Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is Racing TV definitely on Mobdro? I can’t get Mobdro on IPhone or iPad, but I could get an android tablet if it’s definitely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

finbarrk wrote: »
    Is Racing TV definitely on Mobdro? I can’t get Mobdro on IPhone or iPad, but I could get an android tablet if it’s definitely on it.

Still down as Racing UK but yes - just confirmed it works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

its on Mobdro but its USELESS on it!
    Constantly freezing, skipping etc
    disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

Yea .. like roger says...all right for casual viewing but good luck if you have a bet on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If it's just to watch a race, Paddy Power only require a 50c bet to view. It can be a bit jittery at times though.

• Advertisement

Are "On the Line" and "The Sunday Forum" gone for good now?
    Shame to see the sunday forum go!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Where are people now going to look at replays of Irish horses?

Trying to assess the form for Dundalk but no longer have the video replays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Where are people now going to look at replays of Irish horses?

Trying to assess the form for Dundalk but no longer have the video replays :(

Yeah nightmare for tomorrow. Currently trying to remember if Sharjah travelled into his race as well as I remember last time out or not!
    I'd imagine it'll be sorted by next week.

From Sporting Life website:

"Due to the transition of Irish racecourses, and Chelmsford, to Racing TV, archive footage from those tracks will be temporarily unavailable on Sporting Life.

Video replays from races that took place before January 1 2019 will not be available from Irish courses and Chelmsford, as well as Bangor and Chester*, who are going the other way to Sky Sports Racing.

We apologise for this and are currently working with the rights holders to do everything we can to get this archive footage available once again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued support of Sporting Life, we appreciate our free video library of British and Irish racing is a useful tool for our customers and we hope to have the full archive available once again soon.

*Ascot makes the transition to Sky Sports Racing in March, so hopefully any archive rights disputes will be resolved by then."

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/video-replay-announcement/156568

So is Dundalk free to air this evening? Think I saw that mentioned last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

So is Dundalk free to air this evening? Think I saw that mentioned last month.

Supposedly. Cant find anything online.

Free Months Trial going on at the moment too (can be added to Sky Box or mobile etc)

https://www.racingtv.com/racingtvoffers/freetrial

Dont bother with it myself as one can access the racing channels off 4.8E in real time.

STB. wrote: »
    Supposedly. Cant find anything online.

Free Months Trial going on at the moment too (can be added to Sky Box or mobile etc)

https://www.racingtv.com/racingtvoffers/freetrial

Dont bother with it myself as one can access the racing channels off 4.8E in real time.

What does this mean please?

Seems to be an issue with the free trial
    its gone off the website and if you google it, the links are not working

Tried calling them and was on hold so long i hung up

oh oh...............!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Just signed up for the free trial about half an hour ago. Was working fine then anyway. Watching it here now......

Free stream working fine. No card details required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Whats the free stream? Do you mean the free month they are giving officially?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Swimming against the ever increasing tide but I must say I enjoyed sitting down last 2 nights and watching the Cork and Naas replays on in the evening at a nice time and can set to record if I'm not about. Irish replays are split into a separate programme from the UK replays as well which is useful I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

How much are they charging you’s over there? For three years now i have had mine at £10 a month when there was an offer on and i always call each year to keep it that way.

I do wish it was still on the other channel though as i feel i’m missing out the usual pre race coverages for the bigger meetings that they would do with Lydia and co in the paddock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I got it for €12 a month for the first 12 months with the Black Friday offer, not sure how much it is normally but too high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Johner wrote: »
    I got it for €12 a month for the first 12 months with the Black Friday offer, not sure how much it is normally but too high anyway.

Each renewal just keep it at that. Think it’s usually 30 a month here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Is €1 per day really too much for racing fans to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

€1 per day is probably fairly steep granted most people would watch minimal racing midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CryanGame

Anyone have any luck bargaining with them? Rang them there and the guy wouldn't budge on €31 a month.

Here, do you work for RUK/RTV or what

all you ever do here is moan about people who moan (justifiably) about what has happened re broadcasting of Irish racing since Christmas

Seems to be a pattern here..........

Here, do you work for RUK/RTV or what

all you ever do here is moan about people who moan (justifiably) about what has happened re broadcasting of Irish racing since Christmas

Seems to be a pattern here..........

No I’m just a realist.

Don’t like paying subscriptions? Then don’t. Get IPTV or something instead. Just stop whining FFS

No I’m just a realist.

Don’t like paying subscriptions? Then don’t. Get IPTV or something instead. Just stop whining FFS

Well excuse us Bill fuppin Gates!:rolleyes:

Well excuse us Bill fuppin Gates!:rolleyes:

Working for RTV & now i'm Bill Gates. Anything else you want to fling at me?

Working for RTV & now i'm Bill Gates. Anything else you want to fling at me?

I'd fling Samcro at you given half a chance.......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Fiftyplus

A little bird tells me there could be an offer on at Dublin Racing Festival time is you can hold on that long!

• Advertisement

i took the month free alreaday

Advertisement