Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Henry retired... or not?! 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Where's Mark Henry? Is he out injured or something?

Retired quietly i believe think hes scouting for wwe now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

sky88 wrote: »
    Retired quietly i believe think hes scouting for wwe now

Yeah......not falling for that one again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

x43r0 wrote: »

He's still got a lot left in the tank... We're all just puppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still probably ranks as the most professional level of acting achieved in a WWE product. Fooled everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pro Wrestling & MMA World

Was Strowmen his last match? If so he went out on his Back like a pro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was Strowmen his last match? If so he went out on his Back like a pro!

Well going out on your back is the time honoured tradition in wrestling. It's a shame Bret Hart couldn't do that but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well going out on your back is the time honoured tradition in wrestling. It's a shame Bret Hart couldn't do that but what can you do.

Hold up there Mr. McMahon - Bret was forced to retire. Montreal wasn't his last match. Who knows if he would have "went out on his back" if he could have ended his career on his terms

Unless I see a Salmon Sports Jacket, I'm not believing a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Still probably ranks as the most professional level of acting achieved in a WWE product. Fooled everyone.

It was real to me dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Itssoeasy wrote: »

His last match was at Summerslam 2010 and he lost...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

having a hand with Mae Young really sticks out in Mark Henry's career

even in his mega heel bad ass phase that hand memory always sticks in the mind and can't be forgotton

still he had a decent run overall and best of luck to him. Out of all the events I've seen live I never seen Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s fairly wide of the mark actually. It was a 7v7 elimination match he was eliminated from by DQ, but his team ultimately won (the night Cena decided it was a good idea to bury the Nexus).

So he didn’t really go out on his back, itssoeasy was mostly correct in what they said.

He was in the match.

He was eliminated.

He lost.

Is this complex? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Monokne wrote: »
    He was in the match.

He was eliminated.

He lost.

It seemingly is for you, don’t know why you’d have to ask that. Read the post you quoted, read your own post, and then my response. Did he “go out on his back”? Maybe he was decked backstage and you were there to see it, but as far as I can tell, he got DQ’ed and left the ringside area, never to wrestle another match.

And technically speaking, he still didn’t lose. His team won the match, so I’ll repeat, you were wide of the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    having a hand with Mae Young really sticks out in Mark Henry's career

even in his mega heel bad ass phase that hand memory always sticks in the mind and can't be forgotton

still he had a decent run overall and best of luck to him. Out of all the events I've seen live I never seen Mark

That skit they did with the bloke dressed as a hand saying he was Mae Young’s son made it worth it though. I instantly forgave them for every bad Attitude Era storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    He was in the match.

He was eliminated.

He lost.

I wouldnt even count his last wwe run, he could barely move.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mark was brilliant as WHC back on Smackdown, hall of pain was great. Himself and Big Show also played huge roles in DBryan getting over in WWE.

Before that he was good ECW champ as well and certainly earned his WHC run.

Before that, his initial push towards a WHC had me totally uninterested, his Taker feud was good but I still wasn't that inpressed with him.

WWE always liked to build someone up because of their size but Henry as well as a legit strong man became a very good sports entertainer. Certainly one of those guys really made for the big stage/bright lights of a WWE heel star.

I do wonder how great a career he could have achieved with better guidance and committment in earlier years. He was only 24 when signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »

I vividly remember being turned by it, when he first started the speech I thought it's an angle for sure but the promo, especially "daddy's coming home" broke me

Can't look at salmon without thinking of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His retirement angle is one of the best angles and writing the WWE have done in the last decade.

Henry deserves all the credit in the world for doing his part so well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

During the next year, Henry gave himself the nickname Sexual Chocolate, and was involved in controversial angles with Chyna and a transvestite. During a match at the August 1999 SummerSlam pay-per-view between Brown and Jeff Jarrett for the WWF Intercontinental and WWF European Championships (both held at the time by Brown), Henry turned on Brown and helped Jarrett win the match and the titles. The next night, Henry was awarded the European title by Jarrett in return for his help.Henry lost the title one month later to Brown at the Unforgiven pay-per-view.

The night after he tried to make up with Brown and later in the week claimed to be a sex addict resulting in him attending a sex therapy session a week later where he claimed that he lost his virginity at eight years old to his sister, and had just slept with her two days ago.

After this, Henry turned into a fan favorite, and was seen on television romancing WWF women from Chyna to Mae Young as part of the "Sexual Chocolate" character. He feuded with Viscera during this time, as part of a storyline where Viscera splashed Mae Young while she was carrying Henry's child.Young later gave birth to a hand. Henry was part of various other embarrassing and infamous storylines, including one about him overcoming sex addiction

In a way the hand thing is a blessing since it overshadows all the other terrible stuff

Turns out, he does have a lot left in the tank. Mark confirms he is NOT retired to SI

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/mark-henry-i-am-not-retired/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Turns out, he does have a lot left in the tank. Mark confirms he is NOT retired to SI

These ads down the side are getting a bit much eh

Xi33mL4.png

Good auld Mark who knows if he's really retiring again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mark Henry has retired from in ring action
    gerrybbadd wrote: »

Yep :pac:

Advertisement