Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird man of Loughcrew

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

gifted wrote: »
    Birdman of Alcatraz..with Burt Lancaster...now that was a good film

They don't make em like they used too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

buried wrote: »
    Loughcrew has many neolithic passage cairns too doesn't it? No idea of that area so no idea where that estate is in connection to that place, but remember seeing photo's of the cairns in the area and a sculpted stone chair called 'The Hag's Chair'. Must go down there for a look

Went to it in the summer there and was staying in the campsite right beside it. The views are really nice and the walk up to it. The woman from the Heritage Centre arrived just as we were about to leave so we were lucky enough to get to go inside!

She said that a local teacher discovered it when walking his dog. She also mentioned that she's had a few groups visit to perform Pagan rituals.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

It looks like we have a dummy folks. And I am a dummy for believing in it all. I want those guy's hung and quartered.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

tigerboon wrote: »
    The current church dates from the 16th century and was built by the Plunketts. This is too late for the plague. However there was supposed to be a church at Loughcrew dating back to the 14th century which would tie in.
    The whole area around the church was overgrown until fairly recently when the gardens and activity centre was developed

There was plague here in 1650.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Looks suspicously like concrete to me.

• Advertisement

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Government cover-up!

Remains of the Children of Lir - mythology covering the arrival of avian-humanoid aliens!

😜

They're buried just outside Allihies, Beara, Cork.

I do like the fact that one of the diggers said it was "mental". I thought that word fell out of popularity before the plague doctors walked the roads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ive only recently heard the word.

About the bird.

Advertisement