Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa claim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

I don't know your case nor do I work for Axa.

I do however have a number of years under my belt working in insurance.

As of this point in time It's your version of events versus their insureds version of events.

Until such time as an independent witness or cctv is found that corroborates your version of events they will deny liability as they absolutely should.

Tbh if you are as obstreperous towards the claims handlers as you are coming across as being here, I wouldn't take your calls either.

They have given you their position so it's up to you to seek legal counsel if you are not happy with it.

I have never even heard the aforementioned lady’s voice, so she can’t say I was rude on the phone to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Johngoose wrote:
    Not barking at all. I’d like the general public to steer clear of this company that’s all

You misunderstood the phrase. It means you have hired a solicitor to do a job so why are you making the calls.

Can't see much staying clear of one of the biggest insurers in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

I dont believe The ombudsmen will instruct axa to settle your claim. If appears axa have investigated the incident, denied liability as they are entitled to do. This is a civil law matter and ball is in your court.

peteb2 wrote: »
    You misunderstood the phrase. It means you have hired a solicitor to do a job so why are you making the calls.

Okay you are the one with the Queens English, the solicitor is a very recent development.

RGS wrote: »
    I dont believe The ombudsmen will instruct axa to settle your claim. If appears axa have investigated the incident, denied liability as they are entitled to do. This is a civil law matter and ball is in your court.

That wasn’t my intention. My intention was that he would look into how Axa conduct themselves in relation to claims and how they conducted themselves with my claim in particular. Nothing more.

• Advertisement

I do agree with Axa’s tag line that they are “redefining standards.”

Sorry fella. Something just isn't right here. Another car comes over the white line and hits you in the side and writes off your car.
    Axa asses your car and deny liability. You go to the FSO and then engage a solicitor?
    Did they tell you what their insured said that has them of the opinion he wasn't at fault?
    You say the car was written off so you must have called the Gardai. What did they say ?

Sorry fella. Something just isn't right here. Another car comes over the white line and hits you in the side and writes off your car.
    Axa asses your car and deny liability. You go to the FSO and then engage a solicitor?
    Did they tell you what their insured said that has them of the opinion he wasn't at fault?
    You say the car was written off so you must have called the Gardai. What did they say ?

Exactly that’s my point. Something not right here buddy. My witness’ statement was never looked for. My photos of the accident were never looked for. Axa quickly dismissed liability on their part. Never did a proper investigation. No I didn’t get a proper statement about why they are denying liability. That is why I am going to the lengths I am going to. Thanks.

You can always forward your photos and the witness statement to axa.
    Was the witness a passer by or passenger in your car?
    Did you speak to a team leader in axa?
    If so did he/she explain why liability denied?

Was never referred to team leader in Axa. Spoke to complaints division guy after receiving letter denying liability. Axa didn’t ask me for my photos or my witness statement. I’d rather not talk about my witness for now, as I haven’t forwarded his statement yet. No reason for liability being denied received by me.

• Advertisement

Will more than likely have my solicitor forward on witness statement and photos to Axa, but they were never requested by Axa prior to denying liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I suspect the op is trolling - far too many things don't afd up.

He/she is taking the proverbial with everyone.

Btw. Ombudsman office does not work the way you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

Johngoose wrote: »
    Exactly that’s my point. Something not right here buddy. My witness’ statement was never looked for. My photos of the accident were never looked for. Axa quickly dismissed liability on their part. Never did a proper investigation. No I didn’t get a proper statement about why they are denying liability. That is why I am going to the lengths I am going to. Thanks.

For the people doubting the op axa did exactly the same thing to me. They didn't investigate or take any statement from me at all. They just closed the claim. That is most unusual. Most insurers send out a claim form and get you to write what happened draw diagrams, give photos take the names of witnesses etc. They didn't follow due process at all.. they are not handling claims fairly if they are not talking to both sides. Can people here not see how wrong this is?

There is no need to talk to claimants in detail. The claimant has contacted the insurer claiming the insureds policyholder is liable. Its unlikely the claimant is going to change his view on liability. The insurer speaks to their driver, garda and any independent witness and makes a decision on liability. The insurer may accept liability or dispute liability. A decision they are entitled to make on behalf of their policyholder. It may differ from the claimants view. Claimants are not always right neither are insurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

There is no need to talk to claimants in detail. The claimant has contacted the insurer claiming the insureds policyholder is liable. Its unlikely the claimant is going to change his view on liability. The insurer speaks to their driver, garda and any independent witness and makes a decision on liability. The insurer may accept liability or dispute liability. A decision they are entitled to make on behalf of their policyholder. It may differ from the claimants view. Claimants are not always right neither are insurers.

I have dealt with a few different claims with insurance companies over the last 20 years and they have all withthe exception of axa asked for written details every time. They request witness statements, photos etc. Axa did not do this. The op said he has photos of the accident and they haven't requested them, how is that investigating an accident? In my case I wasn't even in my car when someone reversed into it ! Their driver said icrashed into the back of them! That is not one bit right at all and no one would be happy wit that treatment. I hope the op perseveres and wins the case. The one thing I would say though is that it was my understanding that the ombudsman will only deal with issues you have with your own insurer and not someone else's. OP I don't think you will have much joy with the ombudsman in this case.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I suspect the op is trolling - far too many things don't afd up.

He/she is taking the proverbial with everyone.

Btw. Ombudsman office does not work the way you are saying.

Excuse me not trolling, others here have said the same about Axa, it is incredible how they treat claimants, you are right. What is your own occupation/background?

I have dealt with a few different claims with insurance companies over the last 20 years and they have all withthe exception of axa asked for written details every time. They request witness statements, photos etc. Axa did not do this. The op said he has photos of the accident and they haven't requested them, how is that investigating an accident? In my case I wasn't even in my car when someone reversed into it ! Their driver said icrashed into the back of them! That is not one bit right at all and no one would be happy wit that treatment. I hope the op perseveres and wins the case. The one thing I would say though is that it was my understanding that the ombudsman will only deal with issues you have with your own insurer and not someone else's. OP I don't think you will have much joy with the ombudsman in this case.

Thanks for your support. Weird how when a corporate company is mentioned, that so many come out in support of the corporate company. Makes you wonder who is actually attacking you behind the keyboard.

For the people doubting the op axa did exactly the same thing to me. They didn't investigate or take any statement from me at all. They just closed the claim. That is most unusual. Most insurers send out a claim form and get you to write what happened draw diagrams, give photos take the names of witnesses etc. They didn't follow due process at all.. they are not handling claims fairly if they are not talking to both sides. Can people here not see how wrong this is?

No. Let's get the process right here. Axa are the other insurance company. They do not send you a claim form to complete. They send that to their insured. They don't ask for a witness statement because their concern is for their own policy holder and defending their potential liability.

I have dealt with a few different claims with insurance companies over the last 20 years and they have all withthe exception of axa asked for written details every time. They request witness statements, photos etc. Axa did not do this. The op said he has photos of the accident and they haven't requested them, how is that investigating an accident? .

20 years dealing with insurance and o have never ever seen an insurance company ask a third party to put anything in writing. Only time a third party puts anything in writing is when it's his solicitor chasing them.

OP should have done that from the start if accident was appearing to be a tricky one. And not the garden variety solicitor, the type that deals with this as their bread and butter.

OP we don't have the finer points of your allegation but just because the other party crossed the white line and there was a collision doesn't necessarily mean he is at fault.

Again what did the Gardai say after you called them?

20 years dealing with insurance and o have never ever seen an insurance company ask a third party to put anything in writing. Only time a third party puts anything in writing is when it's his solicitor chasing them.

OP should have done that from the start if accident was appearing to be a tricky one. And not the garden variety solicitor, the type that deals with this as their bread and butter.

OP we don't have the finer points of your allegation but just because the other party crossed the white line and there was a collision doesn't necessarily mean he is at fault.

The guards sit on the fence unless injuries board is involved. Similarly a solicitor will get them to make a judgement on it. So hopefully will get the view of the guards soon.

• Advertisement

The solicitor I have lined up is very professional and has a tough skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mrsbeebee

The Gardai won't give an opinion on liability just because the solicitor asks if they previously said they won't.
    The Ombudsmans role is mainly to adjudicate in disputes between customers and insurers. Disputes between third parties and insurers are dealt with between the insurers and/or solicitors. Disputes in liability that cannot be resolved are dealt with by the courts. Have they stated why they are disputing liability here?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

The guards sit on the fence unless injuries board is involved.

Complete rubbish. The more this thread goes on, then more I conclude that the o/p is either wasting our time or is a complete idiot.

Mod note, warning given

ravima wrote: »

Complete rubbish. The more this thread goes on, then more I conclude that the o/p is either wasting our time or is a complete idiot.

Very strong words, considering I didn’t attack you. The guards came to the accident and said there and then they don’t make a judgement as to who is wrong.

ravima wrote: »

If you are such an expert on accidents can you back up what you are saying with facts, instead of just slating me?

Johngoose wrote:
    If you are such an expert on accidents can you back up what you are saying with facts, instead of just slating me?

We can't. Because you aren't giving w full picture of what happened? Did the Gardai not charge the other fella with driving without due care and attention for crossing to your side of road?

Why did he cross the line?
    At what point did he cross?
    Did you not have adequate time to stop?
    Where exactly was the damage to your car? Where was the damage to his?
    Gardai won't involve themselves in giving advice for purpose of taking a claim. Bit they'll generally say where they think blame was albeit informally.

We can't. Because you aren't giving w full picture of what happened? Did the Gardai not charge the other fella with driving without due care and attention for crossing to your side of road?

Why did he cross the line?
    At what point did he cross?
    Did you not have adequate time to stop?
    Where exactly was the damage to your car? Where was the damage to his?
    Gardai won't involve themselves in giving advice for purpose of taking a claim. Bit they'll generally say where they think blame was albeit informally.

The truck driver wanted to pull into my lane, as he wanted to stop in my lane for a few minutes. He was about to drop off a load to a building site. The guards didn’t apportion blame to anybody, they don’t generally at the scene of an accident. The side panel of my car was damaged and my front head lamp on drivers side was completely pushed out of its socket. My front tyre on drivers side was damaged. There was over €2000 of damage done to my car according to the garage estimate.

The truck driver wanted to pull into my lane, as he wanted to stop in my lane for a few minutes. He was about to drop off a load to a building site. The guards didn’t apportion blame to anybody, they don’t generally at the scene of an accident. The side panel of my car was damaged and my front head lamp on drivers side was completely pushed out of its socket. My front tyre on drivers side was damaged. There was over €2000 of damage done to my car according to the garage estimate.

No damage to the truck

Axa looking into my side of the claim now. I have provided my accident photos and witness statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The claims handler was “out of the office,” last week. This week she is on holidays! Hilarious
    !:-)Then got some bull**** letter in the post about denying liability, without even a phone call about same. Ignorant shower!:-)

Are you insured?

Bizzare you would directly contact them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement