Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 49" 4K €549 in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Sony TV's are generally the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

j<>c wrote: »

Certainly is and it's even cheaper @ £429 in Argos UK (€486 with revolut) + it's Android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Certainly is and it's even cheaper @ £429 in Argos UK (€486 with revolut) + it's Android

It says its out of stock for delivery in uk website.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

No stock anywhere from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

The 49' LG for 579 in Currys....if that's a bargain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 j<>c

GaGa21 wrote: »
    The 49' LG for 579 in Currys....if that's a bargain?

That's a 3k rgbw TV, whereas this is (I think) 4k RGB. Am undecided between this and the 55" LG in Harvey Norman for 599. Sony used to make the best TVs, don't know if that's still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

I've noticed Argos seem to be doing this a lot... Putting out of stock items with stupid low sales price. Now not sure if items are out of stock cos of prices or prices are because of out of stock.... But I'd wager it's the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That's a 3k rgbw TV, whereas this is (I think) 4k RGB. Am undecided between this and the 55" LG in Harvey Norman for 599. Sony used to make the best TVs, don't know if that's still the case?

Since there are so many of them, would you know which model this is?

Edit: Found it, I think.
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-55-ultra-hd-4k-tv-55uj635v.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

daheff wrote: »
    I've noticed Argos seem to be doing this a lot... Putting out of stock items with stupid low sales price. Now not sure if items are out of stock cos of prices or prices are because of out of stock.... But I'd wager it's the second.

There was one in stock in my local Argos yesterday morning but an hour later it was gone. You need to be checking pricescanner first thing in the morning to catch the best reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

I have one reserved for navan store it's to big for my needs 1st one to pm gets it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Any reservations not needed in the louth dublin or tipp areas? Id happily take off your hands. Well only one wanted.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

If anyone had a code for the Dublin or surrounding areas, if would be much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭epopnomis

They had a similar tv for 399 pounds on Amazon recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Unfortunately not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

epopnomis wrote: »
    They had a similar tv for 399 pounds on Amazon recently...

Think it was on offer with prime yesterday for £420

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

coconnellz wrote: »
    I have one reserved for navan store it's to big for my needs 1st one to pm gets it

Why did you reserve it then? People like you who reserve things they have no intention of picking them up annoy the tits off me. By the time your reservation is over the sale might be too and then nobody gets the deal. I've missed out on deals for this exact reason in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Body Fat Estimate

Oat23 wrote: »
    Why did you reserve it then? People like you who reserve things they have no intention of picking them up annoy the tits off me. By the time your reservation is over the sale might be too and then nobody gets the deal. I've missed out on deals for this exact reason in the past.

This is the way the world works. He reserved it to keep his options open, reservations last until the end of the next day as far as I am aware. You missed out, because other people got there first; hard luck, and better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is this only a true 50Hz TV?

Here's the basic overview of this TV from Which?:

Verdict: Lots to like - 65%

Decent picture and sound, handy YouView feature
    Colours too warm at times, set-up and use could be better explained

PICTURE QUALITY
    4 out of 5
    At its best with 4K HDR footage, here the Sony's colour and contrast is balanced and punchy. But colours are too warm at lower resolutions.

SOUND QUALITY
    3 out of 5
    It's not unpleasant to listen to but lacks the richness that we've seen from many TVs in this price range.

EASE OF USE
    3 out of 5
    It runs Android TV, the smart-TV platform from Google. We'd like more of an introduction to how to get up and running - those new to smart TV may feel a little lost at first.

Oat23 wrote: »

In defence of coconnellz, he did offer the reservation to anyone willing to use it... I requested it from him, he subsequently got back to me straight away, in this case it wasn't wasted, I managed to pick one up yesterday. I totally understand the point, where people make a reservation (or multiple reservations) and do nothing with them, that the opportunity is wasted for everyone.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is this only a true 50Hz TV?

I can't see anything along these lines mentioned on Which? or other websites. It does appear to be referenced to as Native 50hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 j<>c

Kirb42 have you tride the TV yet? What do you think of it?

Kirb42 have you tride the TV yet? What do you think of it?

I'm actually very happy with it..Picture is excellent, Functions and getting around it are also easy enough, the installation was straight forward, in most part it was handled through a connection to my mobile..Horses for Courses..I would recommend it..

I had recently purchased the LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K, a fine TV, but I have been a Sony user for a long while now, finding the LG takes a little getting used to..Colours are a little different to the Sony..very easy to navigate though, I will probably switch it out for the Sony now..

I have a family member very interested in getting one of these..
    If anyone had a code for the Dublin or surrounding areas, Please PM, if would be much appreciated..Many Thanks

In defence of coconnellz, he did offer the reservation to anyone willing to use it... I requested it from him, he subsequently got back to me straight away, in this case it wasn't wasted

At least I know who got it after he replied to my request for the code to say it was gone :rolleyes:.
    Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I bought this from Amazon just before Blackfriday. I paid £504 for it (and got an Alexa Echo 2 for £72).

I am pretty happy with it. The picture is good, plenty of ports and connectivity as you would expect. The android TV on it is good, it was easy to install Kodi and erm, some of the perks of Kodi. Handily enough it also came with Amazon Prime installed which was great, because the prime video app would not Chromecast so I was going to have to buy a firestick if it did not.

This TV is one of the few Sony Models controllable with Alexa, but that is Geoblocked in the Republic of Ireland. At the moment there is no way to get the Alexa control working, but hopefully they expand to Ireland soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I have one reserved in cruises street of someone wants it

I know I've become what I hate but I really contemplated buying it just gonna wait longer for a higher spec tv to drop in price, fire a pm if someone wants it

Again sorry

Hococop wrote: »
    I have one reserved in cruises street of someone wants it

I know I've become what I hate but I really contemplated buying it just gonna wait longer for a higher spec tv to drop in price, fire a pm if someone wants it

Again sorry

Appreciate the offer Hococop.. a little too far though...

Another looking for a code so if anybody has a code Dublin based or a short drive outside, would appreciate.

Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is the way the world works. He reserved it to keep his options open, reservations last until the end of the next day as far as I am aware. You missed out, because other people got there first; hard luck, and better luck next time.

I wasn't looking to buy this. I bought an OLED in November so I'm sorted. It's just every time a bargain is posted here the thread is full of people saying 'I have a code for X. First one to PM me gets it.'. It's good that it wasn't wasted this time but plenty of times in the past codes have gone to waste.

And that crap about keeping his options open...he said it was too big for his needs. When you are looking for a TV you know the max size you can get from the get go.

Advertisement