Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School pupils will be expelled for having boyfriends and girlfriends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Bitter because the school girls wouldnt go out with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sad arse..

He also seems to not understand kids - tell them not to do something and they'll do their best to do the exact opposite

what a pillock

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

as a father of a teenage girl this is a welcome development

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Good grief, a pillock. Reminds me of the school head nun who used to go down the street hunting couples, out of doorways. Where does she think they went, the stupid cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I honestly thought this was that religious nutjob who denied a secondary school place to a teenage mother in Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

we should also introduce religious controls into our educational system, all pupils will be deemed sinners and will be terrified to step out of line!

And the poor eegit hasn't started to get his head around, same sex relationships, transgender toilets etc.
    Real fun to be married to. I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Great idea....lets make sure that kids whose hormones are just kicking in have no outlet for these hormones whatsoever and no support with all the things they are now dealing with.

This is a great way to make sure that students just get better at hiding things and won't come looking for help if they need any

How do tools, like this, end up with the gig? Usually chosen by a few gombeens on the BOM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Water John wrote: »
    How do tools, like this, end up with the gig? Usually chosen by a few gombeens on the BOM.

It's a posh, private school in North Wales. It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't people pushing this behind the scenes. It's in the perfect place for these sorts of opinions.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Gotta love random ad placement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Feck I’d of been expelled anyway I’d several girlfriends in secondary school ah the bike shead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

sjb25 wrote: »
    Feck I’d of been expelled anyway I’d several girlfriends in secondary school ah the bike shead ;)

Pam and her 5 sisters dont count

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Pam and her 5 sisters dont count

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

'Wales' well there's your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

When I was in school girls who ended up pregnant were immediately told to stay at home and had their class work sent home to them for the duration of the pregnancy.

This was to hide them away from the other pure students, in case they got any wild ideas.

Mad when you think about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

What a plank.

I cant have been the only teenage boy who constantly had fanny on the brain when he was 16 and 17, so to speak.

Personally, I'd be more worried if teenagers weren't trying to rip each others knickers off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

'Wales' well there's your problem.

Yeah. He really needs to take up sheep farming

It's very common for schools in China to do this with the expectation that students without bf/gf will study better.

Absolutely nuts for it to happen in Europe though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I strongly disapprove of any boyfriend/girlfriend relationships - and it will always affect any university reference I write

Oh jayzus, someone better explain to him that boy/boy and girl/girl relationships are also not beyond the realms of possibility.

Might want to have the defib on standby though.

What a complete idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

He's about 40 years too late with the idea. What a morally upright person he is.

Must be some sort of religious fanatic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Considering they charge 40k a year for students it would probably be more in with their bottom line if they charged an extra 10k per year for students who want to have boyfriends/girlfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What if you're not boyfriend/girlfriend, but just casually riding?

I'm guessing if parents are spending £34,500 a year on fees for a secondary school, they'll probably have the funds to sue the **** out of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

How can it be in any way legal to expel students because they went to the park, or had a takeaway, never even mind dating.

There is no way they can legally enforce policies like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Skatedude wrote: »
    How can it be in any way legal to expel students because they went to the park, or had a takeaway, never even mind dating.

There is no way they can legally enforce policies like this.

There isn't any legal impediment to stop the school from implementing any of the above policies. As was mentioned already, this is a private school where the parents are paying €40k a year for their children's education and policies like these are more often pushed by the parents themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

He seems to be saying that he's against pupils having relationships with other pupils in the same school. I wonder what action he would take if any if one of his pupils were in a relationship with someone outside of the school. Surely he has no say in what his pupils do outside of school hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They are lots of school rules you can get expelled for breaking. You only get expelled if you get caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Stupid rule and a gobsh**e of a principal, his ban just makes dating someone 20 times more exciting n will definitely lead to distraction from schoolwork

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Good luck trying to enforce that. Dating relationships are normally for teenagers and can be good for them. Trying to suppress the natural instincts of teens will never work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

What struck me was the bit about him saying that it will impact the written reference he gives students. 3rd level places being offered on the basis of references is nuts.

Advertisement