Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Presidents Club closes amid reports of sexual harassment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was like "The UK has a president now?"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Filthy feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

the Children’s Minister in Uk is in a spot of bother over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope it brings an end to the ladies night charity events as worse happens

Anyone asked about it including the speaker David Walliams and The Childrens Minster(who has attended for years now) seem to say they went but did not stay for any length of time so did not know what it was.

This tweet about it made me laugh,

The Presidents Club has shut down? Huge gap in the market there for anyone who wants to set up a £1660 a ticket dinner at which all the guests leave the second they arrive because they honestly had no idea what it was about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Anyone who was groping was well out of order. But i think the whole outraged reaction to the event is typically over the top. Any man who was even there is getting it in the neck. The aim among some will be to put an end to any men only events. Women of course can continue to have whatever women only events they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Hope it brings an end to the ladies night charity events as worse happens

How much worse? And where do these nights be held?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fawltyBas

Drunk toffs and businessmen grope women, makes a change from pigs (ask David Cameron)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

milehip wrote: »
    How much worse? And where do these nights be held?

Asking for a friend.

Id also like to know,

for a friend....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Madison Marriage?

It's all a computer generation i tells ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

"The worst I was told by one of the hostesses was a man taking his penis out during the course of the dinner"

So this is a crime now?

The worlds gone waaaaaay too PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Currys/PC World gone mad that you can't have an ol' grope of a woman these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sounds like very un-Presidential behavior............ oh but wait!!

Your Face wrote: »
    "The worst I was told by one of the hostesses was a man taking his penis out during the course of the dinner"

Twink would have put him straight ...
    Zip zip zip up your Mickey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The agenda with the reporting seems to be to make a point that it was a men only event but the stories are dressed up as the entire event was a sexual harassment lawsuit. So many weak, pathetic people getting outraged for the sake of being outraged; but what makes this great is that nothing will come from their crying due to the collective power of the individuals who were attending this event.

The agenda with the reporting seems to be to make a point that it was a men only event but the stories are dressed up as the entire event was a sexual harassment lawsuit. So many weak, pathetic people getting outraged for the sake of being outraged; but what makes this great is that nothing will come from their crying due to the collective power of the individuals who were attending this event.

What “makes this great” to use your words is that money or power is no longer enough to silence the truth.

Groping people is not ok and neither is whipping out your penis or vagina or breast over dinner or anywhere that it's done to intimidate.

Even though the story was about men groping waiting staff and getting their privates out during dinner at a men-only event, I knew it was the feminists fault all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

So many weak, pathetic people getting outraged for the sake of being outraged

You seem outraged at people's 'outrage for the sake of being outraged'....

on the internet...

Sure God love ye.

You seem outraged at people's 'outrage for the sake of being outraged'....

on the internet...

Sure God love ye.

Don't confuse him for a weak, pathethic person for being outraged at the outrage though, because he's a badass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

So this is a crime now?

Crime now? pretty sure getting your dick out has been a crime for some time.

Honestly who wants to see that during dinner?
    That cost you a grand, Money can't buy you class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So this is a crime now?

Why would anyone do this? It's bad enough for the staff just trying to do their job but your fellow guests eating their nosh and some yoke whips his lad out?

I think that poster is taking the mick(penis)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Well I for one am shocked at this. Didn't possibly think rich men would do such a thing. Or that beautiful women would dress up to surround themselves with rich men to make them spend more money.

Well I for one am shocked at this. Didn't possibly think rich men would do such a thing. Or that beautiful women would dress up to surround themselves with rich men to make them spend more money.

Don't be shocked, because that didn't happen.

They groped the waitresses who were just there working their jobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Candie wrote: »

Don't be shocked, because that didn't happen.

They groped the waitresses who were just there working their jobs.
    That exactly what happened. That is what happens in these sleazy clubs and meetings with the biggest winners of capitalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

but what makes this great is that nothing will come from their crying due to the collective power of the individuals who were attending this event.

Ah yes, long live the right of fat rich men to grope, assault and get their dicks out in front of young women making 15 quid an hour who’ve been silenced by an NDA and have been lined up like lambs to the slaughter for them. Rejoice! What a treat you are.

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

Any proof of this happening? No cctv or camera phones? No eye witnesses?

That exactly what happened. That is what happens in these sleazy clubs and meetings with the biggest winners of capitalism.

There were no women guests. It was a men only event. Some of the men groped the waitresses, who were not dressed up to try to get men to spend money on them, but serving food. As waitresses do when they're at work.

I've italicized the pertinent points to aid your comprehension.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Ah yes, long live the right of fat rich men to grope, assault and get their dicks out in front of young women making 15 quid an hour who’ve been silenced by an NDA and have been lined up like lambs to the slaughter for them. Rejoice! What a treat you are.

Lol an none disclose agreement for rape? Get out of it!

Advertisement