Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

dregin wrote: »
    QF beers happening??

I'm heading to searsons. I'll be wearing the green top.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

What I love about the drug testing now is, they store samples for when the testing catches up with the doping. I look forward to seeing these dopers having their medals revoked.

I'm very curious about what's going to happen with the stored blood samples of Barcelona, Madrid and Spanish national side players. I'm convinced they're dirty as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

You reach a point where the political price for uncovering a giant mess is not considered worth digging up anymore. Shamefully.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mattress Mick on dancing with the stars would nearly make me watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

awec wrote: »
    Mattress Mick on dancing with the stars would nearly make me watch it.

Mattress Mick orders tuna melts from Subway.

There is absolutely no way in hell I could support a man as disgusting as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can anyone recommend good bluetooth earphones for jogging etc. I'd love to get Airpods (I can't stand buds that go into your ear canal) but they're fairly pricey and some people online saying they're having issues with them with Garmin Vivoactives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Synode wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good bluetooth earphones for jogging etc. I'd love to get Airpods (I can't stand buds that go into your ear canal) but they're fairly pricey and some people online saying they're having issues with them with Garmin Vivoactives

They also have decent JBL Bluetooth exercise earphones in TK Maxx for €40-€50.

Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

troyzer wrote: »
    They also have decent JBL Bluetooth exercise earphones in TK Maxx for €40-€50.

Worth a shot.

I have the JBL Reflect Mini 2, a bit pricier than that, but great sound quality, in ear buds that actually stick. My only problem is that they're so secure and snug, I can hear my footfalls through the earbuds a little, which isn't a massive deal but is noticable.

Synode wrote: »

I bought these recently and am really pleased with them. They're in ear though so probably not your style. The bass is surprisingly good for the price of them.

I personally think Airpods aren't great, especially for the price. The fact that airpods kinda sit on your ear rather than in your ear mean there is a ton of sound bleed from surrounding noise. I want to be able to perfectly hear whatever I'm listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A year late but RDR2 is an absolute masterpiece. Rockstar have done it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

12 days early for some of us! I am very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I couldn't get into it. I found knocking about on the horse to be a pain in the arse to be honest. I might get it again when it comes out on PC (on sale).

Thought it was a bit meh to be honest.

For a few hours it was interesting, then I got bored of it.

It'll probably be better on PC, I know I found the console graphics and framerate really negatively affected the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It starts slowly, I'll grant you. The frame rate can be a bit jarring alright. I imagine it will be amazing on a high spec PC

The production at parts is movie quality. GTA 5 is amazing in its own right but RDR2 takes it up a notch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Anyone with any suggestions on where to watch the Munster match in Brussels this weekend?

Does anyone have Virgin Broadband but not Virgin TV?

I am wondering does the Virgin Sport app that comes with Broadband include eirsport, and if so does it stream to the TV well. I am about to switch and could buy the TV, but it'd just be for eirsport. Not sure if worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone have Virgin Broadband but not Virgin TV?

I am wondering does the Virgin Sport app that comes with Broadband include eirsport, and if so does it stream to the TV well. I am about to switch and could buy the TV, but it'd just be for eirsport. Not sure if worth it.

I do. I never thought to test that. I'll try figure it out and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I've had issues any time I've tried to cast Eir Sport 1 from the Virgin TV app.

DGRulz wrote: »
    I've had issues any time I've tried to cast Eir Sport 1 from the Virgin TV app.

This is interesting. I don't so much mind if there are issues with it, really just interested if it is included in the package or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have the Bose Soundsport (wireless but the earphones themselves are wired together) and I am fairly find of them. Always had a lot of trouble with earphones sliding out but these are fairly solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Does anyone know if you actually need a virgin media / upc connection point screwed to the wall. There was one there when I moved in, but it's gone now and there is just a coax cable coming out of the wall. Can I plug into that?

Does anyone know if you actually need a virgin media / upc connection point screwed to the wall. There was one there when I moved in, but it's gone now and there is just a coax cable coming out of the wall. Can I plug into that?

Yep. You might need a splitter or some kind of connector, but you can buy those in any place that sells cabling etc, like power city.

Having a bit of a headache on it. Virgin trying to charge me 110 to have someone out to fix.

Having a bit of a headache on it. Virgin trying to charge me 110 to have someone out to fix.

What’s the issue?

awec wrote: »
    What’s the issue?

The router just isn't getting any signal. They eventually waived all the fees. So a guy will come out on Wednesday and install a new access point etc. It actually worked out kinda well, because my EIR ends on Thursday and it means I won't be paying for an overlapping week.

A vintage football jersey pop up shop is opening up in Dublin tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a few early/mid 90's United and Milan jerseys. It's only open until the 10th of November, so anyone interested needs to get there quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Clegg wrote: »
    A vintage football jersey pop up shop is opening up in Dublin tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a few early/mid 90's United and Milan jerseys. It's only open until the 10th of November, so anyone interested needs to get there quickly.

Where is it opening?

Where is it opening?

South Anne Street.

I think it's the unit next to Kehoes Pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clegg wrote: »

I dropped in on lunch today, they'd some deadly stuff but I have to admit the prices on some were mental. Had hoped to pick up some early 90s spurs stuff and was looking at a 97 Ginola but it was 65 quid. Granted they'd some cheaper ones the newer you go, but certainly not any bargains with the older stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement