Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Vs Glasgow RDS Sunday 1pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Think Lowe has shown why international honours evaded him. Moments of real class but he’s thrown the odd poor offload and that rush up on defence was very poor.

I wouldn't mind having a player considered almost good enough for the ABs on my team!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Zzippy wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having a player considered almost good enough for the ABs on my team!

He may still pull on green yet...of the Irish variety.

He won’t be overly happy with his 2nd 40 though. Still it’s early days and he has to learn the systems. One good thing is that his size & power attracts defenders and creates gaps. Might not get selected next week, we see.

Watching Leinster this season is like watching the ABs...now will we win but by how much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

Leo Cullen is an incredible leader. Asked to comment on having such skillful forwards, he immediately deflects credit to the academy and Lancaster and claimed no credit for himself. Excellent leadership.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    He may still pull on green yet...of the Irish variety.

He won’t be overly happy with his 2nd 40 though. Still it’s early days and he has to learn the systems. One good thing is that his size & power attracts defenders and creates gaps. Might not get selected next week, we see.

Watching Leinster this season is like watching the ABs...now will we win but by how much :p

Careful now... pride before a fall and all that!

Yeah the all blacks are screwed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The stats back me up...

Although I think Ireland will be a great chance get a 2nd victory in November...with NZ having played England the week before I think.

Anyway, off-topic...

durthacht wrote: »
    Leo Cullen is an incredible leader. Asked to comment on having such skillful forwards, he immediately deflects credit to the academy and Lancaster and claimed no credit for himself. Excellent leadership.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think you may be on to something here... :p

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'll get into the game properly later but what a way for McGrath to respond to Cooney's performance yesterday. He was excellent. Really exciting to see 4 international quality 9s at all the provinces.

As said here though, Isa MOTM for me. The best foreign import ever? Definitely up there.

One thing that goes unnoticed from Lowe is his attitude. Sprinting from one wing to the other to give the forwards a pat on the back after a good scrum. It's a small thing but it's always nice to see.

Great win. Home quarter final secured. Job done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Faugheen wrote: »
    As said here though, Isa MOTM for me. The best foreign import ever? Definitely up there.

Its not even debatable. No one else comes even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Isa was fantastic today, resting him over Christmas seems to have worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,860 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Him and Lancaster are just the dream combination, the spiritual leader and culture driver with the ruthless tactician and innovator. We are steeped just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Our bench was as expected excellent coming on. Ryan makes yards every carry and Porter showed some great hands on a couple of occasions. Glad B Byrne throwing was steady too as he adds alot around the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ryan was excellent when he came on. Must've carried 8 or 9 times in the 15 minutes he was on the field. And when he wasn't carrying h was hitting rucks. Huge workrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I thought Porter was excellent when he came on including one really tidy breakdown penalty win. It's remarkable how quickly he has come along and I reckon he could well be Irish back up by the end of the year.

Ross Byrne looks a far more assured player than he was a year ago. He doesn't have a couple of horror shots at goal each game and his distribution is more fluid and accurate. Hopefully he gets the level of confidence that Sexton has where he gets his hands on the ball twice in a move. Currently he's purely the first receiver and then we generally don't see him until after the next phase.

His defending continues to impress me. Right in the thick of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the cullen/ lanscater ticket is understed brilliant - was wary of cullen when he first came in, thought he'd be a stop gap, after MOC - but he's been brilliant, and lancaster has been a revelation since what must have been a WC embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was glad when Sexton came off. 30 points ahead, TBP in the bag, big game next week and 6N coming up..... and there he is at the bottom of a ruck fighting with a front row.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

dioralyte-range-packshots-609x373%20png.png

Can someone make sure Venjur gets one or two of these into him? I’m worried about his fluid loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Faugheen wrote: »

There is no debate as far as I am concerned. We have seen some fantastic imports, from Pienaar in Ulster to Stander in Munster, Aki in Connacht and Brad Thorn and Rocky Elsom in Leinster, to name just a few. But Nacewa is by far the best ever, for any province, period.

When you consider his talent, his contribution and the length of his career here, there is no one even CLOSE. He has been nothing short of incredible. Phenomenal natural footballing skills coupled with pace and balance, an amazing utility player who can play in multiple positions across the park, very high rugby IQ, an excellent kicker and a natural leader to boot. Whatever about the All Blacks, he would have walked into any other side in the world IMHO.

If BOD is a Leinster legend, Isa is right up there beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

mangobob wrote: »
    There is no debate as far as I am concerned. We have seen some fantastic imports, from Pienaar in Ulster to Stander in Munster, Aki in Connacht and Brad Thorn and Rocky Elsom in Leinster, to name just a few. But Nacewa is by far the best ever, for any province, period.

When you consider his talent, his contribution and the length of his career here, there is no one even CLOSE. He has been nothing short of incredible. Phenomenal natural footballing skills coupled with pace and balance, an amazing utility player who can play in multiple positions across the park, very high rugby IQ, an excellent kicker and a natural leader to boot. Whatever about the All Blacks, he would have walked into any other side in the world IMHO.

Agree with all that. Brilliant player, and one I still think should start any big game for his leadership and adaptability. He’s also an enforcer, hits hard for his size. When did he bulk up? He was pretty slight in comparison when he first came over in 2008.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Like Craig Clarke? Or Bundee Aki?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I’ll be disappointed if there isnt multiple social media pages and petitions asking for an Isa statue to be erected in the RDS after he retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

.ak wrote: »
    I’ll be disappointed if there isnt multiple social media pages and petitions asking for an Isa statue to be erected in the RDS after he retires.

I'd rather a mural of Leinster fans chanting "one more year", and BOD telling Isa the chant was for him. Great moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I think it'd be appropiate to rename the RDS to the ISA

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Venjurs back lads

Prepare yourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What is story with Isa contract? Is he not kind of screwed this year as it has to be his last?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

You forgot bravery. That's what comes to my mind first when thinking about Isa. Even the fact that he entertained the idea of coming back to a game like rugby after two years off. Then going through with it, and delivering the consistency and level of commitment. The guy is a total legend. And a really cool guy, a real gentleman, by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What is story with Isa contract? Is he not kind of screwed this year as it has to be his last?

I don't think it has to be the last, but it more than likely will be.

Part of me wants him to finish while he's still playing great rugby. Another year might be a stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

He is retiring by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I don't think it has to be the last, but it more than likely will be.

Part of me wants him to finish while he's still playing great rugby. Another year might be a stretch.

He'll be 36 at the end of the season, I'd be surprised if he even wanted to play another year.

Would love to see him stay on in a coaching role of some capacity.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    dioralyte-range-packshots-609x373%20png.png

Can someone make sure Venjur gets one or two of these into him? I’m worried about his fluid loss...
    Stheno wrote: »
    Venjurs back lads

Prepare yourselves

Eh wtf??

Seriously though

Geyser.gif

Advertisement