Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

does anyone have any idea on where the Ionity chargers will be (exclusing the 2 locations alread done/in development)
    Specifically interested in a location between Dublin and Galway

Not concrete but I presume this is going to be an ionity charger hub: http://www.roscommonpeople.ie/news/48-news/ireland-s-largest-fast-charge-point-is-coming-to-roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not concrete but I presume this is going to be an ionity charger hub: http://www.roscommonpeople.ie/news/48-news/ireland-s-largest-fast-charge-point-is-coming-to-roscommon

wow, without trying to insult the good people of Roscommon, that is just an odd as **** location for multiple fast chargers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Sounds like a single charge point rather than a hub. That wont be Ionity.
    Jim’s determination in getting the EV Fast Charger unit installed...

That all looks like singular and its in a Circle K, not a purpose built hub.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought all ionity chargers were at Circle K here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭McGiver

wow, without trying to insult the good people of Roscommon, that is just an odd as **** location for multiple fast chargers!!!

Why would you Ionity build a hub at a place which is not on any major motorway route?
    That can't be Ionity.

• Advertisement

What made me think Ionity was it being a Circle K and the mention of the higher speed than the usual e-car rapid chargers. It did strike me as a very odd location for one too, I didn't think of the possibility that it's just the shop owner installing one of their own back.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

does anyone have any idea on where the Ionity chargers will be (exclusing the 2 locations alread done/in development)
    Specifically interested in a location between Dublin and Galway

You mean you haven't read through all 43 pages of this thread? Shame on you :D

Page 26 has the planning permissions Ionity have been granted. They're also in the process of building a location at the Gorey Services (photos: https://www.reddit.com/r/evs_ireland/comments/bw8q6e/photos_of_progress_at_the_gorey_ionity_charger/)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Very much doubt it is Ionity. Along no major motorways etc

Make more sense if putting into Athlone for M6

Or even Longford for the N5

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Goldmark

That announcement was back in March. Caseys redevelopment is almost complete and no sign of an charger yet. I asked one of the staff recently and she said that there is a charger to go in at the rear of the property but did not know when it would happen. Do Easygo have an 80kW Charger option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

All four spaces ICEd yesterday afternoon (Sun June 9) in Cashel.

Spaces definitely need to be painted and warning signs put up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jprboy wrote: »

They had cones out in front of them a few weeks back, I figured they were there for this purpose, and that EV drivers would just move them out of the way and then back once charged.

fricatus wrote: »
    They had cones out in front of them a few weeks back, I figured they were there for this purpose, and that EV drivers would just move them out of the way and then back once charged.

Yeah, few cones up on the path near the charge points. I reckon a lot of people wouldn't even think of putting them back after charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

At least there was no phev's or freeloading locals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭zg3409

Goldmark wrote: »
    That announcement was back in March. Caseys redevelopment is almost complete and no sign of an charger yet. I asked one of the staff recently and she said that there is a charger to go in at the rear of the property but did not know when it would happen. Do Easygo have an 80kW Charger option?

50kw, 100kw, 100kw can be upgraded to 150etc. All chargers can be capped based on esb supply available to if 80kw is supply limit the charger can limit to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

50kW cannot be upgraded.
    The 150kW can be upgraded to 350kW pending software, site supply, and CCS2.0 cabling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

kanuseeme wrote: »
    At least there was no phev's or freeloading locals :)

With the pricing at 8 EUR a pop they have cleverly made these not attactive to local users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

What range or kWh would you get for 8 euro? I am trying to figure out costs.

Say you live in an apartment no access to a charger, the ionity chargers or similar would be the new petrol pump, couple a pops a week.

could it be worth it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They need to erect prominent warning signs that an ICE vehicle parked there are breaking the law (even on private company land?)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Say you live in an apartment no access to a charger, the ionity chargers or similar would be the new petrol pump, couple a pops a week.

could it be worth it?

VW e-Up (shortest CCS range car I could think of) you'd get around 70-80km for your €8

Tesla Model S P100D (Raven model with CCS adapter) you'd get over 550km.

All others are somewhere inbetween

could it be worth it?

It's a flat fee, so it depends entirely on whatever the charger can deliver into your battery at that time. That's dependent on your state of charge (SOC%) when you arrive, and is limited in the case of some cars to a figure under 100%.

As an example, if I arrived with my Ioniq on 20%, and bearing in mind that DC fast charging is limited on my car to 94% (to protect the battery), then I could add 74%, which on a 28 kWh battery works out at about 21 kWh, and at my usual consumption of 16 kWh/100 km, that gives about 130 km of range, or about 6c per km.

If your car has a bigger battery, and/or you arrive with a lower SOC, then you would get an even better deal, and vice versa obviously.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    They need to erect prominent warning signs that an ICE vehicle parked there are breaking the law (even on private company land?)
    Problem is they are not breaking a law, as you say it is private land.
    However the landowner could withdraw their consent for you to be there , should you ice the spots. Then it becomes illegal. The simple act of blocking the spot is not illegal, so you cannot erect a sign saying it is.

A small but important nuance.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

could it be worth it?

Really depends on your car. I’ve an egolf ( 32kW usable ) and say I was to top up at 20% to 80% 19.2kw on the IONITY network. At €8 that works out as just below 42c per kW.

* Edit * Going by my January to May average usage ( mostly motorway ) it’s 17.7kWh which would give a range of 181km.

A 19.2kW charge on the IONITY network would give 108.6km at 7.4c per km

That is high and I’ve learned to drive a lot more efficiently since which I can’t assume everybody would do. Last month was 4000km at an average of 15.6kWh/100km thanks to mostly 95km motorway speeds and some nicer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Probably worth pointing out the 8 euro fee is temporary, so they say.

It's likely charging per amount of electricity used, or time, or a combo of both, is coming "soon".

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tweet ionity with a pic of this. They need this feedback if they're going to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Tweet ionity with a pic of this. They need this feedback if they're going to do anything about it.

One of the spots has a disabled sign on it, was this ICE'ed too?

jusmeig wrote: »

Yes.

Sent details to them just now.

jusmeig wrote: »
    Yes.

On my visits there I’ve noticed that the disabled space is just used as a regular disabled space, i.e. by ICE mobility vans, and blue-badge holders. I think it’s great that an accessible charger is in place, but it kinda defeats the purpose if it’s just used as a regular disabled parking space. What if a disabled driver turns up in an EV needing to charge? They can be rightly pissed off that the accessible charger is ICEd. Maybe we need an “accessible” sign that’s distinct from the traditional “disabled” one?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,843 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We have to be all-inclusive lads. We also urgently need separate EV charging spaces for female lesbian disabled members of a the travelling community

• Advertisement

Or just make all chargers accessible in the first place like petrol pumps are....

Advertisement