Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Coffee in Co. Sligo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Costa is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Black Bart wrote: »
    Costa is always good.

costa lot too!

do they always serve in massive cups ,or can you ask for a normal size cup of coffee? (but not so small that you take one gulp and its all gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Cafe Fleur. Love the food there too.

Also the small cafe on Wine St beside the cinema has nice coffee (anyone know the name of it?)

And is Grappa still in existence? They did decent coffee too.

i'm personally not going in Insomnia again ... well the new O'connell Street one anyways - last time i paid nearly 9euro for a snack there - granted its a nice place , nice and clean, plenty of space, nice clean toilets but its put me off.

Used to like going to Filan's Centra up castle street but havent been up there since the refurbishment upstairs, must pay it a visit one of these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Best coffee in Sligo has to be in Passione by the Slice in Stephen Street. The food is great too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

afaik nook in collooney serves the art of coffee beans which are roasted in carrick on shannon.

It's not as good as the art of coffee itself which is excellent i think but close enough.

kates kitchen is good too the last time i was there was a while ago though.

Don't get the hype on Osta, had one yesterday. its not bad though.

Shells can be good but not always, sometimes i find mamma johnstons beside it better, depends who makes it i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

1. Sweet Beat - Always perfect in my humble opinion, they don't burn the milk, it's never too hot etc :)

2. Kate's Kitchen - Sometimes too hot :D

3. Osta or Hearts Desire

Worst coffee is usually in coffee chains, so Insomnia wouldn't be my choice. Never understood the Starbucks hype either.

I have to stick to latté now when i am out - I find cappuccino and the like are made too strong ...

if it done by one of the machines you operate yourself I will choose cappuccino or mocha and then tip some out of the cup and put a lot of milk in .. and a lot of sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Not Invented Here

Mama Johnstons in Strandhill has super Barista Coffee. They use a very nice bean and won Irish Cafe Award 2019. Actually didn't know that until I just checked the site. Can't remember the name of the coffee, just the taste! Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

Pudding Row in Easkey has excellent coffee, and good food too.

• Advertisement

Mama Johnstons in Strandhill has super Barista Coffee. They use a very nice bean and won Irish Cafe Award 2019. Actually didn't know that until I just checked the site. Can't remember the name of the coffee, just the taste! Yum.

lovely place that mammy johnstones there - always nice to get a nice drink and a cake there after brisk walk along the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

The most expensive obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

how come Hearts Desire hasn't been mentioned!! lovely lovely coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

We went to Blind Tiger today I had a mocha and herself a cappuccino. Both were 3.00 for regular and 3.30 for large, so we naturally ordered large. Jeez they were almost the size of fishbowls lol and very tasty.

Advertisement