Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs open good Friday shows TDs in Vintners pockets

Options
  • 25-01-2018 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Why are people so short sighted? they think they have won some kind of victory today?

The same corrupt lying scum that are behind this move want to more than double the price of a few beers at home in the name of saving us from binge drinking.

I am sure the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) will make sure none of their customers drink drive or consume more then four drinks on good Friday to prevent binge drinking.

A plague on their business they get the law changed to help their business and yet they also want a change in the law to cripple their competitors in the name of preventing binge drinking.

If these people are so worried about binge drinking why did they not try and get in the family business on Good Fridays with their food?

Afterall we are told it's a social thing what could be more social than a nice family day?;):D:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wonder how the Healy Rae’s voted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This will turn into another incredibly messy day. A new paddy’s day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wonder how the Healy Rae’s voted

Yes I wonder?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good day for a boycott

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Good day for a boycott

Will be from the high stool.

• Advertisement

Good day for a boycott

Do people have the intelligence on the attention span I doubt it.:(

However I really hope I am wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057834196

It won't be compulsory to drink on Good Friday. You'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Finally, Irish Rail loose their government provided monopoly :D

Real opinion......Its a bad day when a bad decision was made :(

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057834196

It won't be compulsory to drink on Good Friday. You'll be grand.

I always have a drink on good Friday I get it in the supermarket on thursday.
    The VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) don't think I should be allowed do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I wish, I will be working me socks off like any other Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,712 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It won't.

Most people in most other industries have to work, given that it's not a public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

So you'd rather be told to NOT do something indirectly by the Christian church, than be given the choice to do it or not of your own free will?

That's a weird perspective to have. Take off the tin foil hat.

It's just another Friday on the calendar now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It isn't a bank holiday for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How? Must people I know work on it, and most businesses are open. Its a church holiday, not a public holiday.

boreder wrote: »
    So you'd rather be told to NOT do something indirectly by the Christian church, than be given the choice to do it or not of your own free will?

That's a weird perspective to have. Take off the tin foil hat.

It's just another Friday on the calendar now.

So you would rather have the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) tell you can't buy a few beers and a fair price in your local supermarket?

So rant about the church and not being involved in the laws of the land.
    Meanwhile the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) will tell us when and where we can drink and how much me must pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) don't think I should be allowed do this.

So, we are not allowed drink at home now in return for passing this legislation? Basters slipped that one in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You have to be one sad bastard to latch onto this as a reason to go out and get drunk on that particular day.

So, we are not allowed drink at home now in return for passing this legislation? Basters slipped that one in

Yes the very same people who lobbied for this are behind the move to mad expensive drink at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So you would rather have the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) tell you can't buy a few beers and a fair price in your local supermarket?

You are ranting about one issue under the heading of another.

What is the topic?

You are ranting about one issue under the heading of another.

What is the topic?

The topic is quite clear the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) got their way today they lobbied for this.
    More relaxed alcohol laws for their business.
    They have also lobbied for a law to destroy their competitors.

If you can't understand the topic?:confused:

Edit do you have any link to the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Incredibly, you can still do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

So rant about the church and not being involved in the laws of the land.
    Meanwhile the scummy lying corrupt VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) will tells up when and where we can drink and how much me must pay.

I'm not sure why you are going on about supermarkets.

The topic of today: I can decide if I buy a beer on Good Friday or not. The church no longer make the decision for me. That is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Biggest casualty here is the generation of kids who will never know the lunacy of a Good Friday house party.

boreder wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you are going on about supermarkets.

The topic of today: I can decide if I buy a beer on Good Friday or not. The church no longer make the decision for me. That is a good thing.

But your happy for the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) to set the price of drinks that are not purchased in their grubby watering holes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    How? Must people I know work on it, and most businesses are open. Its a church holiday, not a public holiday.

Lots of people are off. The crowd that used to drink at home will now take to the pubs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

But your happy for the VFI (Vintners Federation of Ireland) to set the price of drinks that are not purchased in their grubby watering holes?

I'm lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'll be having a compulsory sweaty celebration ****

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I'm lost

Your a moderator and have almost 11'000 posts and you have been a member over ten years and you are unaware the VFI are behind the lobbying to cripple home drink sales?

fry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Your a moderator and have almost 11'000 posts and you have been a member over ten years and you are unaware the VFI are behind the lobbying to cripple home drink sales?

and what has that got to do with the price of drink? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

They have also lobbied for a law to destroy their competitors.

Of course that’s absolutely untrue. Tesco and Dunne’s etc. are not competitors of pubs.

In reality they are cutting the price of alcohol as loss leaders to entice people into their stores.

I would think they are delighted that the price of booze will have to go up, fatter margins for them too.

I am not aware of any supermarket lobbying against the minimum unit price, the only issue they had seems to revolve about the cost of creating segregated areas in their stores for booze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement