few sets of waiting I decided to brake the light. 80e fine and 3 points. My question is, was it that/too late ?

Ah we all make stupid decisions at times, fair play for putting it up.

But amber means stop (unless it is unsafe to do so), so even the focus in front was blatantly ploughing through the junction where they should have stopped. The light was actually red when you arrived at the stop line of that set of lights. Completely wrong, and some instant karma too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭josip

Carpentry wrote: »
    Now its my turn.

Again, fair play Carpentry for putting it up.

Not a leg to stand on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement