Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone see that Lobov vs Knight bare knuckle fight? Mental.

How messed up in the head do you have to be to take part in this sort of carry on? Two lads faces were properly minced after.

SEC_60710828.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C338&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

awec wrote: »
    Anyone see that Lobov vs Knight bare knuckle fight? Mental.

How messed up in the head do you have to be to take part in this sort of carry on? Two lads faces were properly minced after.

SEC_60710828.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C338&ssl=1

It's going to end up getting banned fairly fast.

The organiser gave away half of one of the fighter's pots because he felt like "it was entertaining enough" because he wasn't throwing enough punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd be interested to see the data on whether bare knuckle fighters take more or less shots to the head than traditional boxing, and also whether the average force is any different. I'd take a mangled face any day over CTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I enjoy boxing and I've watched the odd mma fight but that is not or ever should be allowed. It's not a sport end of. If that was happening on a street corner the 2 lads would be in a cell before they knew what was happening. Barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Does anyone have any experience letting out parking spaces in Dublin. Like what are the best websites to sell them on, pay the least commission or fees etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience letting out parking spaces in Dublin. Like what are the best websites to sell them on, pay the least commission or fees etc

I have always used Daft to find the spaces I’ve rented. Think there is still a free option on it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I have a lot of experience letting out farts in Dublin, i use waft.

I hope this is of some help :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Apparently Delaney and two other board members will be leaving the FAI.

I'll believe it once it's confirmed, but if true, brilliant outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Strange to have final round of the Masters on Sunday afternoon, Molinari with a serious chance to win another Major. Some turnaround in his career the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The Folau controversy highlights the fact that many people don't seem to understand that in many countries the freedom of expression isn't absolute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Clegg wrote: »
    The Folau controversy highlights the fact that many people don't seem to understand that inmanu countries the freedom of expression isn't absolute.

I can't think of any country where you have absolute freedom of expression...some give more leeway...but nothing is absolute

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wow, Tiger Woods is going to win the Masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Wow, Tiger Woods is going to win the Masters?

His to lose

So to open the debate, would this be the greatest comeback in the history of sport?

This guy had his spine fused back together only a couple of years ago!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tigers back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I'm not a Tiger fan at all.... but you've got to admire his determination to get back to where he once was 13 years ago...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Erik Shun wrote: »
    I'm not a Tiger fan at all.... but you've got to admire his determination to get back to where he once was 13 years ago...

Same.
    He's very unlikeable.

But such a fantastic golfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Erik Shun wrote: »

Nah.

Feck him.

I called Tiger yesterday when he was still a good price, actually raging I didn’t go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Clegg wrote: »
    The Folau controversy highlights the fact that many people don't seem to understand that in many countries the freedom of expression isn't absolute.

The problem is that people don't understand the difference between freedom of speech/expressions and lack of consequences for saying what want. The fact that Folau isn't in jail for what he said means that he has freedom of speech. The fact that he might have his contract cancelled means that what he said was in breach of clauses in his contract,so he has to face the consequences.

As an adult living in Ireland I'm perfectly entitled to get drunk if I choose to so long as I don't endanger or bother/harm anyone else. If I went into work drunk and got a warning for it and was told not to do it again and then did it again my company would be well within their rights to sack me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

In Western societies in general, lots of people spend a lot of time talking about their rights and next to no time at all talking about their responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A fire is ongoing at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris. Fingers crossed the damage can be controlled. It's an incredible building.

Has anyone on here ever filled the AdBlue tank in their car from one of the fuel stations rather than buying the drums of it? Is it handy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

A fire is ongoing at Notre Dame cathedral in Paris. Fingers crossed the damage can be controlled. It's an incredible building.

Really really sad sight. The fire looks completely out of control.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bilston wrote: »
    Really really sad sight. The fire looks completely out of control.

Main spire has collapsed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

In a piece of heartwarming news, Quasimodo is reported safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

molloyjh wrote: »
    In Western societies in general, lots of people spend a lot of time talking about their rights and next to no time at all talking about their responsibilities.

And further, they don't understand that freedom of speech protects you from government, not from your employer or other private organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Has anyone on here ever filled the AdBlue tank in their car from one of the fuel stations rather than buying the drums of it? Is it handy enough?

Yep....There's a place just off the naas road that does it. Pump into the ad blue tank hole and off you go...Cheaper than drums or bottles!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

So...all that talk of Georgia entering the 6N...had a quick look on the NZ Safe Travel website for Georgia...

Do not travel to the regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia and the areas near the administrative boundary lines. The threat of terrorism, crime and unexploded mines and ordnance makes travel to these areas extremely dangerous.

Previous incidents of terrorism have included improvised explosive devices and other acts of violence in South Ossetia and Abkhazia. There is also a danger from unexploded landmines in Abkhazia and South Ossetia and mined areas may be unmarked. New Zealanders are advised not to stray off well-used roads and paths in those areas.

As these regions are not under the control of Georgian authorities, the New Zealand Government has a severely limited ability to provide assistance to New Zealand citizens.

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement