Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They seem to be orientated correctly this time at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Here’s another angle incase people were wondering about the front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Bays not painted green again.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

McGiver wrote: »

Looks like Ionity does not paint their bays, I was watching Bjorns video of the 24h record and the bays weren't painted and some of them were iced (in Germany)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Absolutely bizarre. I've been to their Cashel location once and all 4 bays were ICE'd. I had to ask one of them (that still had the driver present) to move so I could charge.

When I finished 25 minutes later, a Kona had managed to slip in, the others were all still ICE'd.

I could understand eCars doing nothing but Ionity are losing revenue because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Not painting the bays seems to be an Irish thing. Here's how it's done in the UK.

https://www.speakev.com/attachments/img_20190517_190849-jpg.117454/

Sack the project manager. They are clearly local. Ionity Bays in some countries are painted and in some not.
    I think this should be raised to the Irish branch now otherwise they will do all of them like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Any news on the chargers on the N7 near Kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

They are obviously not yet finished based on pic
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=484958&d=1562798937

I also notice that they straddle a dish in the path ...... is that for access to the chargers or fo access elsewhere on the site?
    It looks to me that the 'dish' will be blocked by a connected vehicle.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Ionity install one charger as a disabled spot, the dished kerb is for that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »

Seems like they didn't think about the practicalities of it though. Short cables, tight parking... that kerb will most certainly be blocked by a charging car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

liamog wrote: »

..... and the vehicle will block it.
    There does not seem to be sufficient room for a wheelchair user to exit their vehicle either, should a car be charging in the next bay.

The UK pic seems to show a much wider bay for the disabled user's bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zg3409

Irish EV owners association meet at Ionity Gorey Sunday September 1st 2019 12-2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zg3409 wrote: »
    Irish EV owners association meet at Ionity Gorey Sunday July 28th 12-2pm. Don't shoot the messenger ...

Tell em to bring some paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Tell em to bring some paint.

Lol paint party.

No EV yet so I will bring a bag of batteries and a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zg3409

zg3409 wrote: »
    Irish EV owners association meet at Ionity Gorey Sunday July 28th 12-2pm. Don't shoot the messenger ...
    Date changed to September 1st, to avoid other events such as Bray air show

Ionity site now showing Gorey MSA as live.

We need pictures people. :P

I find that amazing, Gorey already has a few chargers , why not put the charging station on the N11 ?

Better yet, how about the M9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ionity site now showing Gorey MSA as live.

We need pictures people. :P

I was there today. It has E-Cars chargers and beside them is about 6 marked places with Ionity chargers with large LCD touchscreens that look active and live.

Behind the chargers are several mini traffo pillars. Lots of space for expansion. They are located further away from the main building so less of an incentive for them to be ICEd.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I find that amazing, Gorey already has a few chargers , why not put the charging station on the N11 ?

Better yet, how about the M9 ?

They are on the M11 between j21 and j22. Where on the N 11 needs them ? People in Dublin can charge at home, in a car park or at work , or at a hotel.

These are located 60km from Dublin and about the same from Rosslare Europoort. That stretch is very busy in the summer with people in Dublin travelling back and forth to their mobiles which generally dint have charging points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

That road is mental with people taking the ferry so a good spot,

Live anyway according to Ionity
    https://ionity.evapi.de/#/

Next question, after Athlone any chance they would hit the M3 and the Cavan area

Swapping car and really anything without a CCS connection is looking a bad choice now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

€8 for a charging session according to some pics on FB. Not bad if you've a big battery but a bit of a ripoff for an early EV

stesaurus wrote: »
    €8 for a charging session according to some pics on FB. Not bad if you've a big battery but a bit of a ripoff for an early EV

The network is been built for a 90kWh Audi....I don’t think they have much concern about me and my 26kWh eGolf

It’s for ID as well which will be bigger batteries

It makes sense

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The network is been built for a 90kWh Audi....I don’t think they have much concern about me and my 26kWh eGolf

It’s for ID as well which will be bigger batteries

It makes sense

I can sneak in under the radar with my 64kWh. :D

I can sneak in under the radar with my 64kWh. :D

Well 8 Euro make sense with taht battrry is my point, hooking up to a 26kWh will be expensive

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The flat rate is only introductory isn't it? When there's enough EVs on the road to actually make money they'll revert to a per kWh or possibly time based price plan.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The flat rate is only introductory isn't it? When there's enough EVs on the road to actually make money they'll revert to a per kWh or possibly time based price plan.

It’s a stand-alone company so it will have to make a profit

At the end of the day the cheapest place to charge your car will be at home

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The closest we have as an indicator for Ionity is 33c/kWh from Audi's e-tron Charging Service.
    They have a price listed on https://e-tron.charging-service.audi/web/audi-ie/tariffs.
    Anything over about 24kWh and you'll likely be paying more once they switch to per kWh billing.

ted1 wrote:
    I was there today. It has E-Cars chargers and beside them is about 6 marked places with Ionity chargers with large LCD touchscreens that look active and live.

Are the bays painted green?

• Advertisement

Are the bays painted green?

Not green but they are painted going by the pic I saw on facebook.

Advertisement