Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you give up hot showers or hot food?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I'm assuming the no hot shower implies being able to take cold showers, and considering I take cold showers as a rule, then how much can I get for 10 years without a hot shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I had an incident taking a cold shower once.

My heart started acting funny. I could hear the beats in my head and my eyesight started to fail. I got out and lay down on the floor until it passed.

Have never taken one since.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the travel book,
    THE WORST JOURNEY
    IN THE WORLD
    Polar exploration is at once the cleanest and most isolated way of having a bad time which has been devised. It is the only form of adventure in which you put on your clothes at Michaelmas and keep them on until Christmas, and, save for a layer of the natural grease of the body, find them as clean as though they were new. It is more lonely than London, more secluded than any monastery, and the post comes but once a year.

Starts slowly , but perfect reading for when you are snuggled up in a warm bed with the wind and rain outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Candie wrote: »
    Hot showers are one of my great pleasures in life, but cups of tea are what I run on.

I'd have to take the cold showers, I couldn't live without the tea.

I love tea so much I could marry it.

Hi. My name is Tea and I taste like tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I don't see how this is in any way a challenge. I'd give up both for a year just for enough money to buy a house and live mortgage free for the rest of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hot food no problem. I don’t like piping hot food and prefer to eat it tepid anyway.

Cold showers are hell. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

how about reddening the bathroom so that the cold shower is refreshing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For a couple of million I could take cold dips after saunas.

Advertisement