Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermos Food and travel mugs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thanks OP , going to pick one up today , small size should be suitable for kids school bags, might try something like pasta in it to give them something different now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

This is a bigger version - you can also get the mugs with this offer
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9270563/Trail/searchtext%3ETHERMOS.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

A bit of buyers remorse here purely based on buyers error, I should have given the .47ltr capacity more thought before buying. It really is for small meals / snacks, definitely won’t take an adults full meal.

I’ll keep it as it’ll do for the kids.

For what it is it’s a good price so thabks anyway op.

Yeah any men with decent apatites really need to be aware of the size of this thing, I don't own this myself but do own a similar (worse quality) thing of 0.5 litre, its a small portion, use a measuring jug and pour the volume into one of your normal bowls to give a real world example (and remember that any less liquid food will have more gaps = less food)

I think these things really stand out for people with smaller apatites or stuff like thick stews which fill all available space, soups are fine in a large lid flask which will likely keep the contents warmer for longer and the ability to keep food warm is pointless to an extent if you have to carry rice/pasta/spuds in a separate container as then it ends up cold.

That said it is a good price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Perfect for keeping bait frozen if sea fishing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Tip.

If using thermos to keep food warm fill with boiling water and put lid on for 6-7 mins, tip out water,then add your piping hot food to it, otherwise your food will heat the thermos and loose heat quicker doing it.

Also I've read that dry food won't stay hot for long,soups,stews,curries,they stay hottest longest.. stuff with liquid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Davy wrote: »
    Picked one up today. I reckon the 0.47L is a perfect size for soups, stews for lunch or so on.
    It fits the contents of a full regular size size soup bowl.

Advertisement