Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday / Sunday : snow-Ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Increasingly sleet in last hour in North Dublin.

Within half a degree of all out snow.

North County Dublin. Just south of Balbriggan.
    Persistent heavy rain.
    Lots of rain running down the gutters!
    Quite mild as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

There must be a seriously sharp temperature gradient in place. 40km inland on the Meath/Kildare border, it's 2.2c and moderate rain. Quite windy too, windier than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Light rain in navan, hope its still snowing at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Some wet flakes now.

Impressive considering a slightly nagging north east breeze!

Finglas

Just rain here all morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was snowing when I woke up, then sleet and now rain. Some slush on the car windows.

Only 1C here, this was so close to being a snow event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Near lolie then
    Very wet in Arklow and 4c
    Looks like wet all day if what’s on the radar is to slide southeast

Front has certainly moved a lot further north than thought initially

Judging from some of his posts I'd say he's a good 25 mile from here so not that close either.
    It's annoying the the mobile and touch site don't show the locations.
    That snow earlier turned to sleety rain and died out but it has started snowing again, not sticking though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

turning back towards snow here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »

Just can't make up its mind lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »

And yet not a million miles from you, on the Meath/Kildare border, it's been rain only. Was 2.2c an hour ago. It's risen a half degree since then, currently at 2.7c. What's your temperature, Gonzo?

highdef wrote: »
    And yet not a million miles from you, on the Meath/Kildare border, it's been rain only. Was 2.2c an hour ago. It's risen a half degree since then, currently at 2.7c. What's your temperature, Gonzo?

it's close to 2C. Still sleet here with some large flakes mixed in.

Double figures across much of the south and south-west of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

8c in Wexford town
    4 c Arklow
    2.7c bray

30 miles between each of those towns

Flat calm here in Arklow and raining
    Not a leaf moving

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ex-snow falling here in Dublin 16. A sleety/splodgy element to the rain (can see splodges on Velux). 3.6c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11am.
    Huge range in temperature from south to north:

Sherkin 12 degrees
    Knock 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

11am.
    Huge range in temperature from south to north:

Sherkin 12 degrees
    Knock 0

Rotten wet day here in Arklow as I said and the presenter on Beat 102 radio says ‘ nice day across the region blue skies sun shining’ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

And just down the road from you in Maynooth it was sleeting when I left a while ago, some big wet flakes splattering on the windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

I love snow as much as anyone but I'd take the blue skies and sun over what's falling here now.

front starting to clear here now, just light rain on the backedge. Still bitterly cold tho. Heat on full throughout the house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal
    A band of heavy rain will move up from the south on Saturday night. The rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it encounters the cold air with temporary accumulations possible. Snowfall accumulations will be highest in upland parts of Donegal. Any snow will turn back to rain later on Sunday morning as much milder air extends from the south.

Issued:Saturday 20 January 2018 11:00
    Valid:Saturday 20 January 2018 23:00 to Sunday 21 January 2018 08:00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Heading from Letterkenny to Belfast today anyone know what Glenshane Pass is like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

dinorebel wrote: »
    Heading from Letterkenny to Belfast today anyone know what Glenshane Pass is like today.

Surface temp +2.8
    http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp

no issues here http://trafficwatchni.com/traffic-news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Freezing hard here in Donegal, tonight should be interesting with the precipitation coming in. There is still some snow and hail patches lying at lower levels, Still tonnes of it up in the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

full snowcover here since tuesday. froze solid now and should be a bit more tonight before the dreaded thaw.

no frost here, just foggy and temperature of 1C. Highest temperature here today was 3C. Tomorrow will feel almost tropical could reach 13C at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Radar showing ghost precipation at my location for the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snowing here again.

S. E. Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowing here again.

S. E. Sligo.

Good news 😂

no good news from me I'm afraid. Feeling mild and 2C, Solid rain here and the start of the Mild Muck Invasion, not a hint of sleet in that rain.Temps will climb throughout the night.

but no more than 35km north and it's white gold... but that won't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

UKMO aviation chart for 0600Z.

Isolated moderate snow/freezing fog from 0800Z in Area B1.

439310.gif

12Z chart
    439311.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not a drop of rain here despite what ME's radar is showing, still feeling chilly outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Must be evaporating into the dry air at surface.

Advertisement