Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arson Vegner

Options
  • 06-01-2018 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42577635

I can't bear to spell his name properly in the thread headline such is the revulsion I feel on hearing his name. I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of football news stories in the media every single day of the week.

Football, especially British football, must be the most unattractive and ugly sport that the world has ever seen.

Today Wegner, a grunt of a football manager has been handed out a fine and a temporary ban because of a disgusting thoughtless comment. But who could expect a football manager would be capable of thinking? The world of football is replete with these kinds of revolting stories on a consistent basis.

He has been in the news almost every day of the last week. Those who have no interest in the game of football can't help but know who he is. One can't get away from it. Ditto other grunts like Jose Mourinho etc etc.

Every single day we have to listen to the drone of ugly foodball managers talking absolute tosh in front of an advertising stand and all presented as if they were talking about something serious or important. The garbage they talk is so cringworthy is can even be funny sometimes.

What is it with football mangers? Why are they so ugly in appearance. Why are they so revered. Have you seen that ugly fat cat Sam Allardyce who was sacked as England manager due to corruption only to be reinstated as manager for another team a short time later. Revolting.

Watching them shout at the lads on the field during a game makes me laugh. Pathetic machismo.

The whole scene to me is corrupt and ugly. To think that the media presents this sport as a virtuous passtime to me , well, it makes me despair.

I like to watch TV especially the news channels but I wish in this technologically advanced age their would be a way to completely filter out football news from my viewing. Instead the names of grunt footballers and grunt managers are imprinted on my brain when I have no interest in this low brow tribal sport whatsoever.

I can only describe the whole scene of football as the most unattractive, corrupt, common, ugly activity the world has to endure. So pervasive it is that ppl have to pretend that they are interested in it lest they be though less of a a man if they said they weren't.

I think this picture really sums up British tribal football in a nutshell.

man83.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I dunno. I find football easy to ignore. I do this by ignoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

AH was my safe space.
    Until tonight
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Looks like a general in the SS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

endacl wrote: »
    I dunno. I find football easy to ignore. I do this by ignoring it.

You and me both chief. I get up early of a weekend just to ignore it a little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You've just brought football related stuff to a tonne of people who probably were sick of reading about football stuff. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

That is a he'll of a rant 😆

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

You're not an Arsenal fan thoroughly sick of being in that 'good but never going to be good enough' purgatory by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That's a load of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

LOUD NOISES

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You're the firestarter, twisted firestarter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

AllForIt wrote: »
    I like to watch TV especially the news channels but I wish in this technologically advanced age their would be a way to completely filter out football news from my viewing. Instead the names of grunt footballers and grunt managers are imprinted on my brain when I have no interest in this low brow tribal sport whatsoever.
    If you like to watch the telly, the news is the place you'd most likely see football-related stuff, and that's usually at a certain part of the news programme. You should invest in a remote control. They can make these football reports go away.

And as others have said, you are bringing football to others who would usually avoid it, especially by the intentional misspelling in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

See that's the problem with Arson Vegner, he always tries to walk it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

What is it with football mangers? Why are they so ugly in appearance.

mick-mccarthy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

437928.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Did you watch that ludicrous display last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Omackeral wrote: »
    You've just brought football related stuff to a tonne of people who probably were sick of reading about football stuff. Well done.

I never heard of Gin Bars until you wielded your sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Football is god awful but I find it's easy to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I love it. The beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not confined to football. Our own games has managers and coaches getting under the counter payments and arguing with officials seems to be latest tactic.
    As for spouting rubbish in front of an advertisement board...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Arsene Wegner, more like arsehole wanker, am I right?

• Advertisement

It seems the OP likes tennis.

A great sport. But when this topic is littered with references to common, low brow etc. is there more than a little snobbery involved in your choice of sports?

I mean, there's plenty of ugly and droning on in tennis, let's be honest. And we all know now about the corruption, the drugs, worse still the circling the wagons on the drugs.

There's a serious disconnect for football fans where they don't realise it's the same as someone banging on about Rocket League or Halo for hours on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

diomed wrote: »

Nothing could be so untrue. In fact it was a paedophile who is currently in prison who coined that phrase. The Ugly Game would be much more appropriate.

It's not the game itself. It's the people.

Football seems to attract the worst kinds of ppl in society.

You know what ppl say about football. "Oh it's not a game or a sport, it's something bigger than that".

That is exactly what is disgusting about it. Because football is the pastime of pugnacious men who couldn't care less about sportsmanship or sport. Rather football is an outlet for their pent up untamed aggression. Where being a complete ignoramus is allowed and indeed welcomed.

You see it all the time, chanting during the game, paying little attention to whats going on. Bitching like women in the pub about this guy and that guy. Insulting players left right an center just for the pure enjoyment of it.

That's all reflected in the 'sports news'. Every day stories about complete pigs either being caught doing drugs, behaving badly including behaving badly towards women especially, driving offences and so on and so on.

The most rotten think about football is that is serves as a proxy for grunt male bad behaviour. Calling ppl fags, wooses, N word, whatever makes them feel big. And all of this is done by fat larger louts who couldn't run up from one side of the pitch to the other without collapsing for shear exhaustion.

And all of this rottenness is on full display via after match 'interviews' with a huge dose of ADVERTISING at the same time.

And do you know what part of it really stinks for me - that somehow following football is a virtue. As if one couldn't be considered a sports person if one doesn't follow football. Most football supporters, the vast majority , are beer guzzling unfit knackers and we all know it. And to watch or listen to those sorts of nobodies 'discussing' the in's and out's of a game they just watched is laughable. Football 'experts', when the vast majority of the time they are bitching about this player and that and hardly ever about the actual game itself.

All of this is mirrored by what we see on TV every day.. Ppl actually admire these grunt football mangers. Ppl seem to aspire to be like them.. rich, thick, arrogant, ugly - and expect to be admired for being just that amongst their brotherhood. The whole sport sticks from high heaven and I can't for the life of me understand why noone else voices the same opinions as mine because I'm absolutely certain beyond any doubt whatsoever that there is a huge proportion of ppl like me who are sick to death of this most gutter of sports.

It seems the OP likes tennis.

A great sport. But when this topic is littered with references to common, low brow etc. is there more than a little snobbery involved in your choice of sports?

Every day stories about complete pigs either being caught doing drugs, behaving badly including behaving badly towards women especially, driving offences and so on and so on.

The most rotten think about football is that is serves as a proxy for grunt male bad behaviour. Calling ppl fags, wooses, N word, whatever makes them feel big. And all of this is done by fat larger louts who couldn't run up from one side of the pitch to the other without collapsing for shear exhaustion.

And all of this rottenness is on full display via after match 'interviews' with a huge dose of ADVERTISING at the same time.

And do you know what part of it really stinks for me - that somehow following football is a virtue. As if one couldn't be considered a sports person if one doesn't follow football. Most football supporters, the vast majority , are beer guzzling unfit knackers and we all know it...

Well I guess that cleared that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Nothing could be so untrue. In fact it was a paedophile who is currently in prison who coined that phrase. The Ugly Game would be much more appropriate.

You know what ppl say about football. "Oh it's not a game or a sport, it's something bigger than that".

That is exactly what is disgusting about it. Because football is the pastime of pugnacious men who couldn't care less about sportsmanship or sport. Rather football is an outlet for their pent up untamed aggression. Where being a complete ignoramus is allowed and indeed welcomed.

You see it all the time, chanting during the game, paying little attention to whats going on. Bitching like women in the pub about this guy and that guy. Insulting players left right an center just for the pure enjoyment of it.

That's all reflected in the 'sports news'. Every day stories about complete pigs either being caught doing drugs, behaving badly including behaving badly towards women especially, driving offences and so on and so on.

And do you know what part of it really stinks for me - that somehow following football is a virtue. As if one couldn't be considered a sports person if one doesn't follow football. Most football supporters, the vast majority , are beer guzzling unfit knackers and we all know it. And to watch or listen to those sorts of nobodies 'discussing' the in's and out's of a game they just watched is laughable. Football 'experts', when the vast majority of the time they are bitching about this player and that and hardly ever about the actual game itself.

All of this is mirrored by what we see on TV every day.. Ppl actually admire these grunt football mangers. Ppl seem to aspire to be like them.. rich, thick, arrogant, ugly - and expect to be admired for being just that amongst their brotherhood. The whole sport sticks from high heaven and I can't for the life of me understand why noone else voices the same opinions as mine because I'm absolutely certain beyond any doubt whatsoever that there is a huge proportion of ppl like me who are sick to death of this most gutter of sports.

So what you're saying is football isn't for you?

That's too bad. It's a really good game. Like, really good.

The World Cup is wonderful. A feast of fantastic football.
    I've watched every match from the 1966 final to now (unless two games were on at the same time).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

diomed wrote: »

*gags*

The number of soccer referees in the world is greater than the population of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭buried

Why oh why do other people be enjoyin what I don't be liking

giphy.gif

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If you don't like it you can always

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement