Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burkas not welcome?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

dense wrote: »
    I notice that the newly opened Cool Planet Experience at Powerscourt appears to be implementing a no burka policy.

"- Face masks and/or costumes which are designed to conceal the identity of a person are prohibited."

http://cpe.cool/pages/terms-and-conditions

No exceptions on any grounds mentioned.

Seems a risky stance for a registered charity to be taking.

Maybe I'll rock on down in my burka to check out if they think I'm concealing my identity or not!

This is what happens when someone actually reads the T’s And C’s. It’s probably mentioned for bank loans, competitions, broadband subscriptions but no ones ever read them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

HonalD wrote: »
    This is what happens when someone actually reads the T’s And C’s. It’s probably mentioned for bank loans, competitions, broadband subscriptions but no ones ever read them all.

So if I'm applying for broadband subscription I can't wear my burka ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Weapons are banned also, Islamic State will be really upset about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Grayson wrote: »
    The OP didn't sound offended. I'm not entirely sure what the point of the thread was.

As stated "seeking" to be offended as indicated below ...
    dense wrote:
    ...Maybe I'll rock on down in my burka to check out if they think I'm concealing my identity or not!

Advertisement