Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

I’ve seen this happen to lots of pcbs. Mostly gates though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,835 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There seems to be some form of liquid to the right on the pcb board you can see white on the surface.

Small slugs are known to enjoy shorting themselves on circuit boards for some reason the kamikaze bastards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bleeding slugs.
    I’ve a brand new wall box plus there but I kinda liked the zappi been integrated into the myenergi app with the solar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks very similar to the damage our last one received, unfortunately have lost the pics. You might be lucky with Myenergi…

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Fyi:

If you have a Garo RCBO and you find it trips soon after the car begins charging, it's duff.

Or rather, they were duff out of the box.

This is a known fault in the industry. They were crap out of the factory.

I had mine replaced under warranty with a hago unit.

• Advertisement

yes, well known problem a few years back. A faulty batch. I’ve used Hager since 2015 so thankfully never had an issue there. This zappi was having issues for the last year unfortunately. It’s on a better place now. It’s at peace 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

My Zappi's date on random nights set to 29.12.2060!

This knocks out the scheduling for boosting the charge during the night, and as a result we've woken up on occasions with very little or half the car charged :-(

I've logged a case with myenergi just now, for the second time re this. They're very helpful support staff, but they hadn't an answer as to why this happened the first time.

I know how to reset the date etc to get it to work again, but it will work for a month or two and then just do it again!

Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks

Gonna have to take my zappi apart now and check there is bungs or sealant in place to prevent entry. Already lost 2 mower boards to the feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭myfreespirit

I had an Easee One EV charger installed last October, was working away fine, but one evening I went to charge the Leaf, the charger was flashing yellow and not working. Raised a support case with Easee in Norway, they diagnosed the problem as a faulty RFID chip and sent out a replacement part. The original installers fixed the unit, but the charger was out of action for over 2 weeks 😭

Would be interested to hear of any other Easee users who have experienced problems with their chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭plhealy2000

I am currently looking to get a Zappi charger installed and got a quote that seems to me to be very high.

It will be run from the meter and total distance is 16.5m. There are cobble stones to be lifted to run same but these come up easily enough.

Quote came in at 2600 before grant versus 1400 advertised standard install. This includes 130 for an 8 mod board next to the meter box.

Would 1k over the standard installation be expected for above.

I will look to get another quote elsewhere to be sure but looking for guidance / others experience here.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭allinthehead

It's not as simple as just lifting the stone, it will need to be dug down, installed in ducting and then the stone put down again. It sounds expensive but nobody here can tell you without seeing what's involved. Definitely get more quotes.

☀️

That's fairly outside standard install 1000 for such works sounds right. You've double the normal cable distance standard is 8m you've additional box requirement, ducting and remedial works. So 1k seems spot on tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Once there are any builders works involved (cobble stones) it adds up - could you do this yourself and put in a duct for them to pull the cable through? I did that and it still cost me €800 over and above the Zappi quote of €1400. Shop around but make sure you get full RECI standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fatmax

looking for a good installer around castlerea area

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Pretty sure the installer would be happy to slice their quote if you have the trench dug, chippings waiting nearby etc, they are charging you for the extra time and grief

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Classic21

Novice question here.

To apply for the charger grant can I select any charger type to get the approval for the grant and then pick a different charger type when I have time to look into it properly?

I would like to have the approval ASAP then spend time on the final decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Credit where credit is due.

I got onto MyEnergi Ireland, sent them photos etc

They immediately stated that they can see the issue is on the charger side.
    New WiFi Zappi unit on the way to me and they say they will arrange for a sparks to fit. I can do that myself but to retain any form of warranty, I’ll leave it for them.

Sent labels to return the old one too so that’s gone and on it’s final journey now.

Side question, I have an original eddi and hub, with the new WiFi Zappi, can I get rid of the hub, and pair the eddi to the zappi. I feel that the WiFi connection may be more stable than the hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭eagerv

Great news, I told you they might look after you..👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Hub is no longer required with the new wi-fi enabled Zappi unit. You might get €50 for it on DoneDeal.

• Advertisement

That’s good. The hubs sell well in fairness everytime they pop up. I missed 3 of them before getting this one. I’ll move it on once up and running.

Will the Zappi then become the priority device or can I leave eddi as the master? Just wondering if they have to go through a full settings set up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is there a sticky I'm missing regarding the best/most popular home charging points? Or a summary on them? It's a bit overwhelming.

We have one hybrid currently charging on a granny cable. Want to get a charger. Have read Ohme, Wallbox, Zappi are all decent? Not sure what to do!

And apologies, I'd say this is asked every second day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭sh81722

Our almost 9 year old ABL charger installed by eCars back in 2015 has provided power for quarter of a million of EV kilometres without a single fault. It doesn't have any smart functionality but it just works.

You are using the Zappi as the new Hub so it will be a new plant setup, where is your CT clamp coming back to, the EDDI or Zappi, there are odd events with a EDDI V1 and Zappi V3 in play together

There’s no best one. Just the one that suits you. Don’t need solar PV integration? Just basic plug and play?

You can spend €100 on a used Garo or Rolec on adverts or a €1000 on a wallbox or Zappi.

The car doesn’t care. It just wants power 😀

Mine was flawless too. Only removed it as got the chance of a Zappi.

Currently eddi is master and installed beside the consumer unit with clamps installed at this location. It’s remote of the Zappi location and no way to run cables easily.

CT clamp there and also a second ct clamp to monitor PV production.

Currently eddi is master and installed beside the consumer unit with clamps installed at this location. It’s remote of the Zappi location and no way to run cables easily. 

CT clamp there and also a second ct clamp to monitor PV production. 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭CoBo55

My untethered EO mini pro is working fine as a dumb charger, it went offline at a few weeks old but I never used the app, I used the car timer for scheduling.

• Advertisement

then just leave all as is re Master, delete the old Zappi and pair the new one as a slave

Advertisement