Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2018

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Indeed. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think Larry gogan usually gets the honour of playing the first Christmas song on 2fm but it’s much nearer the big day. Maybe the 1st of December

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think Larry gogan usually gets the honour of playing the first Christmas song on 2fm but it’s much nearer the big day. Maybe the 1st of December

I think the last couple of years it’s been November 30th to coincide with the toy show. It’s a lovely little tradition.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brown Thomas have their decorations up in store now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Die Hard on Channel 4 now, bloody loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Was in Northern Italy for a break this week-end, and some market stalls had beautiful Christmas decorations, wooden trees, cribs (and the little statues for the crib).

and that reminded me: Christmas markets in many cities would be open in just over a month's time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

On my way home from the dentist this evening , someone was putting Christmas lights up around their house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this on FB

463848.jpeg

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just seen this on FB

And was the first comment underneath, “it’s only bleedin’ October so it is.”

Loughc wrote: »
    And was the first comment underneath, “it’s only bleedin’ October so it is.”

Load of them!! But love this one marked in red

463851.jpeg

• Advertisement

The birthday card comment was amazing but I cannot stand those negative comments. Like how are unlit Christmas lights affecting these people in any way at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't think some people relies the work that is involved in putting up those lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I cannot stand those negative comments. Like how are unlit Christmas lights affecting these people in any way at all?

Agree 100%.
    Never understand the rush to criticise anything to do with christmas being mentioned or planned before some made up date in peoples heads... its like they wear it as a badge of honour,

The type that cant wait to roll their eyes or cry 'dont mention the c word' or suchlike until its christmas eve or something seem to be the majority nowadays & i find it so depressing that so may see christmas as something to be endured rather than welcomed & enjoyed... those of us that enjoy christmas & the build up are harming no one and enjoy that little beacon of brightness & joy in the distance, so leave us be while we allow ourselves be merry at the thought of good times to come. Sure beats being negative IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

For anyone who won’t be watching Bake Off (you should be ashamed of yourself!) Home Alone is on E4 at 8 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

For anyone who won’t be watching Bake Off (you should be ashamed of yourself!) Home Alone is on E4 at 8 tonight.

I was planning a quiet night on the couch playing the Xbox, but think Home Alone has just changed my mind :D

Brown Thomas

464060.jpeg

Oooh lovely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

One of the infamous Xmas decorations in Edinburgh has gone up!
    Makes the early morning starts and late finishes in work easier ... just a little!

fashionable-ideas-dome-christmas-lights-edinburgh-led-ge-home-depot.jpg

Just seen this on Twitter. It relates to the U.K.
    Anyone told you that it's too early for Xmas stock in the supermarkets? Here's a surprising bit of trivia for you: FOUR MILLION POUNDS were spent on mince pies in September alone.

Hahahaha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

razorblunt wrote: »
    One of the infamous Xmas decorations in Edinburgh has gone up!
    Makes the early morning starts and late finishes in work easier ... just a little!
    Oh I love Edinburgh, and it is one of the most Christmassy cities for me !
    I was there last in early Nov last year and it was so seasonal with the decorations, shortbread, hot toddies...

It's my distinct pleasure to lock this thread as we are no longer out of season! :)

We will see you all again in the 2019 Out of Season thread in late Jan 2019. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement