Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestle Kingdom 12 Live Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was great fun fair play to them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Amazing match to be fair, didn't expect Jericho to do so well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really enjoyed that match, and I was glad there wasn't a load of BC or Young Bucks interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Great match, those winged angels look rough for him to take, I winched both times he connected. Great match though. What Owens and Jericho needed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How prestigious does the IWGP title look? An amazing belt.

• Advertisement

Crowd still going insane after 5 and 1/2 hours

Okada looks so strange in tights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Okada looks so strange in tights

im getting fandango vibe from them

The right result. Fantastic match

My God that was something else, another level. So great.

Thought Naito was winning for sure. So I presume Kenny wins from Okada and Kenny has Ibushi this time next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

result for me took away from a great match

Kenny beats okada in long beach maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There was never a better time for Naito to win. You have the backstory of him being rejected by the fans at WK 8, his heel turn and road to becoming the biggest heel in Japan but this time beloved by fans. They wanted him to win the title at the biggest stage. Then Okada's story of his title defence bringing him closer and closer to breaking point. His challengers matching him step for step and coming closer and closer to losing on every occasion. Everything really should have culminated in a Natio win here.

sky88 wrote: »
    result for me took away from a great match

Kenny beats okada in long beach maybe

I think that makes sense, I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going to see can i get a copy of the event or just the y2j vs Omega match

sounds like it was a good event

edit- about too watch it now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The commentary team are doing a pretty good job I think. Makes a refreshing change to hear the action in the ring actually being called as it happens

Even though I don't speak a lick of Japanese, I watched some of the show with the Japanese commentary, the passion is intense..

Clegg wrote: »
    There was never a better time for Naito to win. You have the backstory of him being rejected by the fans at WK 8, his heel turn and road to becoming the biggest heel in Japan but this time beloved by fans. They wanted him to win the title at the biggest stage. Then Okada's story of his title defence bringing him closer and closer to breaking point. His challengers matching him step for step and coming closer and closer to losing on every occasion. Everything really should have culminated in a Natio win here.
    Could they have Naito win at New Year Dash? Or has his chance gone?

Just spoiler tagged in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Even though I don't speak a lick of Japanese, I watched some of the show with the Japanese commentary, the passion is intense..

This is what really sold me on Japanese commentary. Yuji Nagata's final G1 match of his career is a losing effort to Bad Luck Fale. I've no idea what the commentator is saying but you can tell how big a moment this was and how much Nagata meant to him and the fans just by his tone of voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvI2nFes6-Y

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote:

Hai!!

Think everyone can agree with this.

https://twitter.com/hairywrestling/status/948904757997047809
    I just watched 6 hours of pro wrestling without getting bored or sick of it. That's what #WrestleKingdom is all about #NJWK12

Apart from the Switchblade match I wasn't bored once.

• Advertisement

I wasn't bored once - really didn't feel the time passing at all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did they have an intermission?

Not at all, not even an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They really missed out on a Kid Rock or MG Kelly concert then so with fireworks & other fluff

Now, let everyone boo Flo Rida for 20 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wow, fair play to them then. Great to achievement to organise an event that big for that long.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/948905931307302912
    To celebrate the New Year, tomorrow's live stream of NJPW's NEW YEAR DASH will be free! Stay tuned on http://njpwworld.com

Starts @ 09:30 Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could they have Naito win at New Year Dash? Or has his chance gone?

Just spoiler tagged in case.

New Year's Dash is usually just tag matches. It's not like Raw with another big title match the following night. New Japan books long in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Okada match wasnt that great imo but i guess the story added alot to it, which i didnt know before hand, and obviously such a thing adds alot to a match.

only tuned in from KES v Evil and Sanada. Lance Hoyt FTW. Heels got heat , decent match.

Suziki ( not correct spelling) is my new favorite wrestler m no nosense, ill slap the **** outta you stick was believable and enjoyable.

Four way.....WOW ..... i thought Scrull would be limited but really under estimated his abilities, i think he transformed it from a spotfest to a thriller.

Jay White was a dud, did not enjoy it, the frog splashe finish didnt look right at all.

Omega v Jericho was everything you hoped for. Props to Jericho, and look forward to reading about his approach to the match in his next book. Clinic

Okada while a grand match, i was disappointed, maybe due to commentators overselling the odds on the match being 7 stars and not a great storyline understanding. Both dont have a unique aesthetic and seem quite stereotypical of what a japanesse wrestler represents in this age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I thought it was an incredible show and one of the best top to bottom shows that I've seen. Jericho vs Omega was tremendous. All of Jericho's signature stuff was really over and he was absolutely brilliant in the match. That must have been the best Jericho match in at least the last ten years.

Suzuki vs Goto was a physical war, the second time in a row for Goto at the Dome. I love how intimidating Suzuki is with everything he does, even when he came back into the ring to shave his head. I liked them having the young lions prevent the Other Suzuki-gun members interfering in the match after Suzuki beating on them all year.

The four way for the Junior title was nuts. The closing stretch from when Hiromu freed himself and started hitting those sunset flips was breathtaking, and everything I wanted from the match. I was also happy that they paid off the Ospreay/Scurll story with Ospreay finally beating him, despite thinking that Hiromu was about to win on a few occasions. Hopefully we'll get that Ospreay/Hiromu singles match soon, and that Hiromu can get some of that aura back that he had early last year.

The pop for Naito before the main event was incredible. 34,995 was the figure given for paid attendance, so fair play to Naito and Okada for that. It's a match that I will definitely have to re-watch, because I felt underwhelmed while the match was happening (probably as a result of all the madness earlier in the show, this been on over five hours into the show, and this worked as a typical New Japan style main event), yet when I thought about it after there was so much great storytelling in the match. Naito was desperate to hit his old Stardust finisher, and then that last couples of minutes left me stunned. Naito hitting that Destino, then holding onto the wrist of Okada and going for another Destino instead of the cover cost him.

I thought there was nothing bad on the show, Tanahashi vs White was the only disappointment as it fell flat, and needed to be great when it was in the middle of such great matches. I was happy to see Beretta pick up the winning fall in the six man which was significant. There was even effort put into the booking of the Rumble, with Liger and Tiger Mask going against the Suzuki-gun Juniors with them feuding since the BOSJ. Looking forward now to seeing what happens at Dash to see what happens next.

Advertisement