Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match preview & thread: FRA vs IRE (Sat Feb 3, 1645)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Zzippy wrote: »
    Please read the charter and don't bring up the anthem again

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

France in disarray, especially in terms of the management, I can see Ireland winning by 8-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Yer man hosting on TV3 couldn't be any less interested. Shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Joanne Cantwell is the best sports presenter in Ireland. This may be hyperbole!

Give me Maire Treasa Ní Dhubhghaill from TG 4 any day of the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

TV3 are a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well I never. Joe Schmidt just on France 2 and he speaks (fairly) fluent French. Bravo Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Did she call him Phil O Connell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Wonder if he had to buy that jersey? :pac:

https://twitter.com/SimonZebo/status/959817617191129089

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Give me Maire Treasa Ní Hhubhghaill from TG 4 any day of the week :)

Can't beat Gabby Yorath :).

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I disagree, he is a very good host and I think they made a right choice (although I am basing that on hisb other career arenas) but the whole atmosphere from the studio to the commentary to even that pitchside commentary just there is nervy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Well I never. Joe Schmidt just on France 2 and he speaks (fairly) fluent French. Bravo Joe.

Read in the Irish Times this morning he learned French in 6 months for coaching at Clermont.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Gwynplaine wrote: »

He's way better than Daire O'Brien.

Every single welsh player singing their national anthem.you'd. never see that when watching the Irish team.

:D

Keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Lets hope Jallibert doesnt pull a Cipriani on us today

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Peregrine wrote: »
    He's way better than Daire O'Brien.

He is he's letting the panel speak

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hiberno12345

ROG always comes across like he is about to say something incredibly insightful - but doesn't.

Stheno wrote: »
    He is he's letting the panel speak

And taking it in, not just cue carding his way through

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I have given up in TV.

Paul O'Connell is coming across very well on the BBC. Seems like a natural!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And taking it in, not just cue carding his way through

Yeah at the beginning Rog was explaining how the pack attack and it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

ROG always comes across like he is about to say something incredibly insightful - but doesn't.
    he claimed earlier that the scots had no chance

• Advertisement

flutered wrote: »
    he claimed earlier that the scots had no chance

He was the only one of the panel to back Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

5 times I've attempted to switch over to TV3 from BBC to see what's happening and they've been on break.

laugh wrote: »
    5 times I've attempted to switch over to TV3 from BBC to see what's happening and they've been on break.

Well seeming that BBC don't do ads, you are hardly playing on a level pegging!

In fairness, TV3 forked out a lot of money to take the rights from our licence fee recipient. The ire should be directed at the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭kub

BBC are showing how it is done, TV3 are as always amateurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Well seeming that BBC don't do ads, you are hardly playing on a level pegging!

In fairness, TV3 forked out a lot of money to take the rights from our licence fee recipient. The ire should be directed at the latter

You wanted even more of your licence fee spent on outbidding a private company. Riiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm enjoying the Rugbypass feed of near total silence, and now the clack clack of studs in the tunnel. No analysis at all, just live footage from the stadium.

Anyone else still humming the foux de fafa song?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,646 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When we are expected to win and are favourites against France we usually flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I wonder did they give people lights to hold up, or are there just that many people who are stupid enough to leave their camera flash on.

• Advertisement

You wanted even more of your licence fee spent on outbidding a private company. Riiiight.

Nope....................... not what I said at all but sure whatever you think yourself. I am glad TV3 outbid them. But if people are going to moan about ads, there is a very valid reason for them.

Riiiiiight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement