Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Alpha Wan - Does She Really Exist .

Options
  • 11-01-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Does the Alpha Lady Exist . & if so who is she ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

my ex wife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Why is it the "Alpha male" but the "Alpha bi*ch"?

Hate language used like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Katie Hopkins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Witchie wrote: »

Because they are terms used to describe the hierarchy of social mammals, usually dogs or wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Id imagine its what some people call a women who is good at her job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

srsly78 wrote: »
    Because they are terms used to describe the hierarchy of social mammals, usually dogs or wolves.

I think they use alpha female in social mammal hierarchies?
    Plus the social hierarchies refers to all animals - I never heard a female monkey called a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

She exists for 3 out of 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Bea from Cell block H

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Oprah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

my sister-in-law

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-I've changed the title and the op. Keep it civil on this thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

in appearance I'd associate a strong jaw line with having a strong assertive personality,exhibit 1 Rhona Mitra

rhona-mitra.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Witchie wrote: »

Well, you got your way anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

snowflake generation !

Well, you got your way anyhow.
    like most women . snowflake generation .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

snowflake generation !

Mod: Have you anything to contribute? Because it doesn't look like it.

?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Isn't "queen bee" the usual term for the alpha male equivalent?

If so, in my experience she absolutely does exist, but like with alpha males, not every social group has one and they don't all have the same kind of relationship to their peers. Like, the hollywood stereotype is of the manipulative and backstabbing woman who gets to welcome in and kick others out of the crew, and thereby attracts a lot of fake friends who just pretend to like her for social reasons - that's definitely something I've seen, but tbh it just as often refers to someone who's outgoing, charismatic, and a "dooer" with regard to actually following through on making plans and organising events etc.

So essentially, the answer is yes, she does, but not necessarily in the stereotypical way - she's always portrayed as an intimidating, two faced, and often downright horrible person in fiction and in stereotype, whereas in reality she's often just a naturally extroverted and charismatic person who others are naturally drawn to. Some of the nicest women I've ever known would fit the description, as opposed to the conniving, "has no real friends, only people she wants to use" type you get in stereotypical stories.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

srsly78 wrote: »
    They don't really use those terms with dogs/wolves anymore as it was found to be based on dubious science and out of date research. Even so I've never heard the term "Alpha bitch" used. It's alpha male/alpha female.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Any woman who tries to change other people or person.

You see the alpha lady has an idea of how things should be and how we should all act.
    She'll let you know; how it is,where it's at, and where you gotta be,
    She won't ask do you wanna take part she'll just simply inform you of this great competition we're all taking part in! just in case you didn't know

forever trying to control and manipulate

you must stay strong and sharp if the alpha lady is to be defeated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Chicks with really hairy fannies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Veronica from The Simpsons, the golfer who was engaged to Patty.

"LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT ADAM'S APPLE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I think they do exist. I think they're pretty common compared to alpha men though. They're usually tall like 5'9', broad but with big hips too and in good shape..and have strong facial bones, not like the kind of round cutesy face a lot of girls have. Sharp cat like features
    They're serious like never be giggly and immature and laughing about stupid things.Assertive and have a really confident walk, and have a kind of husky voice..not deep but kind of like scarlett johansons
    Thats what I think of an alpha girl as
    Megan Fox is really what I think of when I hear alpha girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I work in a career dominated by women.

One alpha female comes to mind. Head of her department. Its her way of the high way. Does what she needs to please her bosses and doesn't care that her staff hate her.

My boss isn't an alpha female. A bit weak when it comes to making hard decisions.

It's very hard to find a female that is a good boss and a good people person.

as the mod changed my post to alpha lady . it should be alpha female .

so who knows an alpha female . ???? .

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Does the Alpha Lady Exist . & if so who is she ?

Didn't she fight Batman in the old TV series? Or was that Wonder Woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Prefer Delta Lady, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Emma Bunton/Baby Spice. Just look at her leadership qualities here.

While the others are just screaming and dancing around she takes the initiative and pulls the hat right off a homeless mans head.

Ladies, next time you're taking clothing from the homeless, as well as taking their last remaining shred of dignity, remember who you have to thank for inspiring you. Pay proper homage to this pioneer of womens rights by shouting "GIRL POWER!" as you punch a homeless man in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod: Have you anything to contribute? Because it doesn't look like it.

Mod: is the poster allowed respond to this? Very confusing.

Yours sincerely,

Alpha male

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mod: is the poster allowed respond to this? Very confusing.

Yours sincerely,

Alpha male

Not a mod: penis size confusion?

Advertisement