Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you have yet to go to bed, why are you up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I had a few drinks and was woken up.

Now I can't sleep.

****ing drink is supposed to make you sleepy godammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,884 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I’m stuck in bastid work.
    Do people remember when nightclubs had some weird policy that they had to feed you at some stage.usually some 3 day old chicken curry that would be stuck to your shoes the following day after it was puked all over said nightclub.
    Whatever happened to that feed a drunk policy?
    #bring back the curry pot ye stingy bastids

That was a crazy judge in Galway made the nite clubs kill the music turn on the house lights and feed everyone. Years before we used to get the odd feed in a nite club, they had to feed you if you asked, but it was always dodgy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Del2005 wrote: »
    That was a crazy judge in Galway made the nite clubs kill the music turn on the house lights and feed everyone. Years before we used to get the odd feed in a nite club, they had to feed you if you asked, but it was always dodgy looking.

Showing my age here but I remember back in the days of “the alley” a big pot of chicken curry,rice and a sh1t load of peas and paper plates.p1ssed drunk hardly able to stand and trying to work a paper plate and plastic fork.ah them were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

worded wrote: »
    Eating a slice of Vienetta ice cream, this first in approx 10 years.
    My god it’s lovely

If I can’t sleep I’m going to have some explaining for the kids that it’s all gone.

Just going to have one more slice

The Lidl version is half price tomorrow. Just get up early and swap boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Showing my age here but I remember back in the days of “the alley” a big pot of chicken curry,rice and a sh1t load of peas and paper plates.p1ssed drunk hardly able to stand and trying to work a paper plate and plastic fork.ah them were the days.

Lol. It was termed a 'substantial meal'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

Lol. It was termed a 'substantial meal'.

Bad bobs chicken leg and cold slaw. Best part of the night as the music was ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Just finishing off an article that I am writing for the next issue of Phoenix magazine.

Just finishing a can of Heineken after near finishing a vienetta :-)
    One can usually slows my brain down enough to sleep, had too much coffee today

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

everlast75 wrote: »

Now I can't sleep.

Not proper sleep when sloshed though - and your liver is working overtime so when you wake up it'll be very hard to get back to sleep. You'll feel wrecked the next day...

My excuse? Lying on my ex's sofa scoffing vintage cheddar cheese on crackers with liberal dollops of Balkymaloe relish. Nyom!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

everlast75 wrote: »

Now I can't sleep.

Not proper sleep when sloshed though - and your liver is working overtime so when you wake up it'll be very hard to get back to sleep. You'll feel wrecked the next day...

My excuse? Lying on my ex's sofa scoffing vintage cheddar cheese on crackers with liberal dollops of Balkymaloe relish. Nyom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Night terrors. Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cobras...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Im up because im working, really and truly, no word of a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Oh i remember 'chicken suppers'. Sounds better than it was. Sad piece of chicken chips and peas in a shallow plastic tray with a wonky plastic fork. How it managed to make my mouth is a mystery.
    Still, happy days:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Not proper sleep when sloshed though - and your liver is working overtime so when you wake up it'll be very hard to get back to sleep. You'll feel wrecked the next day!

It ain't my liver working overtime...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I was out boozing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

My young daughter’s not well and has a high temperature. I’m ‘sleeping’ on the floor in her room to mind her, so I’m not getting much sleep, though thankfully she’s asleep herself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Del2005 wrote: »

I remember this in Galway. You'd be half cut on would come the main lights and shutters would drop on the bat. you'd get a baked potatoe wrapped in tin foil, and a chilli con carne, burns on your hands because of the drink and lack of awareness how hot it was. Then lights off shutters up and on with the rave music. Churning that food up with all you drank. Floors used to be manky end of night. It was a funny and Wierd few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I have the plague or something and can't sleep, but I did get to watch a season of the wire with no interruptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I’m stuck in bastid work. Do people remember when nightclubs had some weird policy that they had to feed you at some stage.usually some 3 day old chicken curry that would be stuck to your shoes the following day after it was puked all over said nightclub. Whatever happened to that feed a drunk policy? #bring back the curry pot ye stingy bastids

It was part of the licensing laws, nightclubs were actually supper clubs or 'dinner dances' where they could have bar extensions. They had to serve a dinner. Made for quiet going home cos peoples bellys were full and they were less cranky and hangry because there was no need for a 30 deep queue for chips at 3am.
    Fights were for proper reasons like you were chatting up his bird or some such sh!te and it stopped when one stayed down.
    I used to love these feeds cos as a young one at the time you didn't eat for the entire day before you went out in case it made you fat. You didnt care at 12:30 am because you were pie eyed on the 3 bottles of Ritz because you'd no food all day...
    In the spirit of the thread, I was asleep by 11:30 pm cos I have so many kids.

Had to get up to the bins there a while ago, will be fun in the morning taking recyclables out of the hedge.

Why are ye up? who wants a coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sure, it's only 21:12 here in Toronto...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

We're just in from a 40th at a nearby gaa club, I was coerced into hitting the dancefloor. Made a tit of meself but sure f*ck it.....
    Plenty of drinks were hard. Kicking meself now that I didn't ask the taxi driver to stop in the garage when he was bringing us home, running dangerously low on cigarettes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Up watching ufc. Very tired tho

akelly02 wrote: »
    Up watching ufc. Very tired tho

Is it still as popular as ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Im sick and my sleeping pattern is fecked because of it.
    Shivering cold one minute and boiled alive the next....just let me rest dammit!

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Im sick and my sleeping pattern is fecked because of it.
    Shivering cold one minute and boiled alive the next....just let me rest dammit!

Sorry to hear. Like how you put your name together
    Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Is it still as popular as ever?

Was never my cup of tea, big boxing fan mind.

Was never my cup of tea, big boxing fan mind.

Never watched it myself either.
    Only really watch the Olympic boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Sorry to hear. Like how you put your name together
    Get well soon

Why thank you :)
    And what has you up so late tonight?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wife's birthday and she has people around in the house. I'm wrecked tired so hope they go soon haha!

• Advertisement

I was in bed reading and heard the wheeliebin topple over earlier. Went out to fix it. Them haven't been back to sleep since. The night owl in me I guess

Advertisement