Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No there was big talk yesterday and the copy and paste sites that he was going to be named that's why I had the question mark on it to see if anyone else knew more.

Ah right sorry didn't see that. As I said I'd be very suprised if they ever did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bruce Pritchard stated on his podcast that the whole No Mercy 99 controversy was widely overblown.

He says Jarrett who was out of contract merely asked to receive all the money which was owed to him in a one off payment, ppv bonuses, house show cheques etc. Vince eventually agreed and cut him a cheque.

Jarrett himself states the same. He also said that Vince was one of the first people on the phone to him when his wife died a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Jarrett gets in, he should be inducted by Tennessee Lee.

But Jarrett was always very average in WWE. Pretty much every mid-card guy of the late 90s and early 2000s is as worthy.

The supposed heat with Vince would be another issue, but I suppose Warrior did stuff just as bad, if not worse, and they made up, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Bruce Pritchard should inducte him..... spend my days working.....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

briany wrote: »

But Jarrett was always very average in WWE. Pretty much every mid-card guy of the late 90s and early 2000s is as worthy.

The supposed heat with Vince would be another issue, but I suppose Warrior did stuff just as bad, if not worse, and they made up, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Kurt to induct him :P

Is that Jeff's guitar being used by WWE

Is papa Jerry already in HOF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

jeff deserves his induction.as we all know the wwe hall of fame is not just for what you do in wwe or else it would be half empty. jarretts role in tna helped create many of the stars that are currently in wwe. i know he didnt actually train any of them etc but he did give them a chance and push them.He also had a good enough run in wcw.Hopefully its true would be good to hear his speech when i fly over this year.

jeff deserves his induction.as we all know the wwe hall of fame is not just for what you do in wwe or else it would be half empty. jarretts role in tna helped create many of the stars that are currently in wwe. i know he didnt actually train any of them etc but he did give them a chance and push them.He also had a good enough run in wcw.Hopefully its true would be good to hear his speech when i fly over this year.

Im a Jeff mark, he is totally a man who deserves it. His work in ring is good enough alone.

He dared to put it up to WWF, and after years of hard work he created the closest thing to competition to WWE in America. For that achievement alone he should be in.

Id love if he gets in. I some how wont believe it until I see it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im a Jeff mark, he is totally a man who deserves it. His work in ring is good enough alone.

He dared to put it up to WWF, and after years of hard work he created the closest thing to competition to WWE in America. For that achievement alone he should be in.

Id love if he gets in. I some how wont believe it until I see it though.

i agree! hope he is in this year. Pwi insider are reporting that there is at least talk of it. Met the man at wrestlecon last year and he seemed very grounded and down to earth. Took a good ten mins chatting to me. Will cheer him on if hes there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bruce Pritchard should inducte him..... spend my days working.....

I'd be all for Bruce inducting Jerry....

Well.... you know

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    briany wrote: »

Kurt to induct him :P

Is that Jeff's guitar being used by WWE

Is papa Jerry already in HOF?
    No neither of the Jarrett family are in the WWE hall of fame.

Well.... you know
    Chicken salad will never look the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I consider Goldberg and The Dudley Boyz Hall of Fame talents. Ivory and Jeff Jarrett? Never would I consider them as such. It's a Hall of Fame dependent on the whims of one man though, and when you consider some of the names gone in already it's really not worth worrying about.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I consider Goldberg and The Dudley Boyz Hall of Fame talents. Ivory and Jeff Jarrett? Never would I consider them as such. It's a Hall of Fame dependent on the whims of one man though, and when you consider some of the names gone in already it's really not worth worrying about.

I agree its a Vince McMahon PR club but Jarrett would have achieved enough to go in based on his career.

6 time IC champ, WCW heavyweight champ, hed be deserving as much as The Dudleys IMO, arguable more so.

I personally hope he gets his moment

I agree its a Vince McMahon PR club but Jarrett would have achieved enough to go in based on his career.

6 time IC champ, WCW heavyweight champ, hed be deserving as much as The Dudleys IMO, arguable more so.

The IC Title was devalued in a big way when he won it. Even The Godfather held the title around that time - and he's another one who doesn't deserve to be a HoF'er imo. When Jarrett held the WCW Title it had been similarly devalued as a title.

The Dudley Boyz at least were stars wherever they went. I don't think Jarrett was ever truly a star name. When I think of him I think mid-carder. For me, a Hall of Fame should be reserved for people who are stars and legends. Jarrett was nowhere near Goldberg's level in WCW; Ivory was nowhere near Trish Stratus' level in WWE. I really think a Hall of Fame should be kept special and reserved for only the best of the best, otherwise it becomes almost like an employee of the month award. 'Here you go for being a good sport'.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

The IC Title was devalued in a big way when he won it. Even The Godfather held the title around that time - and he's another one who doesn't deserve to be a HoF'er imo. When Jarrett held the WCW Title it had been similarly devalued as a title.

The Dudley Boyz at least were stars wherever they went. I don't think Jarrett was ever truly a star name. When I think of him I think mid-carder. For me, a Hall of Fame should be reserved for people who are stars and legends. Jarrett was nowhere near Goldberg's level in WCW; Ivory was nowhere near Trish Stratus' level in WWE. I really think a Hall of Fame should be kept special and reserved for only the best of the best, otherwise it becomes almost like an employee of the month award. 'Here you go for being a good sport'.

I disagree just because someone didnt get success doesnt mean they dont deserve recognition from their peers.

The stars arent made without those guys lower down the card.

Id class Jeff as a upper mid card talent and a fine one at that. He had a fine feuds with Razor, Shawn DDP, and Booker T, as well as getting a decent run with Chyna. And his TNA career in front and behind the camera, esp during they early years surely deserves alot of credit.

Sure not everything he did was a home run, his choosen one gimmick was dire,

I disagree just because someone didnt get success doesnt mean they dont deserve recognition from their peers.

The stars arent made without those guys lower down the card.

Id class Jeff as a upper mid card talent and a fine one at that. He had a fine feuds with Razor, Shawn DDP, and Booker T, as well as getting a decent run with Chyna. And his TNA career in front and behind the camera, esp during they early years surely deserves alot of credit.

Sure not everything he did was a home run, his choosen one gimmick was dire,

But if they didn't get success then I don't know why you want them to be considered Hall of Famers. A football Hall of Fame or an acting Hall of Fame isn't going to put in somewhat talented people. Only the cream of the crop go in. That's what makes it special.

Recognition from peers is all well and good and I'd have no issue with these guys getting some sort of Appreciation Night on Raw or something, but a Hall of Fame imo should be reserved for legends. I don't think Jarrett was ever really a big draw or star by any metric. It surely dilutes things when someone is put in as a pat on the back gesture alongside true legends like Flair, Hogan, Austin etc. Those feuds you mention him having were basic at best and I think calling them fine feuds is generous tbh!

To use a Draft example, if one of us drafted Jeff Jarrett in Round 1 or 2, let's be honest it would be considered a bad pick. A bit like one of the early years of the game when orestes went for Lance Storm in Round 2 and came in for some good natured banter.

I've noticed I definitely seem to be a minority voice on this though when it comes to wrestling. Like some years I'll see a name go in and think, 'Really? Hall of Famer?' Beth Phoenix is a good example. I liked her as a wrestler and thought she had a decent few years but I'd hardly consider her up there with the likes of Trish. But then I read comments and people say 'Well deserved', 'Great news' so I guess I'm much fussier than most on what constitutes the term "Hall of Famer"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Heh.... he’s the king of the mountain don’t ya know

But if they didn't get success then I don't know why you want them to be considered Hall of Famers. A football Hall of Fame or an acting Hall of Fame isn't going to put in somewhat talented people. Only the cream of the crop go in. That's what makes it special.

Recognition from peers is all well and good and I'd have no issue with these guys getting some sort of Appreciation Night on Raw or something, but a Hall of Fame imo should be reserved for legends. I don't think Jarrett was ever really a big draw or star by any metric. It surely dilutes things when someone is put in as a pat on the back gesture alongside true legends like Flair, Hogan, Austin etc. Those feuds you mention him having were basic at best and I think calling them fine feuds is generous tbh!

To use a Draft example, if one of us drafted Jeff Jarrett in Round 1 or 2, let's be honest it would be considered a bad pick. A bit like one of the early years of the game when orestes went for Lance Storm in Round 2 and came in for some good natured banter.

I've noticed I definitely seem to be a minority voice on this though when it comes to wrestling. Like some years I'll see a name go in and think, 'Really? Hall of Famer?' Beth Phoenix is a good example. I liked her as a wrestler and thought she had a decent few years but I'd hardly consider her up there with the likes of Trish. But then I read comments and people say 'Well deserved', 'Great news' so I guess I'm much fussier than most on what constitutes the term "Hall of Famer"!

Ah MNG it’s the WWE Hall of Fame, not the Observer Hall of Fame. I know you think a Hall of Fame should be exclusive to those who reached the highest of main event and popularity status, but its not and never will. Its currently a mix between a Vince McMahon/WWE PR vehicle and an event to toast one of the boys.

I get that someone like Jeff Jarrett wasn’t pushed to the moon in WWE, but he was memorable. Maybe not to the level of Austin or Flair etc, but he played his part in wrestling over the past 30 years. Hes been dedicated to the business and worked hard to be a cog in the wrestling world, whether it by being a WWE midcarder or WCW main eventer or a TNA creator hes been a big part of sports entertainment.

Id look at someone like Goldberg, now I like Goldberg and hes no doubt a star, but he hasn’t worked even close to as hard as Jeff Jarrett has and IMO someone like Jarrett is so much more of a deserving candidate to get his moment amongst his peers.

Jeff may not have reached the heights of Goldberg in terms of popularity but I still think he deserves his moment for all of his hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Multiple times NWA WHC also.

I always thought he was a good worker. Looking back on old WCW and WWE PPVs on the Network his matches are always a good standard. Very smooth and polished in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Ivory was one of the top divas of the attitude era and did well especially in Right to Censor, great heel

Well it looks like I'll have to buy a hat and then eat it. Old double J Jeff Jarrett is going to be in the 2018 WWE hall of fame. Well there you go. Never say never.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it looks like I'll have to buy a hat and then eat it. Old double J Jeff Jarrett is going to be in the 2018 WWE hall of fame. Well there you go. Never say never.

Aint he great!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,346 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Delighted for him.

King of The Mountain.

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/965632257976426497

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

were getting a double j vs eilas sing off arent we i cannot wait.

never thought he was the top top guy he was potrayed as in tna and end of wcw but well deserving of this.

Wonder if Stone Cold will discuss this on his podcast. Fair play to Double J, he had enough detractors with influence, so to get here is some achievement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly never thought I'd see the day.

Like...he'll make some sort of appearance on WWE then, even if its just the WM moment. Mr TNA himself. Wow.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly never thought I'd see the day.

Like...he'll make some sort of appearance on WWE then, even if its just the WM moment. Mr TNA himself. Wow.

I think they'll use him as an on air talent for sure. If Rockstar Spud can be used as an authority figure I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Double J ends up doing similar on Raw or Smackdown.

Presumably when they do his Hall of Fame package they'll leave this bit out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,346 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He would do a better job as RAW GM than Angle anyway.

Advertisement