Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thyestes Day 25th

Options
  • 24-01-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Get the ball moving on a thread for the big one and in general Gowran tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Ucello Coni for me. Being following for quite a while and ran a very good race at Christmas. Being aimed at the National,

Fancy Presenting Percy to get one over on Let's Dance tomorrow too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I am all over Call the Taxie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

looks like a good card

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Monbeg Notorious catches the eye for me @ 7/1. A progressive ex P2P chaser on only his 4th start over fences. Jack Kennedy on board.

Whisperinthebreeze in the 12.50. Jessie gave it as her bumper horse for the season. 7th on debut at Leopardstown, and they've wasted no time in sending him over hurdles. Another ex Irish P2P recruit. Currently around 5/1. At bigger odds Western Victory @ 20s shouldn't be dismissed as an E/W bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Let’s Dance is 5/2 nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Wounded warrior 40/1

6th last year, 18lbs lower this year with a 7lb claimer on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Sumos novios and champagne west dutched tomorrow , like daybreak boy in the maiden hurdle , think we will see bacardys bounce back too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Slattsy wrote: »
    I am all over Call the Taxie.

this.

Alpha des Obeaux looks a great each way bet when you can write off 4 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Wounded Warrior on the snaff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Barcardys looks value at 9/2 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Will jump on the Wounded Warrior train and have a nibble on A Genie in Abottle.

PP paying 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JosephDoyleIre

Got a good word for something today if anyone wants to get in touch josephdoyleire@gmail.com.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Got a good word for something today if anyone wants to get in touch josephdoyleire@gmail.com.

Or just pop it up here :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Augusta Kate is way overpriced at 20/1 for me.

Will go with 2 e/w singles and a e/w double with Sumos Novios

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ucello conti my only bet today, have backed e/w. Can't see him out of the places.
    Has tonnes of experience in these big fields and was second to a well executed Martin plot last time and I get the impression Gordon has this down as his day despite what the jockey bookings and market might suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Pleasent Company for me, ticks all the trends, lightly raced, in form connections, 60% placed record over his career and his best performance came the one and only time todays jockey was on board, can't see him out of the first 5 tbh.

Monbeg Notorius was the other one that caught my eye, lack of experience the biggest fear in a race of this nature as they say he could be anything and has only ever once finished out of the places and that was in his bumper and even that was only a run 9 lenghts behind the highly rated Invitation only of Willie Mullins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The fav could be well in if you look at its form over 2 mile 7, 2 years ago especially given the ground is ideal. The horse has hardly any weight and you wonder if the Ucello Conte's and Champagne West's will struggle to give so much weight away. The weight Out Sam has to carry is even more offset by up and coming 16 year old James Bowen who is having some time of it lately.

However, I think Elliot may have the winner elsewhere in Ucello Conte. If there is one horse that has been handicapped by terrible jockeys in recent years, including in this race its UC. Liam McKenna is well worth his 7lb claim. A small r/f with CW as Dylan Robinson has been riding extremely well and its horses for courses....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

WPM not throwing too many darts but Pleasant Company will do for me today. Still lightly enough raced, ok handicapped and a good slog will suit fine.

STB. wrote: »
    Liam McKenna is well worth his 7lb claim.

I wouldnt say that now, he has a strike rate of less that 4% and has only ridden 9 winners from 265 rides, I know alot of those have been big prices but thats an awful strike rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bacardys NR

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    I wouldnt say that now, he has a strike rate of less that 4% and has only ridden 9 winners from 265 rides, I know alot of those have been big prices but thats an awful strike rate.

Watch him riding 2 years ago and watch him riding 2 weeks ago. He's a far improved rider to my untrained eye, certainly better balanced on his horses and generally more polished all round, i remember watching him ride Sir ector(had a good e/w bet on ) in one of them Martinstown opportunity races at Punchestown in the Spring of '15 i think it was(maybe '16) and never thought he'd make it. Watching him ride for Elliott the past few months and i think the complete opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Monotomic in the 12.50. I have a good e/w bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

danganabu wrote: »

Must be difficult when you've Davy Russell, Jack Kennedy, Jamie Codd & Lisa O Neill etc ahead of you. You know you'll be on the third or fourth strings.

In this case though his 7lb claim might be to his advantage. He was second on UC at Christmas and Simon Munir was keen to have him ride it again given the significant weight UC has to carry.

He does ride the outsiders but I get your point about strike rate if you know what I mean Harry.

Watch him riding 2 years ago and watch him riding 2 weeks ago. He's a far improved rider to my untrained eye, certainly better balanced on his horses and generally more polished all round, i remember watching him ride Sir ector(had a good e/w bet on ) in one of them Martinstown opportunity races at Punchestown in the Spring of '15 i think it was(maybe '16) and never thought he'd make it. Watching him ride for Elliott the past few months and i think the complete opposite.

Haven't seen it myself to be honest, was in Thurles last Sunday and didnt see any noticable improvement, it's over 12 months since he rode a winner and nearly 3 years since his one and only chase winner.

Don't mean to sound like I'm knocking the lad and I'm sure under GE he has improved but its a stretch to say he 'is well worth'' his claim, he has had it for over five years for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Going with peculiar genius in the next, and maybe a genie in a bottle in the thyestes, think it'll like the heavy ground

That ground looks desperate

The Attheraces camera crew must've been out for a few bottles of wine last night. I was looking forward to feet up and watching the racing on my day off but it's hard work to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Luckyinmilan EW in the next four me. Loves the heavy.
    3:00. Monbeg notorious and sumos novis ew.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Goaheadmakemyday in the next

• Advertisement

Will throw a tenner ew on monbeg notorious in the thyestes to

Advertisement