Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That was a fun impact and some nice surprises

Big money Matt is brilliant and it's the ideal position for him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What is up with Jerry Lynn and aging? He looked older back when he was in TNA around 10 years ago

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What is up with Jerry Lynn and aging? He looked older back when he was in TNA around 10 years ago

Getting the hair chopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Probably less wear and tear, and living a healthier life. It does wonders for some. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just looked there he will be 58 this year damn.

Impact pulled a fast one and managed to keep hold of Trey Miguel. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Impact pulled a fast one and managed to keep hold of Trey Miguel. Fair play to them.

Not surprised tbh. He's probably happy to be working with his wife and he's in a position where he's gonna get a chance make himself a top guy. When the alternative is doing hip toss class and box jumps with 256 other PC geeks I'd say he picked the best option

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/30/impact-wrestling-in-uk-youtube-facebook-announced-as-new-home-13992549/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

YouTube and Facebook are the new home of Impact in Ireland and the UK

"From Wednesday, weekly episodes of IMPACT! will be available to stream on Facebook and YouTube in the UK & Ireland, within hours of the American broadcast!"

Great from Tony K saying that he is so enjoying wrestling now that is why he let Mox appear on NJPW Strong now linking the 3 promotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I like Rich Swann but they need to put the world championship on Moose, he looked like the real deal at the end of the show with both belts. The AEW links have me checking out Impact on YT but there's not really much going on, it's as dull as dishwater for the most part.

• Advertisement

I like Rich Swann but they need to put the world championship on Moose, he looked like the real deal at the end of the show with both belts. The AEW links have me checking out Impact on YT but there's not really much going on, it's as dull as dishwater for the most part.

It's inevitable for Moose I think.

Impact hasn't been quite as entertaining lately as it can be, and when it's boring the bad wrestling is on full display with no where to hide.

I still can't tell if Fire N Flava are actually any use in the ring and they're the women's tag team champions!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/30/impact-wrestling-in-uk-youtube-facebook-announced-as-new-home-13992549/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

YouTube and Facebook are the new home of Impact in Ireland and the UK

"From Wednesday, weekly episodes of IMPACT! will be available to stream on Facebook and YouTube in the UK & Ireland, within hours of the American broadcast!"

Well this was a load of bollox. They just put up highlights on YouTube to watch (like they've always done) and when asked on twitter about getting the full episode on YouTube (like the way it sounded it would be from the press release), the Impact UK and Ireland account said you can watch full episodes on the Impact plus app.

Tony K is the forbidden door and he opened himself :)

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1359320260848062469?s=20

Happy Birthday Tommy Dreamer from the guys at AEW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1359324099886145537?s=20

NJPW FinJuice are coming :)

Watched a bit of this last night (impact plus 30 day trial). Impact give WWE a good run for their money with camera cuts during matches. Why does any wrestling company think that it looks good? I understand it for punches because some can look awful but absolutely no need for it at the impact of a powerbomb etc.

The end of the multi-man was excellent between Trey, Austin and Alexander, those three guys should be at the forefront of IMPACT going forward, along with Swann and Moose. Couldn't care less about Dreamer in 2021 and definitely nowhere near the main event, he has change the channel heat for me.

The NJPW announcement feels big, it's reported that the deal has been worked on for a good while now and that D'Amore and others from IMPACT flew to Japan to formally apologize for the previous issues that existed between the two companies. I think some of the people saying that people are getting ahead of themselves and jumping the gun about companies who will only work together for the short term are wrong and there is definitely something in the works here and clearly has been for a while now. Hopefully some exciting stuff ahead for fans of pro-wrestling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You remember when coronavirus started, and wwe were doing 2 1/2 hour ppvs and nobody complained? There was no reason for this show to be 3 hours, half the matches went too long, half too short.

There was some good stuff, josh Alexander and jake something both had performances that should get eyes on them, but a 3 hour b show headlined by Tommy dreamer trying to wrestle a non gimmick match........ Never again.

• Advertisement

Muta teasing to defend his new NOAH World Tile in Impact who NOAH have a working relationship with.

https://twitter.com/TNAmarkFrmIndia/status/1361324121011929088?s=20

TJP vs Josh Alexander announced for tomorrows Impact could be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tony Khan doing his charity work again. Getting some talent involved this time.

Scott D'amore taking a dig at WWE and their great idea of an Eye for an Eye match.

IMPACT was decent this week, the women's match in the main event was really good.

I liked the idea of Callihan invading Trey's training school but the execution could have been a bit better.

Looking forward to Sacrifice, it's a solid if not spectacular card. Moose/Swann should be great.

Rich Swann Vs Moose unification match tonight. Winner goes on to face Omega in a title for title match.

Also Good brothers Vs Juice and Finlay

Still have my impact plus trial so I'll watch at some stage tomorrow. I got my trial through Fite TV so didn't have to set up an impact plus account, if anyone is interested in getting the trial and watching.

• Advertisement

What's the difference between these shows like Sacrifice and the upcoming Rebellion? Is Rebellion a PPV rather than just on Plus?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's the difference between these shows like Sacrifice and the upcoming Rebellion? Is Rebellion a PPV rather than just on Plus?

Exactly mate, yeah.

Omega/Swann title vs title confirmed for Rebellion. Looking forward to that, pity there won't be a crowd for it.

Moose/Swann was a really good main event, I liked the X-Division match too, Austin gets better every time I see him. Kind of surprised FinJuice won though, IMPACT giving all their titles away!

That was a very enjoyable show I must say and the inter promotion match set ups going forward starting to fall into place with the tag titles changing hands and Omega's belt collecting tour really kicking into gear now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That was a very enjoyable show I must say and the inter promotion match set ups going forward starting to fall into place with the tag titles changing hands and Omega's belt collecting tour really kicking into gear now.

I hope that doesn't mean aew are gonna sign the good brothers 😭😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I hope that doesn't mean aew are gonna sign the good brothers ����

Probably not seeing as they're both contracted to Impact, they'll probably end up going the sharing route, similar to how Sony/Marvel share Spider-Man right now :pac:

I hope that doesn't mean aew are gonna sign the good brothers ����

More likely the Good Brothers will go to NJPW chasing and setting feuds there for Omega.

The idea of Omega dropping the Impact Title to Moose is wild. I've always said this is the sort of thing that would be the biggest challenge faced by the talent sharing.

It has to be done in a legit way and in no situation where Kenny doesn't take the pin.

Delighted they unified the Impact and TNA world title. Thought it was stupid having both.

With NJPW getting the tag titles, AEW likely getting the world title, I'd say Shida's is the expendable title to go to Impact

Delighted they unified the Impact and TNA world title. Thought it was stupid having both.

It was a situation born out of the Tessa Blanchard debacle so I'm not sure what they could do....but yeah a year to sort it out ain't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Here's a review me and one of the lads did of sacrifice. Wasn't much of a show but we do weekly shows on all things wrestling and will have a few surprise guests popping up between now and wrestlemania

https://youtu.be/vTFW83q3IDo

Also follow us on Twitter @slamwrestle
    And wrestleslam on Facebook :)

Found it funny when Scott was asked at the weekend who the 12 Knockouts would be for the tag match. Not like they have much choice. Was surprised they had 12.

Wonder how many hear Don Callis's music and wonder how they got Maroon 5.

Hardcore Justice is the next special on April 10th, before Rebellion on April 24th.
    Looks like that's the next time we'll see the tag titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kenny Omega confronting Rich Swann

They're moving back to Thursdays from the 8th of April. It's so they won't go head to head with NXT when they move to Tuesdays.

• Advertisement

They're moving back to Thursdays from the 8th of April. It's so they won't go head to head with NXT when they move to Tuesdays.

I was worried about them

good decision

Maybe they should've waited a week. That's the same night as Stand & Deliver night 2

Eric Young has torn his ACL so probably gone for the rest of the year.

Was thinking they were a bit mad scheduling Hardcore Justice the same day as Mania night 1, but reading now it will be available at 8pm our time so will be over before the Mania preshow

I wouldnt be the be biggest Impact fan but their card for IMPACT Wrestling Rebellion looks quite good

Title vs. Title Match
    Impact World Champion Rich Swann vs. AEW World Champion Kenny Omega

Impact World Tag Team Titles Match
    Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows vs. David Finlay and Juice Robinson (c)

Knockouts Title Match
    Tenille Dashwood vs. Deonna Purrazzo (c)

Triple Threat for the X Division Title
    TJP vs. Josh Alexander vs. Ace Austin (c)

Knockouts Tag Team Titles Match
    TBA vs. Tasha Steelz and Kiera Hogan (c)

Brian Myers vs. Matt Cardona

Cannot wait to see Swann v Omega

Meant to say, Jazz lost the Title vs Career match at Hardcore Justice.
    Also Susan competed as her Su Yung persona in the Number 1 Contender match

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Eric Young has torn his ACL so probably gone for the rest of the year.

Hm so at what point will this come into effect? Anyone know how far in advance Impact have their tapings?

How crazy would it be if Swann won.

Now that Impact has moved to Thursdays, will they be able to afford to keep going if Tony Khan isn't paying them advertising money? :)
    Unless he advertises a week in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now that Impact has moved to Thursdays, will they be able to afford to keep going if Tony Khan isn't paying them advertising money? :)
    Unless he advertises a week in advance

😂😂😂 As if he's really paying advertising money lol it's a storyline

Advertisement