Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa claim

Options
  • 06-02-2018 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever try and claim against Axa? They seem to be pretty shady in my opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Johngoose wrote: »
    Anybody ever try and claim against Axa? They seem to be pretty shady in my opinion.

A person insured with Axa rammed into the side of me, came across the white line into my lane and Axa are trying to deny any liability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Have you proof that it happened as you say. Dashcam or independent witness. Axa can only go on the evidence presented to them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A person insured with Axa rammed into the side of me, came across the white line into my lane and he is Axa are trying to deny any liability.

FYP.

All they have to go on is their policyholder's version of the event. Your gripe is with the other driver, not his insurance.

coylemj wrote: »
    FYP.

All they have to go on is their policyholder's version of the event. Your gripe is with the other driver, not his insurance.

The Financial Ombudsman said he’d look into the whole thing.

Riva10 wrote: »
    Have you proof that it happened as you say. Dashcam or independent witness. Axa can only go on the evidence presented to them

C.C.T.V. will be checked. Have photos and a witness, which Axa never asked for. The Financial Ombudsman who deals with insurance companies will check out the whole situation. Very unimpressed with Axa Insurance.

• Advertisement

I appreciate the comments.Thanks. Video footage would be best to be fair.

It isn’t just the other driver who is my problem. I have a written off car in my driveway, which Axa should pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

The Financial Ombudsman said he’d look into the whole thing.

I wouldn't hold out hope if I were you. Turns out the Financial Ombudsman have a grand total of 0 powers to actually do a grand total of feck all.

Unless you're willing to go through the whole process which is likely to take a few years.

wexie wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out hope if I were you. Turns out the Financial Ombudsman have a grand total of 0 powers to actually do a grand total of feck all.

Unless you're willing to go through the whole process which is likely to take a few years.

If it takes a few years I’ll do that. I have a very good solicitor to deal with my claim anyway, so not too worried. The Ombudsman investigation is just to highlight how bad Axa are.

The claims handler was “out of the office,” last week. This week she is on holidays! Hilarious
    !:-)Then got some bull**** letter in the post about denying liability, without even a phone call about same. Ignorant shower!:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

The claims handler was “out of the office,” last week. This week she is on holidays! Hilarious
    !:-)Then got some bull**** letter in the post about denying liability, without even a phone call about same. Ignorant shower!:-)

I'm sad to tell you that's not really just AXA, that's just how insurance companies seem to operate.

I hope you manage to find some CCTV or a witness or something.

wexie wrote: »
    I'm sad to tell you that's not really just AXA, that's just how insurance companies seem to operate.

I hope you manage to find some CCTV or a witness or something.

Thanks Wexie. They won’t get the better of me anyway I can tell you. Axa seem particularly bad I must say. Sent a man out to view my car and they wouldn’t even give me a straight answer as to who he was or what role he was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Johngoose wrote:
    It isn’t just the other driver who is my problem. I have a written off car in my driveway, which Axa should pay for.

Who are you insured with yourself. They are supposed be fighting your corner.

Does your insurance company say that it was the other guys fault?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Who are you insured with yourself. They are supposed be fighting your corner.

Does your insurance company say that it was the other guys fault?

At the moment my lawyer says it’s the other guy’s fault and that Axa are out of line. Not really going to go to my own insurance company with this, as I don’t want my premium going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

It's an obligation of your policy that you have to inform you own insurer if you are involved in an accident. While this claim is ongoing (whether you go through your own insurer or through the third party's) you can't change insurance company so you are stuck with your current insurers until this is resolved.

What are the circumstances of the accident? Normally if it is a clean cut case, insurers will pay out without issue.

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    It's an obligation of your policy that you have to inform you own insurer if you are involved in an accident. While this claim is ongoing (whether you go through your own insurer or through the third party's) you can't change insurance company so you are stuck with your current insurers until this is resolved.

What are the circumstances of the accident? Normally if it is a clean cut case, insurers will pay out without issue.

I have contacted my own insurance company and told them about the claim, so have fulfilled my duty there. Just haven’t gotten them to go up against Axa. I have a lawyer for that. I’d rather not give too much info about the actual crash online. I was stationary and a truck veered over the white line and came in on top of me. That’s all I’d like to say on it, at this point. Thanks for your concern.

Johngoose wrote:
    At the moment my lawyer says it’s the other guy’s fault and that Axa are out of line. Not really going to go to my own insurance company with this, as I don’t want my premium going up.

This is your problem. Your insurance company should be paying out. They then get it back off Axa if it is the other guys fault. You are handling it wrong and the solicitor is a waste of money.

Did you notify your insurance company of the accident? That's one of the first things that you are supposed to do

This is your problem. Your insurance company should be paying out. They then get it back off Axa if it is the other guys fault. You are handling it wrong and the solicitor is a waste of money.

Did you notify your insurance company of the accident? That's one of the first things that you are supposed to do

As I said the day after the accident I reported it to my own insurer. Never heard anything like that before one insurance company paying back another. You must be a legal eagle, a qualified solicitor?

As I said the day after the accident I reported it to my own insurer. Never heard anything like that before one insurance company paying back another. You must be a legal eagle, a qualified solicitor?

It would be fairly standard procedure for claims. Everyone claims off their own insurer and then they fight it out to see who was liable. It means that your car get fixed right away. If you have no claims bonus protection then your bonus won't be affected (though your premium may go up but there is a claim on your record but this is the case no matter what). If you don't have bonus protection then your bonus will be affected then if the third party is found liable then your bonus would be reinstated.

It would be fairly standard procedure for claims. Everyone claims off their own insurer and then they fight it out to see who was liable. It means that your car get fixed right away. If you have no claims bonus protection then your bonus won't be affected (though your premium may go up but there is a claim on your record but this is the case no matter what). If you don't have bonus protection then your bonus will be affected then if the third party is found liable then your bonus would be reinstated.

This is the best option by a mile. There is nothing stopping you putting in a personal injury claim by doing it this way.

The quickest way to get back on the road is claim off your own insurance. If it is the other person fault then your insurance will not go up. Your solicitor won't tell you this because he /she wants the business.

• Advertisement

This is the best option by a mile. There is nothing stopping you putting in a personal injury claim by doing it this way.

The quickest way to get back on the road is claim off your own insurance. If it is the other person fault then your insurance will not go up. Your solicitor won't tell you this because he /she wants the business.

Axa should really employ you, if they haven’t already. I won’t claim off my own insurance as I feel the other person was wrong. Thanks anyway.

It would be fairly standard procedure for claims. Everyone claims off their own insurer and then they fight it out to see who was liable.

Only if you have fully comp.

If you have third party cover only, damage to your own car is your problem which you have to claim from the other guy.

coylemj wrote: »
    Only if you have fully comp.

If you have third party cover only, damage to your own car is your problem which you have to claim from the other guy.

Thanks. You are the voice of reason here. I only have a policy which covers the very basics, as you mentioned. Seems daft telling somebody to claim off their own insurance, when they feel they were in the right.

Johngoose wrote:
    Thanks. You are the voice of reason here. I only have a policy which covers the very basics, as you mentioned. Seems daft telling somebody to claim off their own insurance, when they feel they were in the right.

And yet you are without a car?

And yet you are without a car?

Yes Axa owe me a few grand for my car.

Seems daft telling somebody to claim off their own insurance, when they feel they were in the right.

But if you had fully comp., that is precisely what you should do, otherwise the other crowd will just stonewall you.

If your own insurance company pays out under the fully comp. cover and you convince them that you were in the right, they will go after the other's guy insurance to pay them for the money they paid you for the damage to your car. Whereas if you adopt the attitude that 'I'm in the right so why should I claim off my own insurance?', you will often get nowhere and still have a potential claim hanging over you. Because guess what? If you don't pursue a claim against the other guy, he will come after you instead.

All academic in this case as you only have third party.

Edited out.

Sorry, I didn't realise you only had third party, fire and theft. If that's the case you are stuck claiming off the third party's policy.

You realise he actually works for AXA, right? (At least I think he does anyway. I could be wrong)

Sorry, I didn't realise you only had third party, fire and theft. If that's the case you are stuck claiming off the third party's policy.

Thanks I’d assume anybody tearing strips off me here is working for Axa. It can seem like they are gilding the Lilly/over egging the pudding. They could tone it down a bit, to make it less obvious.:-) Ya third party, fire and theft only with my policy, so will have to fight the mighty Axa.:-)

• Advertisement

You realise he actually works for AXA, right? (At least I think he does anyway. I could be wrong)

If I'm the target of that claim, you're dead wrong.

You told the OP to claim off his own insurance - 'Everyone claims off their own insurer'. I pointed out that that only applies if you have fully comp. and you suddenly accuse me of working for Axa :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement