Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein powders recommendation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

One 30g scoop with 750mls of water is usually fine for me. The herbalife was supposed to be more like a meal replacement. Most protein shakes are just protein supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I get you I'll admit the HL market as protein shakes so I presume all shakes would be like that but they are tbh more like a meal replacement I take one at 9 and full for hours. The protein shakes in the shops are just for protein replacement and muscle building/repair. I guess to bulk up the amount of the protein would need to add in more milk or put oatmeal/linseed in it 30g of ON is watery enough with 200g liquid so might need to put some milk in it I want to have a shake that fills the beaker probably wouldnt be a good idea putting two scoops of ON when they recommend just one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I would normally use 30g with 250ml of water (I use bulk powders) and to be honest, would find it very thin if I added any more water - thickening with oats is probably a good option if you are looking for more of a meal replacement option, but food also works well for that ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

miss choc wrote: »
    I get you I'll admit the HL market as protein shakes so I presume all shakes would be like that but they are tbh more like a meal replacement I take one at 9 and full for hours. The protein shakes in the shops are just for protein replacement and muscle building/repair. I guess to bulk up the amount of the protein would need to add in more milk or put oatmeal/linseed in it 30g of ON is watery enough with 200g liquid so might need to put some milk in it I want to have a shake that fills the beaker probably wouldnt be a good idea putting two scoops of ON when they recommend just one

Two scoops just means it's 250-260 calories in the shake vs 125-130. That's not a problem in and of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Thanks for all the feedback more informed about shakes now I've lost 1.5 stone since mid November just have another half stone to go so going to ease off on the HL for a bit for financial reasons and buy the health store whey. One question I'm going for a week to London in March I wont be working out so guess no need to pack them but was going to bring some protein bars in bag just for a snack with coffee instead of the tempting lure of the cakes and pastries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement