Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    A little bird tells me there could be an offer on at Dublin Racing Festival time is you can hold on that long!

There almost always some sort of €60 for 3 months deal in Feb to take you through Cheltenham and Aintree - id say there would be a good chance something similar will crop up this year. A similar type deal at the start of Feb would take you from the Dublin Racing Festival through Cheltenham and Aintree and probably cover Punchestown also.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I'd fling Samcro at you given half a chance.......!!

I'm surprised you even know know Samcro is as he isn't trained by Willie Mullins!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CryanGame

Fiftyplus wrote:
    A little bird tells me there could be an offer on at Dublin Racing Festival time is you can hold on that long!

Will wait for that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

It's all over Twitter again tonight and they are right, Racing TV coverage is very poor.
    Very little pre/post race interviews, no presence in Clonmel Thursday, no interest shown in Irish racing, it'll make me sick to pay for this ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

famagusta wrote: »
    It's all over Twitter again tonight and they are right, Racing TV coverage is very poor.
    Very little pre/post race interviews, no presence in Clonmel Thursday, no interest shown in Irish racing, it'll make me sick to pay for this ****

Careful dont Scotty T hear ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lou 123

The racecard in Punchestown yesterday had an offer from Skybet of a `free six month subscription to RacingTV` when you open an account with them and deposit €10 in it, for new Irish customers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Lou 123 wrote: »
    The racecard in Punchestown yesterday had an offer from Skybet of a `free six month subscription to RacingTV` when you open an account with them and deposit €10 in it, for new Irish customers only.

Thanks for that.
    Any chance it had a link that you could throw up? I can't find anything by googling.

Looks like my wife is about to open a Skybet account! :pac:

Careful dont Scotty T hear ya!

I missed this, i was too busy watching EVERY sports channel on IPTV ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Earendil wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Any chance it had a link that you could throw up? I can't find anything by googling.

Looks like my wife is about to open a Skybet account! :pac:

https://m.skybet.com/lp/acq-ruk-free-racing-euro/?sba_promo=rtv&aff=1197317565&DCMP=PPCBRTV&utm_source=Google%20AdWords&utm_medium=PPC%20Brand&utm_campaign=sky%20bet%20joining%20offersROI&utm_term=[sky%20bet%20joining%20offers]&DCMP=PPC&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInbjT6brt3wIVTLXtCh3CFQBFEAAYASAAEgJajvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I missed this, i was too busy watching EVERY sports channel on IPTV ;)

Any geo blocked?

Can you send me the details please

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    Any geo blocked?

Can you send me the details please

There are loads of providers, search Facebook.
    You will need something to play it on (i play through my Android box using an app called STB emulator)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Fiftyplus wrote: »

I have a feeling there will be no shortage of offers when this crowd realise they've underestimated the stubbornness of the Irish male.

Can't see this going anyway but down. Sky were right to hardball HRI on price, when this goes t!ts up they will get it on longer terms for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

There are loads of providers, search Facebook.
    You will need something to play it on (i play through my Android box using an app called STB emulator)

Not on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Who was the woman doing presenting/analysis today with chippy? First time hearing her and hopefully won't be hearing her again unless she improves. Painful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Who was the woman doing presenting/analysis today with chippy? First time hearing her and hopefully won't be hearing her again unless she improves. Painful stuff.

Kate Harrington was on with him today, I'm sure she'll improve as time goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Easy on the eye though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

famagusta wrote: »
    Kate Harrington was on with him today, I'm sure she'll improve as time goes on

I'm sure she wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Rang to cancel my free month subscription yesterday. The woman on the phone made a €12 a month for 12 months offer without hesitation. I said i would think about it and get back to her. Is this as good an offer as you will get at the minute?
    I do have other 'options' for watching the channel so not too bothered but would be nice to have it....

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

maximo31 wrote: »
    Rang to cancel my free month subscription yesterday. The woman on the phone made a €12 a month for 12 months offer without hesitation. I said i would think about it and get back to her. Is this as good an offer as you will get at the minute?
    I do have other 'options' for watching the channel so not too bothered but would be nice to have it....
    They offered you the Black Friday deal . I think that's as low as they will offer . I took it myself and I think it's good value . I used to use the other "options " but found they were not fully reliable . I find the evening reviews are worth watching , in depth interviews and good race analysis .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lou 123

maximo31 wrote: »
    I believe that this will also be the offer for the Irish Champion`s Weekend. ��

• Advertisement

will ring them once the Dublin festival is over
    if they give me that offer I will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Anyone try the Sky Bet offer and how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

jonnybravo wrote: »

i got it going, but had to ring racingtv and skybet to get it all sorted.

Great value 6 months at the height of the season for free. And i wanted a skybet account anyway so all good..

Have to say i love the HD converage.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

jonnybravo wrote: »

I’m with virgin media and have had no end of back and forward with them and still not sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Is the offer only available as a streaming service only or can you get it on your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Is the offer only available as a streaming service only or can you get it on your TV?

I got it going on my sky box . Just had to ring racingtv give them code and sky viewing card numbe

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJ59

It would be nice if Virgin media gave us poor suckers stuck with them both channels in HD. Can't understand what the problem can be with providing this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgeaney

I was just trying to cancel my subscription on racingTv. They don't allow you to do this online and you have to phone a number. There is a separate number for cancellations. However i have been waiting for long periods to speak to someone and my email to them has not been answered promptly. be very careful signing up with these guys as they make it very hard to stop.

cgeaney wrote: »
    I was just trying to cancel my subscription on racingTv. They don't allow you to do this online and you have to phone a number. There is a separate number for cancellations. However i have been waiting for long periods to speak to someone and my email to them has not been answered promptly. be very careful signing up with these guys as they make it very hard to stop.

I was 42 minutes on hold yesterday

FORTY TWO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

cgeaney wrote:

AFAIK there is no cancellation process with the sky bet offer. You are just cut off after the 6 months.

Advertisement