Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Vs Glasgow RDS Sunday 1pm

• 10-01-2018 10:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Leinster: TBA

Glasgow: TBA

Referee: Marius Mitrea

Kick Off: Sunday 14/01/2018, 1pm, Sky Sports

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ultimate Rugby has kickoff at 13:00.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

dregin wrote: »
    Ultimate Rugby has kickoff at 13:00.

Right you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

1pm on a Sunday? Ffs... that’ll ruin my brunch plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »

url-2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Hmmm. Travelling on Sunday. Might not catch any of it :(

Side note. Glad to see Mitrea reffing. Wasn't convinced of him initially. But I think he is a good ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Will miss this. At least I'll be skiing though which will be a very Leinster appropriate reason to miss it.

Sangre wrote: »
    Will miss this. At least I'll be skiing though which will be a very Leinster appropriate reason to miss it.

Ditto.

No better way to support the lads than a middle class activity with my South Dublin friends :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

My wife is due tomorrow week so I just hope she and the little one don't go getting any ideas this weekend. :o

molloyjh wrote: »
    My wife is due tomorrow week so I just hope she and the little one don't go getting any ideas this weekend. :o

Missing a European game because the missus is in labour?

Welcome Scott. Fancy doing an AMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Good luck to Mrs Molloy. If things start happening you could do an Andy Ward and stay at the match to half time.

A bit OT but a number of years ago I played Gaelic Football in Singapore. We were in a tournament in Perth and one of the lads wife was due the same weekend. She allowed him to travel on the condition that he get a flight back as soon as she went into Labour. He left on the Saturday night. Absolute legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That baby will be born on the terrace :pac:

stephen_n wrote: »
    That baby will be born on the terrace :pac:

It would be an interesting way to do it all right!

It would be an interesting way to do it all right!

"Knock on ref..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I’m assuming if it’s a boy that the name will come from the Leinster starting XV? Based on form this season I’d be tempted to go with Jordan even if he isn’t in the 23...James is a perennial favourite, you can tell people after James Ryan even though we all know it’s James Lowe.

Whatever you do: not Jamison! Touch of bogan about that name. Jameson on the other hand you could palm off as whiskey-inspired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I’m assuming if it’s a boy that the name will come from the Leinster starting XV? Based on form this season I’d be tempted to go with Jordan even if he isn’t in the 23...James is a perennial favourite, you can tell people after James Ryan even though we all know it’s James Lowe.

Whatever you do: not Jamison! Touch of bogan about that name. Jameson on the other hand you could palm off as whiskey-inspired.

It's going to be Scott

swiwi_ wrote: »

Conan Jolly Hipster has a nice ring to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Mine is due Monday week, my last fella has a Leinster surname as his first, Conan. Could be a baby van der flier on the way.

It’s a girl for us. So Fergie was suggested on Saturday. Jordan for a girl is a bit too Page 3. If we want to go with one of the Leinster women we’d have to seriously consider Jenny.

Just hoping this is a discussion for mid to late next week anyway. There’s a game on this weekend after all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It’s a girl for us. So Fergie was suggested on Saturday. Jordan for a girl is a bit too Page 3. If we want to go with one of the Leinster women we’d have to seriously consider Jenny.

Just hoping this is a discussion for mid to late next week anyway. There’s a game on this weekend after all.....

PLEASE let me know if you guys do this! :pac:

salmocab wrote: »
    Mine is due Monday week, my last fella has a Leinster surname as his first, Conan. Could be a baby van der flier on the way.

Congrats. Conan is a good strong name all right. Van Der Flier is the perfect triple barrel D4 name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Hmmm a girl. Jamie. Everyone’s happy.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TV must have been very poor last April/May, mines due in 4 weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »

I was thinking something similar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I won't mock you. There are a lot of places in Dublin that do a cracking brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Well Ulster wouldnt have been on TV in may so that's that mystery solved ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Isa is a nice girls name I think. Isa Rocky Newlands Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

"Knock on ref..."

Knocked Up ref.....surely.:D

Conan The Babe Aryan......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

jacothelad wrote: »
    Knocked Up ref.....surely.:D

Conan The Babe Aryan......;)
    Sun's obviously well over the yardarm in your neck of the woods Jaco. :D

• Advertisement

Jesus...?? Ye were WIFE SWAPPING ? ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Congrats. Conan is a good strong name all right. Van Der Flier is the perfect triple barrel D4 name!

I feel vdf works for a boy or a girl, it’s basically a modern day Leslie.

Fardy for a girl sounds pretty hipster.

I’ll take all those suggestions under advisement folks, thanks. And I’ll let you know if we go with Jenny IBF!

As for Saturday, I see Russell and Gray are being rested on top of their injury list. They clearly aren’t targeting this game at all. We can def afford to rest a couple of guys that we are going to need fit and firing next week. I’m thinking specifically Fardy and Furlong. I’d even be inclined to give Deegan the start too. Conan has played a lot of rugby this season and Deegan has looked good any chance he’s gotten. I wouldn’t be worried about him this weekend at all.

Healy Cronin Bent
    Molony Toner
    Leavy Deegan VDF

McGrath Sexton
    Nacewa Henshaw
    Lowe Kearney Daly

Byrne, McGrath, Porter, Kearney, Murphy, JGP, Byrne, Larmour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Independent suggesting Larmour (at the expense of Kearney) and Lowe to start

Would love to see it!

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-rugby/lowe-and-larmour-poised-to-start-36477625.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

stephen_n wrote: »
    Fardy for a girl sounds pretty hipster.
    Sounds too closely related to eating beans.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »
    Sounds too closely related to eating beans.

With a Belfast accent maybe alright.

Assuming the Indo is correct. I wonder who will be benching.

One would assume:

B Byrne
    Healy
    Porter
    Molony
    Leavy
    McCarthy
    Byrne
    ROL

Probably a week too soon for Ryan and at this stage I really think they need to err on the side of caution with him.

B Byrne probably better suited to a looser game which I suspect this will be in the final 20.

Porter ahead of Bent based on some stunning interpro performances

Leavy the most unlucky man to bench. But Murphy has had some very good few weeks and Dan is just getting back

Possibly Rob to 23 shirt also.

Also, while Glasgow are potentially sending the babies, remember when we sent out the babies against Bath when we were out of the running?

Did a serious number on them - albeit at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Just get your tofu bacon and pear, gluten free sandwich and your cat pooh, fair trade coffee to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Good thing you support a bunch of ladyboys :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Also, while Glasgow are potentially sending the babies, remember when we sent out the babies against Bath when we were out of the running?

Did a serious number on them - albeit at home!

Leinster still had a very experienced team out that day. Glasgow wont have anywhere near as good a team out. Think leinster will win this one on a 35-15 ish scoreline

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Leinster still had a very experienced team out that day. Glasgow wont have anywhere near as good a team out. Think leinster will win this one on a 35-15 ish scoreline

I also reckon that will happen.

But I'm wary to underestimate some lesser known players who are raring to get noticed. They could well suprise us

Leinster have a habit of getting caught narrow too. And Glasgow love to play it wide.

Having said that. The pack we are due to name will not get dominated easily by any team. Good luck shipping the ball wide when your boys are getting decimated up front. Just ask Ulster :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Just get your tofu bacon and pear, gluten free sandwich and your cat pooh, fair trade coffee to go :D

I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Glasgow send out a seriously depleted side it's a big boost to us. As it stands, we've a 6 day turnaround to a match in France so any opportunity to empty the bench or protect some players is very welcome. I'd still expect them to come out and give us a good contest though.

Hopefully things go well and we can have the result wrapped up early on. We also have something of a useful situation where we'll know how Montpellier stand going into the final weekend given they play the day before. If they get even a LBP in Exeter, they'll be in with a strong chance of a runner up spot and will be going full throttle in round 6. If that's the case, I would say we empty the bench if and when the result is secured. The bonus point win should be secondary; we'll need guys like Sexton and McGrath fully fit and on form in France to get something there.

Glasgow have too many injuries to risk more in a dead rubber game away. They'll be rooting around the bottom of the barrell to make up a 23 that won't do any harm to their ambitions in the league. Never mind the super secret memo that Gregor has sent to Dave to keep the internationals well wrapped up in cotton wool. :)

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Glasgow have too many injuries to risk more in a dead rubber game away. They'll be rooting around the bottom of the barrell to make up a 23 that won't do any harm to their ambitions in the league. Never mind the super secret memo that Gregor has sent to Dave to keep the internationals well wrapped up in cotton wool. :)

I'm sure the French national coaches will be telling Montpellier to give our lads plenty of treatment with a host of them starting in Paris just a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm sure the French national coaches will be telling Montpellier to give our lads plenty of treatment with a host of them starting in Paris just a few weeks later.

I didn't realise Brunel spoke Afrikaans.

The way Scott Williams 'treated' BOD? :D

Buer wrote: »
    If Glasgow send out a seriously depleted side it's a big boost to us. As it stands, we've a 6 day turnaround to a match in France so any opportunity to empty the bench or protect some players is very welcome. I'd still expect them to come out and give us a good contest though.

Hopefully things go well and we can have the result wrapped up early on. We also have something of a useful situation where we'll know how Montpellier stand going into the final weekend given they play the day before. If they get even a LBP in Exeter, they'll be in with a strong chance of a runner up spot and will be going full throttle in round 6. If that's the case, I would say we empty the bench if and when the result is secured. The bonus point win should be secondary; we'll need guys like Sexton and McGrath fully fit and on form in France to get something there.

Yeah, given that I think we need to be targeting 26 points a TBP win this weekend really isn't all that important as it happens. We can't make 26 without winning in Montpellier either way. That said it will guarantee us top spot with 1 round to go unless Montpellier get a TBP win in Exeter.

Yeah, given that I think we need to be targeting 26 points a TBP win this weekend really isn't all that important as it happens. We can't make 26 without winning in Montpellier either way. That said it will guarantee us top spot with 1 round to go unless Montpellier get a TBP win in Exeter.

I can't see Montpellier getting much of anything in Exeter to be honest but it will be an interesting match all the same.

Some great matches this weekend and a huge number of critical fixtures. Leinster v Glasgow is actually probably down the lists in terms of likely spectacle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement