Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hopefully not, that backline of Cork will concede a few tonight. Limerick should be winning this with a few PTS to spare. It's not a strong Cork side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭moby2101

We have invaded Cork en masse!! Came down last night, great atmosphere with the fine weather and the Cork lads are great craic
    I cant see anything but a strong Limerick win

Cork will run hard at our Midfield and backline and are capable of scoring goals, Hoggie will pop over every free that Stack will give against us, we need to be more clinical in the tackle

Expect a high scoring game but their backs without Joyce will be pulled around the place by O Neill and Lynch rotating positions.
    Limerick by 5

Hon Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭einn32

Cork have been ferocious. Few wides creeping in though now. We're playing ok at times. Our backline is getting pulled apart. Hopefully the wind makes a difference for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Cork fitness has improved so much. Fair play to them. They play the full 75 minutes these days. We looked tired from 65 minutes on and couldn't get the ball. DOD was a big loss in midfield. Lynch came in to the game a little bit. O Connor did ok. English impact was good. Byrnes frees just aren't working. Munster championship is just insane! Waterford will be another ferocious battle I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭biglad40

underwhelming to say the least. To let a four point lead like that go isn’t Kiely style limerick. We looked gassed at 65 mins. For the penalty should have been chopped down way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,868 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Being down to our 3rd choice corner back hurt us. Not sure it was gassed but more Cork fighting for their lives.

Thought we should have dropped someone into the square for the last few minutes.

does head to head or points difference come first. I think it’s head to head to cork failing to tipp next week and we are through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

I turned to Mrs Sliabh when ye went ahead and said Limerick are simply unstopable. How Cork hung on and won is to be admired Great management by Pat Ryan to tell hoggie not to go long we have learned from 2013. I still cant believe we beat ye. How times have changed if its not us I hope ye lift Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i actually taught the same , some come back again , we couldnt get close to that in ennis a few weeks ago ,

on the game itself kyle hayes had another fine game up to the kingston challenge ,and heagerty has an engine that i have never seen before in him he is quality . was the limerick bench too slow in brining on o'dalaigh tonight were they too slow in taking off hannon or did it even make a difference i would love to have known what that conversation between kiely and kinnerk was about before the changes were made , personally i cant see past limerick but the only way they could falter is if waterford back up the davey talk in a few weeks time cant see it happening though, some game though , up there with cork v tipp in the early 90s

• Advertisement

Why was Gillane taken off? Surely could have used him as an outlet at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Quitelife

incredible scenes after the final whistle tonight as Cork celebrated big time , best of luck to them , must be match of the year !

Never in my lifetime would I have thought I would see a Cork team celebrating a win over Limerick so much! It's great for a Limerick team to be involved in games like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

if the kyle hayes foul on kingston was given as a free in , and limerick won by a point it would be regarded as a huge limerick win , why , for 50 minutes cork were on top and in total control , limerick done exactly what they done in ennis and got back in front didnt panic and showed how it was done until the black card

a few weeks ago a comment came up her something like a win up in ennis would be something lads wouldn't it , in my opinion that says to me that most people in limerick doesn't know just how this limerick team is , if this was the team of tom condon , mike ryan or andrew o'shaughnessy fine but this limerick team is 1930s mick mackey territory an incredible team , lynch , kyle hayes and hagerty were excellent tonight , conor boylan and O'Neill were excellent too, there is a huge worry in the half back line tonight between barnes and hannon though

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

limerick could not keep up with that Cork team tonight.

Kiely not impressed going by his interview after. We should have seen it out really. Sounds like Hannon came off injured. I just thought the legs were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Limerick were immense but Hannon doesn't have 70 mins in him anymore and Byrnes has lost form in a big way. Cork were outstanding in parts...hard to live with. What a game of ball.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭High bike

Just wondering did anyone see the incident with Kyle in the first half as all the officials obviously missed it

biggest winners today were tipp. Cork will be exhausted after that win. Like the nfl 49ners of the 90 s. If you beat them you will flop next game due to the exerts of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Great game but Limerick will be a different animal in Croke Park, but yeah lovely weather and a great game of hurling there's no beating it!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Well Cork have been also rans for the last twenty years, and Limericks success over the last five and six years speaks for itself.

It was also about Cork finally coming out on the right side of a close game as well imo.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

No only saw the aftermath. No replays either. He was down for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭C4000

Declan Dalton jabbed him in the balls with the hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Things remain the same for tipp, win our two remaining games in Thurles and we're in the Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭moby2101

What a game, best match of the season. Worryingly we struggled to get a foothold in the first half, we didn’t get to grips with Corks puck outs Collins puck outs caused problems in our half back line, Despite being 8 down we got back in quick, Cork had Lynchs number and he wasn’t able to make those telling passes. Flanagan was back to himself, Was Glllane scoreless from play? Ref got most of the calls spot on , tough physical encounter from both teams no play acting or bollocksing. Couple of our lads , Hannan Reidy Dan looked tired out there. Start English for Reidy, hope Finn and Daragh can start also . 2 weeks break to get back to winning ways. Congrats to Cork.

I can’t understand why cork got so much ball on puck outs in our half back line. They have been gobbled up last 4 years it’s like but they being outjumped all day long. Were we expecting a running game only ? Also the space for the penalty was shocking. Like we switched off. Kiely was definitely fuming in the presser afterwards

was right beside it , Declan Dalton was trash talking in Hayes ear from the get go and seemed to be also trash talking into Hannons ear . Hayes was getting some water from Limerick manor uisce on the sideline in front of north stand and Dalton ran over between Hayes and make uisce in case there was any instructions been passed on , seemed to insult the mair uisce as he turned off field and flicked rather than jabbed Hayes in the private’s with the side of the Hurley in a very quick motion ( not his first time doing it ) . The linesman that side was not looking in that direction despite been ten metres away but watching a free the other end . Dalton looks like a wrong one judging by many of his actions in the game something one wouldn’t normally associate with Cork Hurling . Then again a lot of cork fans were booing Hayes throughout the game which was vey uncork like and took a bit from what was a great occasion.

correct me if I’m wrong but tipp cork is a draw we are guaranteed at least 3 rd spot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Limerick will not get worse than 3rd unless they get absolutely hockeyed by Waterford

Limerick have Tipp on H2H and have Clare on H2H. Their score difference is good too.

Post edited by callaway92 on

• Advertisement

don’t think limerick have cork on a head to head seeing as cork won last night , It’s going to be a big game in Gaelic grounds Sunday week and Limerick need everyone to get there !
    there was a great Limerick crowd last night circa 15-20K but a huge Cork crowd making it one of the few times Limerick fans were outnumbered which does help in such a raucous atmosphere.

Advertisement