Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 49" 4K €549 in Argos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Another looking for a code so if anybody has a code Dublin based or a short drive outside, would appreciate.
    There is 1 available in the ilac centre

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Some available in Tallaght and Naas also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

One left in Cruises St in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There is 1 available in the ilac centre
    Some available in Tallaght

Cheers lads, reserved the Tallaght one as it's nearer.

Couple available in Northern Ireland for £429.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Back to normal price now, pity all the tvs were reserved.
    799 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I reserved one yesterday at €549 do they normally honor the reservation price?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

F34 wrote: »

They will if you have the confirmation email with the lower price once the reservation time hasn't lapsed

Yep.
    Just show them the email confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Yep.
    Just show them the email confirmation.

Just in there was no hassle the tv seemed to be still at 549 in the store system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

https://www.powercity.ie/product/55UJ634

€50 more for a 55" LG. This is UHD rather than HDR, I'm not really sure what the difference is.

I got this on Friday, upgrading from a 42" and I'm loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Just wondering how this would compare to the OP?

https://www.powercity.ie/product/49WE663

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

How come Argos NI can hold a offer for 4 days and ROI can only do it for a day?
    Reserved one in Ni and can collect up to Sunday :eek:

Assume the one in the North would be the same as the one down here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

How come Argos NI can hold a offer for 4 days and ROI can only do it for a day?
    Reserved one in Ni and can collect up to Sunday :eek:

Well now I'm even more annoyed that I can't get off work in time today to collect after all!

Reservation code for Cruises Street Limerick valid til 6 today if anyone wants it?

If you ring customer service they will extend it for you.
    I can't get up to Tallaght before 6 today so rang them and they extended it until tomorrow!
    Asked the girl would the price still be the same and she said yes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Nokotan wrote: »
    https://www.powercity.ie/product/55UJ634

€50 more for a 55" LG. This is UHD rather than HDR, I'm not really sure what the difference is.

I got this on Friday, upgrading from a 42" and I'm loving it.

UHD is Ultra High Definition, meaning the resolution (4K) or clarity of the picture. Whereas HDR is High Dynamic Range, meaning it can display a wider, more realistic range of colours. Ideally you'd want it to have both but unless you're going into the really high end TVs the average viewer probably wouldn't notice a fierce difference in having HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

UHD is Ultra High Definition, meaning the resolution (4K) or clarity of the picture. Whereas HDR is High Dynamic Range, meaning it can display a wider, more realistic range of colours. Ideally you'd want it to have both but unless you're going into the really high end TVs the average viewer probably wouldn't notice a fierce difference in having HDR.

Cheers, the LG actually does have HDR

Active HDR expanding your HDR choices
    Contrast booster for HDR-like viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

j<>c wrote: »

Was buying that t.v myself before Christmas until I seen it on it,s stand in another shop and the plastic stand was warped.put me right off it.great picture quality though.

"Just in there was no hassle the tv seemed to be still at 549 in the store system"

Went into Tallaght store to collect yesterday and price came up as €799, explained had rung CS and asked for it to be extended.
    She asked for email with price €549 and when shown, she put it through at €549, no hassle.
    Also got a €10 voucher for the new promotion running :)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Couldn't find any in Dublin and the only place I could find one was in Belfast, so reserved it, planning to go up this Sunday.
    Since then one of my friends who had also bought one, last night discovered that his landlord won't allow him to hang it on the wall so I'm buying it off him as it won't fit anywhere else :D.
    This means I don't need to go up Sunday so there is now a code available at

Argos
    Belfast Connswater
    40 Connswater Shopping Centre, Bloomfield Avenue
    Belfast BT5 5LP

I had also reserved a Sony HT-CT290 300W 2.1Ch Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer.
    The TV is £429 (€489 using Revolut) & Sound Bar is £199 (€226) but there was an offer when bought together so both are £598 (€688).
    Price of TV alone has gone back up £629 (€799) but reservation still available at old price!
    You will also get a Free £10 Argos voucher as you will be buying something over £100. :D

Price is only valid until this Sunday so if anybody wants it, PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement