Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you give up hot showers or hot food?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Imagine: You're walking to the shop at lunch. A man approaches you, is a high class lawyer. Tells you that his client wants to give you E3.5 million on condition that you go a year either without hot showers and baths (no hot water for shaving, and you can only swim in the sea and can't go swimming in warm countries etc.) or go without hot food and drinks. The choice is yours.

Your lawyer looks it over and goes through it all, it's good. There's no catch on their part, no way for you to "beat" the agreement, just a straight choice. Which would you choose?

Which would you go without for a year 55 votes

Hot showers/baths
    0% 0 votes
    Hot food and drink
    100% 55 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'd probably go without hot food and drink. I'd really miss a cuppa but reckon it'd be easier. Although I did go through a phase of having ice cold showers during college. I thought they'd be good for me, no idea why really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hot Food. Very easy to survive on cold food. It's only a year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I work outside for long periods of the day sometimes, I need a good long hot shower when I get home.
    I couldn go without one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I chose to give up hot food, its not so much Id prefer hot showers to hot food/drink.Its just that I simply couldn't do cold showers. I wouldn't wash, Id perpetually stink

And theres plenty of nice cold food and drinks. Theres no nice cold showers and baths

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

For 3 and a half million I'd give up both for a year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Easy solution.

Eat hot grub as normal - then this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Hot food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I’d eat cold food whilst having a hot shower, steam would warm it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

minikin wrote: »
    I’d eat cold food whilst having a hot shower, steam would warm it up.

You'd risk the millions on having some soggyly warm food in the shower?
    I voluntarily have cold showers, great way to start the day.

Good man. I remember being so awake leaving the house in the morning after one. It's just the start of the shower that's the worst. Hmm, must try one again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd wash myself in custard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

c_man wrote: »
    Imagine: You're walking to the shop at lunch. A man approaches you, is a high class lawyer. Tells you that his client wants to give you E3.5 million on condition that you go a year either without hot showers and baths (no hot water for shaving, and you can only swim in the sea and can't go swimming in warm countries etc.) or go without hot food and drinks. The choice is yours.

Your lawyer looks it over and goes through it all, it's good. There's no catch on their part, no way for you to "beat" the agreement, just a straight choice. Which would you choose?

I live by the sea so I'd go without the hot showers.

Definitely give up hot showers/water. Putting up with 5 mins of cold water 3 or 4 times a week in the shower would be nothing compared to hot dinners, hot tea multiple times a day, hot coffee etc etc. I shave with cold water a lot of the time anyway so that's not a deal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

You'd risk the millions on having some soggyly warm food in the shower?

Good man. I remember being so awake leaving the house in the morning after one. It's just the start of the shower that's the worst. Hmm, must try one again soon.

1. The resulting food would be tepid at best, not 'hot' food as specified in clause 2.7.b of our contract.

2. How would they know about my showering activities? Do I have to take showers with this high class lawyer... hey, is this all just a ruse by this high class lawyer to share showers with gullible people?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

5 million and we'll talk Mr Lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I like a cold shower, usually finish off my morning shower with cold water. Only thing is, I find the cold water it is not great for washing hair properly and getting the soap out. That would be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'd go without hot showers and pay for regular appointments with my hairdresser with all my millions :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Definitely give up hot showers/water. Putting up with 5 mins of cold water 3 or 4 times a week in the shower would be nothing compared to hot dinners, hot tea multiple times a day, hot coffee etc etc. I shave with cold water a lot of the time anyway so that's not a deal either.

In fairness cold showers would be a lot easier for you than the average person, since you only have about 2 a week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd give up hot showers. Takes less planning and has less impact on my life.

If anything, it would just mean that I'm wasting less time standing in the shower doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

a high class lawyer.

I would pinch myself to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

If I only took 2 million could I have it tepid?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd give up hot showers. Takes less planning and has less impact on my life.

If anything, it would just mean that I'm wasting less time standing in the shower doing nothing.

ahh doing nothing in the shower, the universal nudge and wink euphuism for ****!! try that in a cold one eh!!!

seriously though, I only take cold showers unless I have an injury, after a while even in this weather it's easy, even straight outa bed! cold Bolognese does not the same appeal haveth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

I suspect you are the sort who does not use a lot of hot water anyway so you probably wouldn't even notice😜

Hot showers are one of my great pleasures in life, but cups of tea are what I run on.

I'd have to take the cold showers, I couldn't live without the tea.

I love tea so much I could marry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Back in the day gas ran out in apartment and was stoney broke so had to take cold showers. After the first 5 or 6 it aint no thing. Pretty invigorating actually. That said wouldn't take a cold one by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would you be allowed come up with some apparatus to feed hot water that you previously boiled (and cooled somewhat) to just below the shower head, mixing with the cold water and providing you with a lukewarm experience?

The shower itself would technically still be cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hot food no bother. I practically live on chicken sandwiches anyway. Also, a lot of people think of tepid water when they think of 'cold' showers. An actual cold shower is beyond horrific, almost painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont drink tea or coffee, cant stand either so its an easy choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The catch is at what temperature does "hot" for water start at. I'll have warm showers and thank you for the 3.5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Hot food definitely. I love eating my food cold so it wouldn't be an issue. I would miss coffee though.

Maybe I'll give up hot showers and move to Florida.

Advertisement