Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any love for vegetarian pizzas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

+1 to vegan pizza not counting as pizza and should have its own name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

FC7YEEFHNM4CID8.MEDIUM.jpg
    +1 to vegan pizza not counting as pizza and should have its own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pizza is pizza to me, the only thing I wouldn't put on a pizza is any sort of fish or pineapple, everything else is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Vegetarian set menu type pizzas are always terrible. They usually have some combination of sweet corn, pineapple, spinach or goat's cheese. It's as if the chef thinks "it's not meat so stick it on the veggie pizza." I usually build my own from a magherita base with onion, jalapeno, chilies, mushroom and a garlic drizzle.
    Done properly, a spinach, goat's cheese and caramelised onion pizza is fcking incredible. Milano's do one and it's amazing.

But I agree that just throwing a salad onto a pizza doesn't make it a good veggie pizza.

Anyway, if anyone is eating veggie pizza and calling themselves "healthier", you're fooling yourself. All of the calories and fat are in the base and the cheese. Meat pizzas usually contain very little actual meat, less than a steak or a burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Pizza is pizza to me, the only thing I wouldn't put on a pizza is any sort of fish or pineapple, everything else is fair game.

No Anchovies? You monster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

stimpson wrote: »
    No Anchovies? You monster!

I'd rather starve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The food technologist are making great strides with the cheese from nut 'milks' so why not, is that the sticky bit with a vegan pizza. Quorn salami and chorizo that are as good as the real thing are nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

mariaalice wrote: »
    The food technologist are making great strides with the cheese from nut 'milks' so why not, is that the sticky bit with a vegan pizza. Quorn salami and chorizo that are as good as the real thing are nearly there.

My missus is a veggie and I'm a hoor for Chorizo. The Quorn thing is an abomination and nowhere near the real deal. It's only an acceptable substitute if you haven't eaten meat in 20 years and you're excited that there is something slightly less boring than standard Quorn sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

mariaalice wrote: »

You can get vegan pizza now from my local takeaway. The only difference is they use vegan cheese. Has a nuttier taste but otherwise no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Never eat frozen pizza. Vile.

Either eat home made, they are very easy to make. or genuine Italian style ones with thin base in a restaurante.

Vegetarian is fine but I do like meat . Especially a nice fresh Pizza Diavola.

Chicken should not be anywhere near a pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

eviltwin wrote: »
    You can get vegan pizza now from my local takeaway. The only difference is they use vegan cheese. Has a nuttier taste but otherwise no difference.

imposibru.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

eviltwin wrote: »

https://youtu.be/fz3P0zDh6wc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I used to always be a meat feast girl, pepperoni, ham, double it! In the last few years though I've really started to love spinach and goats' cheese pizza with caramelised onions. I don't know if vegetarian pizzas are any healthier to be honest though, I find they can be quite greasy, if I get one from a take away it's sometimes greasier than a pepperoni pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

dont get the hate for pineapple/ wouldnt be my first choice but wouldnt say no to a slice

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I like having a magaretta pizza from time to time

double cheese yum

Advertisement