Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary in Ennis - any guess of who?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Hard to believe two of these lowlifes was granted bail today ??
    One if the few occasions the guards catch a traveller gang red handed and the judge already starts watering down the case by granting bail ffs!
    The solicitor Herbert must be badly stuck for a few quid representing these evil fcukers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The solicitor is an officer of the court doing his job.
    It's best that all defendants have representation and get a fair trial in open court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

John connors thinks its the medias fault.

This man being a celebrity in Ireland nowadays says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is it those feckin Chinese lads again ?

It's not the Chinese, it's the Greeks he's after!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Has anyone heard the un human rights ad's on the radio recently? They seem to have ratcheted up in frequency in the last few months. A cynical man might say that its at the behest of a a certain group advocating for irelands newest ethnic minority, to try and soften the idea that they are indeed a different race. Whispering niceties in your ear while their hands are in your pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

retalivity wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the un human rights ad's on the radio recently? They seem to have ratcheted up in frequency in the last few months. A cynical man might say that its at the behest of a a certain group advocating for irelands newest ethnic minority, to try and soften the idea that they are indeed a different race. Whispering niceties in your ear while their hands are in your pockets.

Havent heard the ad but I do believe in the theory of the media being used to influence the wider populations acceptance of different things.

I do believe My big fat gypsy wedding coincided with the travelling community becoming more prevalent and brazen. Everyone thought it was a joke/funny/entertaining but look back at those shows and I bet you dont see any of the 'men' and if you do theyve all got the same blurred face.

What other section of society acts as they do and continually appear to avoid any long term consequence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Hopefully Operation Thor seems to be making some headway, judging by recent stories.

Only problem is when they find themselves in front of a judge, and found guilty, they'll get another suspended sentence, or another ridiculously light sentence, and they'll be out doing it again by next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Knacker scum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Knacker scum

Fair play to you Brendan, that will be taken down in a couple of hours. Padraig Nally should make a comeback

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Genuine question, are there not also large sections of settled society, i.e. living in "certain" estates (you know the ones, every 3rd house boarded up or burnt out) who are regularly in the local papers under "courts" getting a suspended sentence for conviction number 57?
    Mostly burglary, drugs, assault or theft? It cannot only be a certain "ethnic" group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

All from Limerick city. One of them was buying silage while the other three wandered into the house by accident. Didn't even wake the old man from his afternoon nap.

Good sting operation by the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Genuine question, are there not also large sections of settled society, i.e. living in "certain" estates (you know the ones, every 3rd house boarded up or burnt out) who are regularly in the local papers under "courts" getting a suspended sentence for conviction number 57?
    Mostly burglary, drugs, assault or theft? It cannot only be a certain "ethnic" group.

There are 30000 travellers in Ireland according to the 2016 census. They are disproportionaly represented in our prisons, courts and burgled homes & farmyards. I know they are not all bad, some very decent traveller people.

Doesn't diminish the fact that many travellers have zero respect for society and law. Same can be said of settled people but the numbers are more diluted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

scumbags. throw away the key would be easier and cheaper.

these people needon't be given a lesson butility instead will just get slap on wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Seeing as this thread seems overly interested in insulting a particular sector of the population than discussing the story, I think we'll call it a day. Thanks to all for their, ah... contributions, yeah,

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement