Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've listened to Rudy guilianis interview on abc yesterday. Good god was he always rambling like this or is this a recent development ? He starts laughing several times for no reason.

I'm about to listen to kellyanne conway on CNN with Jake tapper. I'll see how much waffle she tries to beat the good mayor by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Iran deal decision will be known Tomorrow, Trump just announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Announced it like it was the final of The Apprentice too, the clown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He seems to like keeping the suspense up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

He seems to like keeping the suspense up.

Didn't Trump once praise Sean Spicer for getting good TV ratings? That's not the kind of thing I can remember any U.S. president outwardly caring about (or any western political figure for that matter). Trump is, if nothing else, a showman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Panrich

Let's de-stabilise the Middle East to knock Stormy Daniels off the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The First Lady Melania trump launched her "be best" platform earlier. Below is a part of her speech she gave in the rose garden at the White House earlier. I mean I see a few issues with what she says given how her husband acts.

Melania Trump: "When children learn positive online behaviors early on, social media can be used in productive ways."

"It is our responsibility as adults to educate and remind them that...they must choose their words wisely and speak with respect and compassion."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The First Lady Melania trump launched her "be best" platform earlier. Below is a part of her speech she gave in the rose garden at the White House earlier. I mean I see a few issues with what she says given how her husband acts.

Melania Trump: "When children learn positive online behaviors early on, social media can be used in productive ways."

"It is our responsibility as adults to educate and remind them that...they must choose their words wisely and speak with respect and compassion."
    Pass the bucket. I wonder what she's trying to flog.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pass the bucket. I wonder what she's trying to flog.

First class trolling. She was pedalling the birther conspiracy for years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Panrich wrote: »
    Let's de-stabilise the Middle East to knock Stormy Daniels off the front page.

The Middle East is stabilised? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

As if things weren't insane enough in US politics and society.

Perhaps the most notorious gun-runner in history has been named president of the NRA

http://time.com/5268400/oliver-north-named-nra-president/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

As if things weren't insane enough in US politics and society.

Perhaps the most notorious gun-runner in history has been named president of the NRA

http://time.com/5268400/oliver-north-named-nra-president/

Sure he is retiring from Fox News. Need to find something to pass the time.

Also Viktor Bout> Ollie North.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

sabat wrote: »
    For such a smart, media-savvy and politically experienced man Giuliani seems to be making an awful lot of oopsies in a very short space of time. You'd wonder whether he's legitimately acting as Trump's counsel or if he's been sent in by the GOP to bring about a controlled demolition in advance of the midterms. There was no logical reason for him to get involved in this sh1tshow in the first place.

Having watched the ABC interview and John Oliver's piece I realise how wrong I was-the man is just another babbling moron like the rest of the White House team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Don is trying to galvanise the GOP voters to get out and vote for it's incumbants tomorrow. He's playing "the witch-hunt is a plot by the Dems against the GOP" card now so the witch-hunt investigation wasn't about him at all, it is a long-term plan to get the GOP out of office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Via The Rude Pundit:
    Melania's talking with kids about safety online booklet is identical to one published by Michelle Obama four years ago. Only difference is Melania added her photo and an introduction.

Melania's Booklet: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Talking-with-kids-about-being-online-_2018.pdf

Michelle Obama's from 2014: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0001-netcetera.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sure he is retiring from Fox News. Need to find something to pass the time.

Also Viktor Bout> Ollie North.

Bout didn't work directly for the US Government, though, unlike North. But yeah, North is notorious but not in Bout's league.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What are peoples thoughts on the overall gameplan in regard to the Iran deal?

As looks likely, Trump will cancel the deal today. Is it simply because it was an Obama deal and the WH will actually start negotiations straight away, like NAFTA, and end up back in roughly the same place but with Trumps name on it instead?

Or is a precursor to war?

From my limited understanding, the deal got Iran to delay work on the nuclear arms program they had been pursuing and it return sanctions were lifted.

Not sure why Trump is so willing to talk to NK, when they have not only got Nuc's but have openly said they would use them, but is seemingly so against the exact type of deal that one suspects he will want with NK?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Trump is against the Iran deal because the black guy was for it.

He is for NK talks because the black guy was against them.

He is driven by the fact that the black guy was competent, a happily married family man, and admired worldwide, where Trump is an incompetent fool, a serial lecher and despised and mocked around the world.

Trump is against the Iran deal because the black guy was for it.

He is for NK talks because the black guy was against them.

Is it really that simple? I mean, it certainly looks that way, and the pull out of the Paris accord was seemingly based on, at best, a complete misunderstanding of the accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

If Trump cancels the deal with Iran today, they'll surely start spinning up centrifuges tomorrow.

Which for the John Boltons would be justification for an invasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,131 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is it really that simple? I mean, it certainly looks that way, and the pull out of the Paris accord was seemingly based on, at best, a complete misunderstanding of the accord.
    It is that simple, yes. Where Trump is concerned, very few explanations are complex.

I laughed out loud this morning listening to the radio. Boris is trying to get Trump to reconsider supporting the Iran deal, and the newsreader actually said out loud : "The Foreign Secretary made his remarks on the President's favourite TV show, Fox and Friends."

America's allies are putting their advice on Fox and Friends and hoping it sticks in Trump's empty head for the day.

Is it really that simple? I mean, it certainly looks that way

Think back to the start of his term: the bizarre and instantly debunked lies about his inauguration having the biggest crowd ever. That really is what he's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Is there one rational explanation for wanting to increase the amount of salt, fat and artificial flavours in school dinners. Apart from the fact it was Michelle Obama's flagship achievement.
    Donald Trump’s administration is set to relax rules on the nutritional standards of school meals, dismantling legislation Michelle Obama fought hard to introduce during her time as First Lady.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-school-meals-free-national-lunch-programme-agriculture-sonny-purdue-pat-roberts-a7711606.html
    I laughed out loud this morning listening to the radio. Boris is trying to get Trump to reconsider supporting the Iran deal, and the newsreader actually said out loud : "The Foreign Secretary made his remarks on the President's favourite TV show, Fox and Friends."

America's allies are putting their advice on Fox and Friends and hoping it sticks in Trump's empty head for the day.

Boris's talk about the Noble Peace Prize was absolutely cringe, so obvously playing to Trump's ego that even he will have to see through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If Trump cancels the deal with Iran today, they'll surely start spinning up centrifuges tomorrow.

Which for the John Boltons would be justification for an invasion.

Iran isn't Iraq or Syria though. It's a much bigger country with a large and well-armed army.

Boris's talk about the Noble Peace Prize was absolutely cringe, so obvously playing to Trump's ego that even he will have to see through it.

No, I don't think Trump can see through that sort of flattery. He lives on it.

Iran isn't Iraq or Syria though. It's a much bigger country with a large and well-armed army.

And the US were so superly successful in both of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,131 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

. . . so obvously playing to Trump's ego that even he will have to see through it.
    He really won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Seriously, even if Don goes the deal-cancelltion route [which I don't think he wiil - looking at his way of getting concessions from other countries] then it's up to the other partners to the deal to take it's wording, delete the US from from it and ignore him. His new NSA must see the chance of that happening, that the world will continue to trade with, or without, Don.

I see Don pulling another trick out of his hat of phrases and tell the world that he's forced the O/P to sit down & talk about a new deal, though in this case, it's the European signatories to the deal, not Iran, who'll be the O/P sitting at the table again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If the rest of the world continues with the deal and ignores the US this could be the beginning of the end for the US as the number one world super power.  I find it very hard to find a world leader who has any respect for Trump with probably the exception of a few idiots around the world including that war mongerer in Israel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement