Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quincy Jones says Ireland is so racist it's frightening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Shouldn't he stick to solving crimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Haha what are you doing posting that on AH?

You're just going to accidentally prove Quincy Jones right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Emme wrote: »
    Quincy Jones says Ireland is so racist it's frightening.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/music-producer-quincy-jones-says-ireland-is-so-racist-its-frightening-36546295.html

He might be pleasantly surprised if he went around Ireland. However I had a read of the article and it seems that 84 year old Quincy Jones doesn't like "the fat and old". Isn't that ageist and sizeist of him? He also has 23 girlfriends who all know about each other. Fair play to him. I presume none of them are fat or old.

Maybe it was just Quincy that we didn't like and not a whole race? He seems like a piece of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

24cfb12b3fb39fe8593487b21f7b11740f5917c94f8e7646ab216b63ac174468.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The 84-year-old producer - who has six daughters and a son - told GQ in a wide-ranging interview that he "stays at Bono's castle when he is in Dublin

Yeah, I'm not quite sure he was mixing with the regular folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Quincy Jones is a long legged mac daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

He’s friends with Bono, that tells you all you need to know about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Right that's him goin' on my death Pool list, That'll learn him!

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

He's an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

No examples of racism in that article.
    You would expect a few entertaining anecdotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I dont see why mentioning how many sons and daughters have to do with this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Remind me of how many race-related Gardaí shooting incidents have occurred here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Fvck him and his opinion of this country.

:rolleyes: I stay in Bono's castle....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The article is just an assortment of things he has said, with little to no connection to each other. And no mention of Racism after the start of the article.

:confused:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Click bait article

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Article reads like if he was drunk at the time of the interview
    "Why not??? Why? For what, man? There's nothing...there's no upside. You gotta be kidding. I got me some technology out there that keep fat and old away from here. Buzzes if they're too old.
    His mind is still in the '50, get with the program old man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Ireland has to be one of the least racist countries in the world. Maybe he's going senile or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Id say he's great craic over a few pints.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Quincy Jones is one of my favourite music artists - to be honest he can say whatever he likes having scored The Italian Job and The Getaway (that and he is old and doddery now).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I want to see Tommy Tiernan interviewing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Quincy hasnt been the same since his son formed LMAFO and released "Im Sexy and i know it"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

He must be pissed off to be given a moniker like Quincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Ireland has to be one of the least racist countries in the world. Maybe he's going senile or something.

Not my experience when I came back here a few years ago....casual racism/bigotry is far more prevalent than in the UK...at least that's what I experienced when listening to work colleagues. Quincy Jones does seem like a bit of an arse though and maybe a bit of a racist himself...nothing too unusual there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Emme wrote: »

But says feck all else, so we've no idea why he thinks that at all. Pointless article that leaves you no wiser for having read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

That senseless ramble by Mr. Jones is one of the more coherent articles the Indo has published recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

southstar wrote: »
    Not my experience when I came back here a few years ago....casual racism/bigotry is far more prevalent than in the UK...at least that's what I experienced when listening to work colleagues. Quincy Jones does seem like a bit of an arse though and maybe a bit of a racist himself...nothing too unusual there.

When I worked in call centres I heard some racist crap. I'm not racist but.... kind of stuff and some of it was shocking. But it was pretty rare. Most of the people I worked with never said or did anything slightly racist. Now I work in tech I never hear anything like that.

But you're right when you say it's worse in the UK. I have friends from there who are casually racist all the time. They have no problems making blanket statements about any racial/ethnic group. Even when I was in the call centre, taking calls from english customers, you'd hear racist crap. Especially towards the irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Bob Harris wrote: »
    That senseless ramble by Mr. Jones is one of the more coherent articles the Indo has published recently.

Yeah its usually blubbering over Irelands richest people, poshest schools, associated lifestyle drivel, stoking the property bubble (again)...cant take it seriously as a newspaper anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

southstar wrote: »
    Yeah its usually blubbering over Irelands richest people, poshest schools, associated lifestyle drivel, stoking the property bubble (again)...cant take it seriously as a newspaper anymore.

BOD, Huberman, that Egan gob****e, that Keane gob****e, that Egan gob****e, vogue fuckin williams ad fuckin nauseam......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭pemay

Racism is only a problem when different races mix together.

The more races that live together, the bigger a problem racism becomes.

I'd say the Japanese are racist as f**k, but seeing as its probably 95% Japanese living in japan.......its not a problem for either the japs OR other races.

Just solved the racist problem of the world, will be waiting on that nobel prize through the post any day now :)

Advertisement