Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colonoscopy Fears

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, im in for a colonoscopy tomorrow at 11. I have huge anxiety issues so im freaking out big time. I was instructed to take 1 dulcolax before i go to bed from 3 nights. I didnt take the first one (my anxiety levels were telling me to cancel) so i took it saturday morning and the second before i went to bed. Felt so nauseaus and sick and had a bit of a movement but not alot. Today i had a slice of white bread and cheese because i really felt i would drop from no food and then took my third pill after that around 6ish but still no movement. I havent ate that much in the past few days maybe about 2 or 3 meals just drinking lots of water...will i be cleared? Also everything i was reading said that they were also given something aswell as the laxative like clean prep. Im so freaked out right now. I dont know what to expect or what to do. Also what do i bring? Will i feel it..like pain and is the tube big?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

With sedation , you won't feel a thing , sedation is optional with endoscopy, but with colonoscopy you'll definitely be sedated so you'll remember them talking to you on the table but won't feel anything.

Nothing to worry about .

Advertisement