Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,940 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

not yet wrote: »
    That's your problem right there. White people get treated 'badly' in Africa so it's ok to be racist here.

Do they though?

I mean we seem to be basing that on one anecdote that probably didn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is it racist to be disappointed that the new Irish are acting like this in our country?
    It doesn’t help the decent African community either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it racist to be disappointed that the new Irish are acting like this in our country?

They not really Irish though are they?

Just got a citizenship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

No Blacks

No Dogs

No Irish

How quickly we forget

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

bigpink wrote: »

Exactly. Flippancy will have consequences. How the state handles such things at the outset has potentially longer term consequences. Must get this right and send out the clear message: not acceptable here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

squawker wrote: »
    No Blacks

No Dogs

No Irish

How quickly we forget

How quickly we roll out cliches too.
    There's serious crime/violence problems with blacks in America, so were they wrong?

Although they brought that upon themselves with the history of slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

declan2693 wrote: »

Just got a citizenship.

As Irish as Bundee Aki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

exactly they don’t hold back there. Friend of mine was called Every name under the sun on a recent stopover in Lagos.

He said it was shocking. From the taxi men at the airport to the restaurant and jostling and general aggression from randomers in the street there was a lot of hostility and insults often in pidgin English.

Said it was a level worse than anything you would get in Europe.

He sounds like a right arse. Was he hurling abuse or just flicking V's at everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just got a citizenship.

Anyone called Fitzgerald is as Irish as can be in my book, despite coming from immigrants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

MrFresh wrote: »
    Exactly, so if it is so bad, why would it be ok here on the other side? The posters argument is basically, "white people get treated badly in Africa so it's ok to be racist here,"

That wasn't really my point, I'd expect to be referred to as a white man in Lagos the capital of a predominantly black country, I wouldn't cry racism like the taxi driver did in the video. There was no racism in that video. In fact the only person in the video that came close to being racist was the taxi driver himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I advise listening to Niall Boylan if you want honesty from our radio presenters.

Just said there he spoke out and congratulated the gards for stopping a bus yesterday and detaining to African men who had no i.d.

A complaint has been put in against him by the immigration council of Ireland and they asked him to take down his tweet.

Well he just let rip at them there and told it unlike anyone else has the balls too.

Only one worth listening too on radio.

The gardai were doing this 15 years ago and probably even longer. They stop buses near Dundalk and are mainly looking for people on UK work permits who don't have any right to enter.

Didn't have twitter 15 years ago. Not sure did we even have boards :pac:

It's nothing new anyway. Not sure what the complainer is getting outraged over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Amazing how stale MrFresh has become in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

mikemac2 wrote: »
    It's nothing new anyway. Not sure what the complainer is getting outraged over

i guess when the same rules are applied to a person of color its racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

See...

That's your problem right there. White people get treated 'badly' in Africa so it's ok to be racist here.

Why not call it as it fcuking is, If it's racism here, it's racism there. You can stick one rule for them etc up your hoop..

Sure, call it whatever, the point still stands. If you are the victim of racism in another country it doesn't justify being racist in your own.

Jaysus corner of hells made a witty remark, I didn't see any malice in it. It could have been a plantain for christsakes. Or a misshapen carrot for that matter, in which case he'd be accused of being racist against himself. Don't beat me master... I won't run again. That's an example of a comment a racist might make, not a joke about some prick waving a poxy banana/plantain/carrot/leek around the place like a spa.

That's a pretty poor attempt at defending racism. He knew he was being racist, that's why he expected a ban. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous in the extreme.

Just got a citizenship.

How do you know?

That wasn't really my point, I'd expect to be referred to as a white man in Lagos the capital of a predominantly black country, I wouldn't cry racism like the taxi driver did in the video. There was no racism in that video. In fact the only person in the video that came close to being racist was the taxi driver himself.

You have no issue with being called a white man because you haven't had your race used against you for your whole life. A person who has had their race used against them would obviously have an issue with someone reducing them to the colour of their skin. I don't think this is a difficult concept to grasp.
    Yamanoto wrote: »

Sorry to interrupt the circeljerk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Yamanoto wrote: »
    What's amazing is how posters like him and the other pro-censorship posters on this thread have the proclivity of using sexual innuendo in their retorts. It's like they can't stop themselves. Wonder what his previous boards username was. They also seem always angry ..... even with the constant use of LOL's and emojis in their posts.

Kivaro wrote: »
    What's amazing is how posters like him and the other pro-censorship posters on this thread have the proclivity of using sexual innuendo in their retorts. It's like they can't stop themselves. Wonder what his previous boards username was. They also seem always angry ..... even with the constant use of LOL's and emojis in their posts.

Can you point to the post you are referring to where I used a sexual innuendo retort, a LoL or an emoji? I don't think I've done any of those things other than the use of the word circljerk. I certainly haven't shown a proclivity towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can you point to the post you are referring to where I used a sexual innuendo retort, a LoL or an emoji? I don't think I've done any of those things other than the use of the word circljerk. I certainly haven't shown a proclivity towards them.

eggplanthand.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sure, call it whatever, the point still stands. If you are the victim of racism in another country it doesn't justify being racist in your own.

You seem to have missed my point.

In your opinion a white guy being abused in Lagos is being treated 'badly', a black guy ( can I use that term without offending anyone?) being abused here and it's all out, screaming racism..

You seem to have missed my point.

In your opinion a white guy being abused in Lagos is being treated 'badly', a black guy ( can I use that term without offending anyone?) being abused here and it's all out, screaming racism..

But the poster didn't specify racial abuse in Lagos. He said his friend was called every name under the sun. But if it puts your mind at ease, I don't think racism is limited to any particular race. Anyone of any race can be racist towards any race and it's equally as wrong.

But the poster didn't specify racial abuse in Lagos. He said his friend was called every name under the sun. But if it puts your mind at ease, I don't think racism is limited to any particular race. Anyone of any race can be racist towards any race and it's equally as wrong.

Apparently way its worse if your white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

highdef wrote: »
    Before a Mod comes along and accuses you of being a racist, can you elaborate on the facts you claim that you are privy to?

Racist ? How I’m racist, stating what I have seen and witnessed which is fact so that’s how I’m privy it’s not hearsay I’m talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

leestone wrote: »
    Racist ? How I’m racist, stating what I have seen and witnessed which is fact so that’s how I’m privy it’s not hearsay I’m talking about.

Do you not know how this works by now..?

You post anything remotely questioning people of colour and you're a racist, simple really, try stick to the rules.:D

Do you not know how this works by now..?

You post anything remotely questioning people of colour and you're a racist, simple really, try stick to the rules.:D

It's sad that you guys have to invent a victimhood for yourself.

It's sad that you guys have to invent a victimhood for yourself.

Oh the irony of this post.

Oh the irony of this post.

I forgot, you think racism is imaginary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

There's been a fatal shooting in Mulhuddart? Strange my phone apps aren't alerting on it. Having heard the gunfire from one of the feud shootings myself in 2016 it was on the news within 15 minutes.

7:54 is over 20 minutes ago. I'm not buying it unless our journalists are all out on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Nothing online yet about this, is this legit?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Stabbing one dead one arrested house in castlecurragh mulhuddart.family incident noting to do with fued

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement