Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jordan Peterson interview on C4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Gynoid wrote: »
    Sorry, your fake and repeated expressions of shock and confusion are highly unconvincing. Rapid "affirmation" of gender identity in children has been vigorously pursued by trans lobbyists and gender clinics have fallen in line globally. Affirmation uses blockers first which halt maturation of gametes and sexual organs and thereafter cross sex hormones which causes sterility and in most cases impotency. Further surgery removes functioning sexual organs and attempts to replace them with organs which are generally faulty. This is pursued from childhood, from the age of 8 in many cases, with use of chemicals, and with removal of primary sexual organs happening from 16, and secondary sexual characteristics like breasts being removed from aged 12.

Quit the faux outrage.

I just tend to use the trans people i know as a guide rather than imagine its tin foil hat time.

Does it bother anyone that East Asians have higher IQs than Caucasians. As a Caucasian it doesn't bother me one iota, You would have to be very insecure to be bothered by such things.
    We Jews have higher IQs than either of you :P

"Peterson has no previous discipline findings, and no restrictions on his practice, through which he is authorized to provide clinical psychological services to adults in Ontario"

The underlined bit would cover your court case, and the article makes no mention of any licences being revoked. There wasn't even a discipline hearing. Your claims of him being legally dubious, or legally shown not to be an expert, are worthless.

Funny that you would provide an article that invalidates your claims. :pac:

Yeah well he won't be doing that soon he can't walk or talk ..and is brain damaged from that coma in russia that was such a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I enjoy watching Jordan Peterson's videos, he's a very intelligent man with a lot of insight to offer.

This may blow some people's minds but I consider myself left wing socially.

I think think he is an intelligent man as well and I enjoyed a lot of his videos, particularly on the use of personal pronouns and gender politics, I think he makes some very good points in thosr areas.

But I also I think he's very weak on some subjects (such as religion) and does his best to convolute and obscure any topic he's uncomfortable with.

A lot of his poor answers start with the line "well what do you mean by x".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

It should be easy enough to get a sense of his expertise of lack of based on the number of peer reviewed articles he has written. What exactly is contribution to his field? What was his doctoral research on?

• Advertisement

He just wants to eliminate social science depts in Universities. All these universities are indoctrinating people!

Peterson isn't willing to do the research, publishing and citings that these depts have to do tho..funny

Yeah well he won't be doing that soon he can't walk or talk ..and is brain damaged from that coma in russia that was such a good idea.

I'm guessing you didn't bother reading the national post article that your link was based on. It gave the reasons for going to Russia, and why they didn't want further treatments in the US. i.e. the pushing of other drugs.

And he is apparently making a recovery. Smiling, and joking a bit. Some neurological damage, but no specifics on severity, although his recovery will take time. You seem to be getting a perverse joy in pushing the negative aspect of his condition. Saying he has brain damage is a rather strong remark without any details on his actual condition.

He just wants to eliminate social science depts in Universities. All these universities are indoctrinating people!

I do cringe when some of these people start talking about the Frankfurt School or "Cultural Marxism".

I'm guessing you didn't bother reading the national post article that your link was based on. It gave the reasons for going to Russia, and why they didn't want further treatments in the US. i.e. the pushing of other drugs.

And he is apparently making a recovery. Smiling, and joking a bit. Some neurological damage, but no specifics on severity, although his recovery will take time. You seem to be getting a perverse joy in pushing the negative aspect of his condition. Saying he has brain damage is a rather strong remark without any details on his actual condition.

Neurological damage is definitely confirmed. It sounds like his family brought him to a Russian quack.

Normal Doctors will use a librium taper. But you still 'kick'.

His family seem more concerned about his reputation than him. His daughter seems more slimy than him.

Lets be honest it wasn't just benzos.

Lets be honest it wasn't just benzos.

Lets be honest, and admit that you don't have a clue what's really going on. You're jumping to conclusions all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Its just been reported Jordan Peterson is now neurologically damaged from the induced coma and cannot talk walk unaided or type. https://www.dailywire.com/news/jordan-peterson-almost-died-in-induced-coma-during-withdrawal-from-anxiety-drug-daughter-says

They say he almost died in that coma ..in russia.

You sound celebratory, gleeful even. It is quite ugly to observe.

Lets be honest, and admit that you don't have a clue what's really going on. You're jumping to conclusions all over the place.

I am bang on the money and we all know it.
    His daughter has reported he has neurological damage.

I am bang on the money and we all know it.
    His daughter has reported he has neurological damage.

neurological damage... yup. And you have absolutely no idea of the severity. It could be slight damage or something more serious. You. Have. No. Bloody. Idea.

You're jumping up and down claiming that you're right about your claims, with no evidence to back them up. Just as you had no way of proving that legally he was proven not to be an expert. You keep making statements about him, as if they're completely true and can't be denied, but they're based on nothing substantial.

You sound celebratory, gleeful even. It is quite ugly to observe.

Like you care about addicts. You and all his fans are so hypocritical.

If this was a poor black heroin addict you would be saying he did it to himself.

Peterson and his family are ugly to observe.

neurological damage... yup. And you have absolutely no idea of the severity. It could be slight damage or something more serious. You. Have. No. Bloody. Idea.

You're jumping up and down claiming that you're right about your claims, with no evidence to back them up. Just as you had no way of proving that legally he was proven not to be an expert. You keep making statements about him, as if they're completely true and can't be denied, but they're based on nothing substantial.

Wow ...are you having a meltdown?

He's loser. You were wrong to believe anything he said. And you were wrong to put faith in his character or believe anything about him.

Its all lies.

Wow ...are you having a meltdown?

Nope. Perfectly fine. A little frustrated with your sensationalism, but.. hey.. it tends to happen with posters like yourself. I guess I'm a little out of practice dealing with it.

Nope. Perfectly fine. A little frustrated with your sensationalism, but.. hey.. it tends to happen with posters like yourself. I guess I'm a little out of practice dealing with it.
    yeah sure

He's loser. You were wrong to believe anything he said. And you were wrong to put faith in his character or believe anything about him.

Its all lies.

And you are wrong to believe that I've said that I believed anything he said, or that I put any faith in his character or believe anything about him.

Because I haven't said any such thing. You do have a habit of assuming things about posters.

I'm well educated, experienced, and I'm fully capable of thinking for myself. Don't need JP to do that for me. I do, however, agree with many (not all) of his statements regarding coercion of speech, the salary gap, and feminism....

As for it all being lies... nah. I'm sure there are inaccuracies, and outright mistakes. I'm sure he's biased on certain issues. But then who isn't these days? It's also hard to know what is the truth considering the amount of misinformation, and dodgy biased research that has come out of the US over the last 2-3 decades. So.. nope. Not buying into your perception of the world, any more than I would buy into JP's.

And you are wrong to believe that I've said that I believed anything he said, or that I put any faith in his character or believe anything about him.

Because I haven't said any such thing. You do have a habit of assuming things about posters.

I'm well educated, experienced, and I'm fully capable of thinking for myself. Don't need JP to do that for me. I do, however, agree with many (not all) of his statements regarding coercion of speech, the salary gap, and feminism....

As for it all being lies... nah. I'm sure there are inaccuracies, and outright mistakes. I'm sure he's biased on certain issues. But then who isn't these days? It's also hard to know what is the truth considering the amount of misinformation, and dodgy biased research that has come out of the US over the last 2-3 decades. So.. nope. Not buying into your perception of the world, any more than I would buy into JP's.

You have just contradicted yourself.

Well all i will say is this. If the answer to addiction was to send our junkies to russia ....every rock star would be doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Like you care about addicts. You and all his fans are so hypocritical.

If this was a poor black heroin addict you would be saying he did it to himself.

Peterson and his family are ugly to observe.

Ugh. Im going to stop engaging with you now as it is unpleasant. And encourages bad behaviour in you.

I am not a fan of his. But I am or try to be humane. No matter who I heard about having a really bad time I would feel sorry for them. I do not judge people by their helpless characteristics like skin pigmentation, height, sexual preference etc. How can one? But people's optional characteristics like shouty schadenfreude or such, yep, I think they are open to judgement. Even so one hopes people expressing sentiments like that would recover from such addictions.

• Advertisement

Ugh. Im going to stop engaging with you now as it is unpleasant. And encourages bad behaviour in you.

I am not a fan of his. But I am or try to be humane. No matter who I heard about having a really bad time I would feel sorry for them. I do not judge people by their helpless characteristics like skin pigmentation, height, sexual preference etc. How can one? But people's optional characteristics like shouty schadenfreude or such, yep, I think they are open to judgement. Even so one hopes people expressing sentiments like that would recover from such addictions.

Oh please the man is vile.

Stop being so fake. You just went on a transphobic rant like two mins ago.

He's a junkie! If he were a junkie in the streets you would call him scum and you know it. All his followers would.

Now he and his family have made some terrible life decisions and still his followers act like his every choice is sane.

We can scrutinize people that have been held up by some to be role models. People that have lectured others on addiction.

Oh and I am stopping this convo too. Not because i am this super high up nice person ( i can be a bitch sometimes ) but because its boring and it can go on and on. It just takes up time. Time i dont have.

This idea Peterson was some high up moral hero ...like the ubermensch ....well he is a normal ****ed up human.

You have just contradicted yourself.

Where?
    Well all i will say is this. If the answer to addiction was to send our junkies to russia ....every rock star would be doing it.

Perhaps they will in the future.

"Only a small number of programs have any kind of data that definitively state their effectiveness. The kind of facilities mentioned by the Washington Post do not usually allow outside researchers to conduct studies or analyze patient completion, follow-up stats, or relapse rates. Since facilities are privately owned (TIME writes that as of 2013, “anyone can open a rehab program,” without need of licensing or accreditation), there is no standard guideline to evaluate success; each center has its own philosophy, so much so that the chief executive of a nonprofit organization tells the Times that the model of addiction treatment in America resembles a washing machine. “The system doesn’t work well,” he says, for this often “chronic, recurring problem.”"

Perhaps the Russian way will become more effective than the US methods over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,078 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Really sad Peterson couldn't ask for compassion for himself.

Maybe he looked at the company he was keeping and couldn't see it coming from them.....so he thought we were all like that.

I doubt the people who watch his videos would be so forgiving to a 'junkie' on the street.
    Absolutely not as forgiving as a poor drug addict. One poster a few page ago said they see him as worthy of different treatment than someone addicted to heroin or meth. But a nice middle class drug addict is getting lots of compassion and well wishes in this thread (as should be due to any drug addict in my opinion)

An interesting point is that lots of people in the US are now heroin addicts because they became addicted to prescription opioids and their health insurance stops covering the drugs so they go out and use Street opioids and become Street junkies. Genuinely interesting to see people treat the middle class drug addicts with compassion and openly say they don't have compassion for other drug addicts.

This is your problem, you project into people who agree with Jordan Peterson your imagined motivations.

Ah, 'tis yourself. My personal rereg troll. My most devoted fan lol.

I mean so what if he won't call a transgender person some silly made up pronoun, why does it bother you so much?

My understanding is that he is happy to use people's preferred pronouns in civil conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Why do 'progressive' people seethe with rage over Jordan Peterson so much?

I mean so what if he won't call a transgender person some silly made up pronoun, why does it bother you so much?

Funny, even you got it wrong. He never said he wouldn't use gender pronouns. His stance was against the goverment mandating speech. Totally different.

But most people offended took it as your explaination.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

My understanding is that he is happy to use people's preferred pronouns in civil conversations.

A lot of his acolytes tend not to understand that however.

Tony EH wrote: »
    A lot of his acolytes tend not to understand that however.

Everyone got what they wanted from it. He got on fox news and other outlets to sell his wares to his American conservative audience. The conservative audience got a clever sounding guy giving clever sounding reasons to back up the prejudice they already held. Everyone's a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Oh please the man is vile.

The mask slips, and seething animosity reveals itself.

I had a feeling earlier that your stance had nothing to do with interpreting Kant or disputing the origins of postmodern thought.

It's quite simple: Your stance on Peterson is ultimately an extended ad hominem. Anything he does or says, you have to find some way to discredit it.

Advertisement