Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 34 Thread (Contains Spoilers) *No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The way things are do they really want to end another Mania would Reigns getting booed out of the building, so it's at the very least worth considering.

Then again, Rousey closing could be potentially disastrous so maybe not. :pac:

The way things are do they really want to end another Mania with Reigns getting booed out of the building, so it's at the very least worth considering.

Then again, Rousey closing could be potentially disastrous so maybe not. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Meltzer, this is what the card currently looks like...

1) Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for Universal championship

2) AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for WWE championship

3) John Cena vs Undertaker

4) Rock/ Rousey vs Triple H/ Stephanie

5) Miz vs Strowman for IC title

6) Charlotte vs Asuka for Smackdown women's championship

7/ Alexa bliss vs Nia Jax for Raw women's championship

8) Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not good for the Irish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote:
    4) Rock/ Rousey vs Triple H/ Stephanie

Interesting. I was reading Rock isn't able to compete currently due to insurance reasons so the substitute was Braun.

Either match I'd be fine with. Strowman vs Miz is ok too though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necrominus wrote: »
    Interesting. I was reading Rock isn't able to compete currently due to insurance reasons so the substitute was Braun.

Think the plan is Braun and Rousey vs. Steph and HHH. And Miz and Finn for the IC title.

Rock is definitely unavailable in terms of insurance to step back in the ring. Other than a promo/segment.

Big Dave is just doing what he does best. Guess with all of the information laid out infront of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

big dave hasnt been the best with the scoops as of late so ill have to take with a pinch of salt

Would be amazed if Rock was involved but Rock/Rousey v Triple H/Steph would be best all round for the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »
    Necrominus wrote: »

Think the plan is Braun and Rousey vs. Steph and HHH. And Miz and Finn for the IC title.

Rock is definitely unavailable in terms of insurance to step back in the ring. Other than a promo/segment.

Big Dave is just doing what he does best. Guess with all of the information laid out infront of him.
    So basically throwing enough **** at the wall and seeing what sticks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan

preshow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cena could possibly get so frustrated that he won't be main eventing mania (wont win the EC match) he could plead with Taker for a match and put his career (Cena) on the line too

they could also do Samoa Joe vs Cena at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Man, there is so much talent on the main roster that is not named in that Meltzer card. There was 10 matches on the main card last year, plus 3 on the pre-show, so there's room for a few more.

You've got the likes of Owens, Zayn, Orton, Rusev, Roode, Shane, Corbin, Usos, New Day, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Finn, Sheamus, Cesaro, Joe, Elias and Bray, most of whom deserve a spot on the card. I think Owens/Zayn vs Usos could be a fun feud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    You've got the likes of Owens, Zayn, Orton, Rusev, Roode, Shane, Corbin, Usos, New Day, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Finn, Sheamus, Cesaro, Joe, Elias and Bray, most of whom deserve a spot on the card. I think Owens/Zayn vs Usos could be a fun feud.

Given their current storyline it might actually be their best chance to get on the card too as surely after Fastlane AJ will focus on Nakamura, weve seen Owens vs Shane (in the biggest stip match they could have) and even if D.Bryan came back it's be against Shane (given current booking) not them anyway.

Similarily The Usos have faced The New Day so much that now having definitively defeated Gable&Benjamin they will need a new high profile team to face if they are not to be on the pre show at best (vs Rusev Day or Bludgeon Brothers).

Owens & Zayn vs The Usos for the tag belts would be my guess anyway for Mania.

Let's see if I can out do Melty... I mean my sources have led me to believe that this is the current card for Mania
    Universal Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

WWE Title match: AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura

SD Tag team title match: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs Jimmy & Jey Uso

Retirement match: The Undertaker vs John Cena

IC Title match: The Miz w/The Miztourage vs Finn Balor w/The Club

Mainstream match: HHH & Steph vs Rona Rousey & Braun Strowman

SD Womens title match: Asuka vs Charlotte

Raw Womans Match: Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

Opener: Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan w/Kurt Angle

Pre Show main event: The Andre The Giant Battle Royal
    Cruiserweight championship tournament final

My sources are telling me that all 3 members of the New day will be in the ATGBR and that the current plan is for Big E to win that but that is subject to change and a Big E singles push is often talked of for sometime down the line.

Similarily I have heard that the company want to find a prominent position on the card for Samoa Joe to return to but it may have to be a pre show match.

The current plan in case of injuries is that Brauns place on the card could change and Kurt Angle could be elevated into his position for the mainstream tag match a spot originally earmarked for The Rock.

There could also be some NXT talent called up early if needs must with AOP currently earmarked for a post mania debut could be called up early to replace KO/Zayn for example if injury strikes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bounty Hunter I would like to subscribe to your newsletter :pac:

Bounty Hunter I would like to subscribe to your newsletter :pac:

I believe in my sources but be warned they are terrible spellers, who is Rona Rousey?! :pac:

given
    they deleted the undertakers scene where he reflected on his carear in WWE 24 wrestlemania orland

are we almost guaranteed were getting 1 more match or hes going in the HOF this year and offically calling it a day there ??

I never thought I wouldn't want Taker to have another match cos I thought he would bow out at the right time. Maybe part of it is also that I could see it being Finn Vs Cena at mania if Cena does not face Taker and given the rumble elimination and loss on Raw I could imagine Demon Balor going over at Mania and that would be huge for him and for the club.

I never thought I wouldn't want Taker to have another match cos I thought he would bow out at the right time. Maybe part of it is also that I could see it being Finn Vs Cena at mania if Cena does not face Taker and given the rumble elimination and loss on Raw I could imagine Demon Balor going over at Mania and that would be huge for him and for the club.

Given it a few weeks to see

I'd love Cena vs Taker but also love demon Balor vs Cena

Cena vs Elias at mania would be meh and way below Cena but in fairness Cena needs a good kick up the arse he's been so lazy and arrogant the last few stints in wwe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Demon Balor V Taker anyone? With The Demon going over of course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So will the Women main event and close the show so Steph can have Her revolution.

I imagine if Cena and Taker does happen that will close the show.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Demon Balor V Taker anyone? With The Demon going over of course!

I really hope we don’t see taker at all. His match last year was dismal.

I really hope we don’t see taker at all. His match last year was dismal.

Yeah he's done enough for the business of pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Lesnar's contract up after this WM?

Dana is talking about him returning for another fight.

Is Lesnar's contract up after this WM?

Dana is talking about him returning for another fight.

Contract up in August. He will either leave completely and go back to UFC for a fight against Jones or sign new contract and then take time off for a big money fight in UFC similar to what he did for ufc 200.

I honestly hope he goes. Suplex city is done. Time for a full time champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea i hope brock is done after mania ive just no interest in him whatsoever

sky88 wrote: »
    Yea i hope brock is done after mania ive just no interest in him whatsoever

Yeah I must admit the shine has gone off brock for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I must admit the shine has gone off brock for me.

I think they missed a trick by not having him face Balor at Royal Rumble, or at some stage over the last 6 months. It looked like they might go down that route, and it would have been a nice change of pace. The mini-feud with AJ Styles aside, he's faced Braun, Kane, Joe and Goldberg in the last year, with Roman next up. Change it up a little bit.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I think they missed a trick by not having him face Balor at Royal Rumble, or at some stage over the last 6 months. It looked like they might go down that route, and it would have been a nice change of pace. The mini-feud with AJ Styles aside, he's faced Braun, Kane, Joe and Goldberg in the last year, with Roman next up. Change it up a little bit.

Completely agree. Brock makes for the perfect David versus Goliath match up. Have him under estimate Finn and almost get caught out would have been perfect storytelling.

Then again Kane did need a push in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I really hope Reigns isn't in the main event again. Why not do something that the fans actually want to see?

Advertisement