Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How did PCP work out in the end?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Cool, so it can be done then. Just noticed that avantcard/an post are offering 5.9% on loans of €20k and over, I am currently locked into a HP with 4 years remaining. I would save over a grand in interest or €26 a month on my repayments if I could switch. Not massive numbers but every little helps as they say. I plan on keeping the car long term so have no interest trading in any time soon so thought this might be an option.

I saw that offer on AnPost site too.

However, you only see the actual rate you get when you go to draw down. After submitting all your details, bank statements etc.

In reality, they were offering my 10.1% or so. More than 4% more than what they had led with. When I went back and looked closer at the site it did say "as low as" and "starting from" etc. Very misleading though I felt to only see the actual rate when you are that close to drawing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

ustari wrote: »
    I saw that offer on AnPost site too.

However, you only see the actual rate you get when you go to draw down. After submitting all your details, bank statements etc.

In reality, they were offering my 10.1% or so. More than 4% more than what they had led with. When I went back and looked closer at the site it did say "as low as" and "starting from" etc. Very misleading though I felt to only see the actual rate when you are that close to drawing down.

That's madness and extremely misleading. Thanks for saving me the hassle of applying so.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

That's madness and extremely misleading. Thanks for saving me the hassle of applying so.

You may get a different/better rate. They just said that was what I was offered and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Is the Audi 2.9% PCP offer on at the moment a good one when it comes to PCP options?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

battser wrote: »
    Is the Audi 2.9% PCP offer on at the moment a good one when it comes to PCP options?

Given ecb rates are. 25pc lending and -. 5pc deposit you would think they would be lower!! As with all things risk plays a part. Still pretty low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Avantcard do give the headline rate - i got it on an amount slightly over 20k last sept.
    Covid may have adjusted their thinking since as it was unsecured also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

I'm about halfway through my PCP on an Octavia. I think we'll just try and pay the balance at the end and keep the car. Does anyone know is it possible to buy an extended warranty at the end of a PCP deal if you keep the car?

I’m not sure. I had an Octavia that went tits up 7/8 months outside my warranty. I was on Octavia number three from the same garage and they came to some arrangement with skoda head office that the car would be sorted. Needless to say that gesture got them repeat business

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Tried calling VWFS and their phone lines close at 3:30, they also close for lunch. Website says they're open until 5:30! It's been a week and they didn't call me back, PCP is up in two weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Tried calling VWFS and their phone lines close at 3:30, they also close for lunch. Website says they're open until 5:30! It's been a week and they didn't call me back, PCP is up in two weeks...

Did you try emailing them? With many working from home it could be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

You need to click contact us and then online requests. There’s a list of contract queries. It’s possible to get through to them on the phone but it took me a number of days/attempts in August.

• Advertisement

Yeah I submit via the contact form on the website. I'll call them again tomorrow. They want proof of PPS, address etc so want to get it sorted.

At least when the payment bounces and they call the next day I'll have a good excuse!

Yeah I submit via the contact form on the website. I'll call them again tomorrow. They want proof of PPS, address etc so want to get it sorted.

At least when the payment bounces and they call the next day I'll have a good excuse!

What are you wanting to do?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What are you wanting to do?

Refinance the balloon payment. I spoke to them last week, gave my PPS and reg and they were supposed to call me with the new figures.

Refinance the balloon payment. I spoke to them last week, gave my PPS and reg and they were supposed to call me with the new figures.

Ok. That's stressful alright. Did you try contacting the garage you bought it from, you might have more luck if their finance man gets involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

From a recent experience with them your only chance is to ring them early as I was on hold from 2.00pm to 3.30pm and they never answered. Rang them early and was still waiting a good 20 minutes to get through but eventually did. They must be severely understaffed with them waiting times worst I ever experience closing for lunch and finishing at 3.30pm everyday is a complete joke.

CIP4 wrote: »
    From a recent experience with them your only chance is to ring them early as I was on hold from 2.00pm to 3.30pm and they never answered. Rang them early and was still waiting a good 20 minutes to get through but eventually did. They must be severely understaffed with them waiting times worst I ever experience closing for lunch and finishing at 3.30pm everyday is a complete joke.

Well, they are a bank...

Ok. That's stressful alright. Did you try contacting the garage you bought it from, you might have more luck if their finance man gets involved.

Spoke to the dealer on the 25th of September when dropping in for a service, salesman said he'd tell their finance guy.

Called them last week to follow up and they told me VWFS deal with it and I was expecting the call from them and now I'm here!

Spoke to the dealer on the 25th of September when dropping in for a service, salesman said he'd tell their finance guy.

Called them last week to follow up and they told me VWFS deal with it and I was expecting the call from them and now I'm here!

Do you mind me asking if you are refinancing the balloon through VWFS? Keen to see what kind of interest rates they would offer.

Do you mind me asking if you are refinancing the balloon through VWFS? Keen to see what kind of interest rates they would offer.

It's 5.9% with VW, not sure what rates they have for the other brands though.

Try your credit union. Many of the larger ones have loans specifically tailored to pcp balloons

• Advertisement

adam88 wrote: »
    Try your credit union. Many of the larger ones have loans specifically tailored to pcp balloons

Much higher interest rate with the cu. You'd be better to stay with VW bank if you want you use them in the future.

5.9% is better than most banks. Good to know.

Much higher interest rate with the cu. You'd be better to stay with VW bank if you want you use them in the future.

There’s on industrial credit union ive family in 4.9 percent with very good terms.

adam88 wrote: »
    There’s on industrial credit union ive family in 4.9 percent with very good terms.

Sorry I don't understand your post.

Sorry I don't understand your post.

If your part of an industrial credit union like the guards or something. Their rates are very favourable. Plus there’s a lot more wiggle room with the credit unions if something unexpected pops up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Careful with the credit union they usually advertise an IIR rate which basically excludes fees. Banks advertise APR which includes fees.

L-M wrote: »
    Careful with the credit union they usually advertise an IIR rate which basically excludes fees. Banks advertise APR which includes fees.

I've never paid fees with the cu.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've never paid fees with the cu.

All CUs are different to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

L-M wrote: »
    All CUs are different to be fair.

Our local one charges crippling interest. So much for being a people bank.
    If you also account for the requirement to tie up savings, its extorsion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Top Dog

mickdw wrote: »
    Our local one charges crippling interest. So much for being a people bank.
    If you also account for the requirement to tie up savings, its extorsion.
    An Post are doing better rates than our local CU

Advertisement