Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP now NRNB for Champ Races in C'ham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

danganabu wrote: »
    So? How does that effect my free bet?

Free bet? Elaborate. You do realise if he's unplaced you lose your money ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Flaky??

Douvan should be in a hospital he’s got more creaks in him than my grandpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

lemush wrote: »
    Free bet? Elaborate. You do realise if he's unplaced you lose your money ya?

You understand how the exchanges work yes?? What price do you think he will trade at the morning of the race if lining up?

BumperD wrote: »
    Douvan should be in a hospital he’s got more creaks in him than my grandpa

Please tell me more, you are obviously better informed than the rest of us, what are all these injuries he has had, and why on earth would Mullins run him if he didnt think he had him at lest 90%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Please tell me more, you are obviously better informed than the rest of us, what are all these injuries he has had, and why on earth would Mullins run him if he didnt think he had him at lest 90%

Lets take last years Champion Chase as a prime example... :o

• Advertisement

You understand how the exchanges work yes?? What price do you think he will trade at the morning of the race if lining up?

You backed him each way at 7/1 in order to trade on the day?! Jesus Christ. You have just backed him to place at about half the price he would be to place on the exchange on the day of the race. If they all turn up he'll be trading 5+ in the win market on the day, with his injury problems, interrupted campaign and no prep run the layers will be out in force.

You backed him each way at 7/1 in order to trade on the day?! Jesus Christ. You have just backed him to place at about half the price he would be to place on the exchange on the day of the race. If they all turn up he'll be trading 5+ in the win market on the day, with his injury problems, interrupted campaign and no prep run the layers will be out in force.

Douvan at 5s on the day lol you are absolutley mental :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lets take last years Champion Chase as a prime example... :o

How is that in any way comparable or relevant, he was not coming back from any setback at the time, apples and oranges, Mullins will not run him unless he is compleltely satisfied he is back to or very near his best, this is not some handicaper we are talking about, its amazing how quickly people forget how incredibly good this horse is.

How is that in any way comparable or relevant, he was not coming back from any setback at the time, apples and oranges, Mullins will not run him unless he is compleltely satisfied he is back to or very near his best, this is not some handicaper we are talking about, its amazing how quickly people forget how incredibly good this horse is.

There was a lot of talk (no smoke without fire and look how true it turned out eh) that he wasn't right last year, yet Mullins ran him, he finished tailed off, and hasn't ran since.

Quite comparable I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I think you have utterly missed the Point. Name all these value horses in the ap market, forget the flaky Douvan that you’ve backed.

• Advertisement

Douvan at 5s on the day lol you are absolutley mental :D

5+ on the exchange is what I said, which the last time I checked isn't "5s". To quote your good self, "you do know how the exchange works yes?" Enjoy your each way trade lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

What is their to beat in the Champion Chase?

Altior hasn't been seen this season and he is not 100% to make it.

If Douvan turns up he will be around 9/4, if Altior doesn't turn up he will be Evs.

Wouldn't put anyone off backing him at 5's.

Nuts102 wrote: »

If Douvan turns up he will be around 9/4, if Altior doesn't turn up he will be Evs.

Altior and Politologue could be missing, Colin Tizzard himself could be riding Fox Norton and Douvan still wouldn't be even money. The horse has more holes in him than the titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

People saying 4/1 NRNB for Yorkhill in CH is a horrible price??

What planet are ye on!

IF Yorkhill runs, it means Faugheen doesn't run
    It means its effectively a match between these 2 with Melon, Tent and a few others fighting it out for 3rd in my opinion. Yorkhill would give BD loads and could very well beat it!! I think BD's win against a piss poor field in Newcastle is making people think it is a Faugheen/Hurricane Fly class horse...its not!

If Yorkhill runs in the CH w/o faugheen you wont get anything like 4/1! You will get 2/1 at best.
    And, if Faugheen runs, and Yorkhill doesn't, you get your money back.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Altior and Politologue could be missing, Colin Tizzard himself could be riding Fox Norton and Douvan still wouldn't be even money. The horse has more holes in him than the titanic.

Lol what?? You are aware he went off 2/9 last year? And he was like 5 lengths off the lead jumping the last? With a fractured pelvis. He wasn't exactly tailed off now. If he lines up that means he's fit and well and if there's no Altior and no Yorkhill, there is no chance he'll be much bigger than even money.

I backed faugheen douvan double nrnb with EXCELLENT prices, and if they both turn up, u can be sure they wont be close to those prices
    And if they don't...........money back

Was getting very worried about this thread until the last few comments, glad that there are some that can see value when its there. 7/1 Douvan NRNB and 4/1 Faugheen NRNB are two of the bets of the season and I wouldnt swap them for anything in the current Cheltenham markets.

What is the jazz with Altior anyway? Wind op shouldn't keep him out for this long. Is there chat of him missing Cheltenham?

Lol what?? You are aware he went off 2/9 last year? And he was like 5 lengths off the lead jumping the last? With a fractured pelvis. He wasn't exactly tailed off now. If he lines up that means he's fit and well and if there's no Altior and no Yorkhill, there is no chance he'll be much bigger than even money.

That's one of the worst comparisons ever made. How is last years Douvan, the imperious horse with a record of 13/13 for Mullins the same horse as this year's Douvan who broke his pelvis in the race last year, is apparently bleeding at home and can't be kept sound to even get to the racecourse.
    Being fit and well doesn't mean a horse is right and nobody not even Mullins will know until after the race. You cannot replicate a race at home or at a racecourse gallop. The layers will be falling over themselves to take him on. It's all immaterial anyway as he won't be seen again imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

That's one of the worst comparisons ever made. How is last years Douvan, the imperious horse with a record of 13/13 for Mullins the same horse as this year's Douvan who broke his pelvis in the race last year, is apparently bleeding at home and can't be kept sound to even get to the racecourse.
    Being fit and well doesn't mean a horse is right and nobody not even Mullins will know until after the race. You cannot replicate a race at home or at a racecourse gallop. The layers will be falling over themselves to take him on. It's all immaterial anyway as he won't be seen again imho.

Do you have a reliable source that douvan is bleeding at home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

It's still the same horse. If it's crocked it won't be running and it will only run if they believe it will do itself justice. He really won't be as easy to back as you're saying if he was to line up. But yeah it's all moot anyway cos he probably won't be running.

Nuts102 wrote: »

With question marks over the top two, I would consider it an open contest. I'd be looking to take a decent price for something like cloudy dream or top notch on the day depending on what happens between now and the day. I definitely wouldn't be pinning my colours to the mast of a horse that hadn't run in a year.

handsfree2 wrote: »
    With question marks over the top two, I would consider it an open contest. I'd be looking to take a decent price for something like cloudy dream or top notch on the day depending on what happens between now and the day. I definitely wouldn't be pinning my colours to the mast of a horse that hadn't run in a year.

Such as Altior................

Totally different situations altogether but then again you thought Davy Russell could ride in the national hunt chase which says enough really.

Yeah, I meant him too. I can't have a horse who hasn't run in open company. Especially at a short price. I'll pick something else on the day.

Totally different situations altogether but then again you thought Davy Russell could ride in the national hunt chase which says enough really.

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

5+ on the exchange is what I said, which the last time I checked isn't "5s". To quote your good self, "you do know how the exchange works yes?" Enjoy your each way trade lol.

Isn't 5+ 5 or more? 5 being a less mental price than 6's and so on

Not a chance he will be near 5+ on the day

Shemale wrote: »
    Isn't 5+ 5 or more? 5 being a less mental price than 6's and so on

Not a chance he will be near 5+ on the day

5 on the exchange is not "5s". 5s is 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

People saying 4/1 NRNB for Yorkhill in CH is a horrible price??

What planet are ye on!

IF Yorkhill runs, it means Faugheen doesn't run
    It means its effectively a match between these 2 with Melon, Tent and a few others fighting it out for 3rd in my opinion. Yorkhill would give BD loads and could very well beat it!! I think BD's win against a piss poor field in Newcastle is making people think it is a Faugheen/Hurricane Fly class horse...its not!

If Yorkhill runs in the CH w/o faugheen you wont get anything like 4/1! You will get 2/1 at best.
    And, if Faugheen runs, and Yorkhill doesn't, you get your money back.....
    Just asking can a horse that has never won a hurdle race higher than novice grade and rated 154 beat a seasoned grade 1 winner rated 15 lb higher than Yorkhill.Imo he will not be 2/1 or less on the day if a runner in the Champion hurdle based on facts above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Just backed Bachasson for the Gold cup at 33s. I've always been a fan of his but massively disappointed when he went for the Albert Bartlet last year and ran poorly.

It's NRNB and he's probably better suited to the Ryanair but I'm mostly just pissed that I could have got 50s this morning with Bet365. He's a big longshot but his jumping of a fence is very very good. Perfect style for a 3m chaser, just does enough.

Can't say it's a great punt now but had to go in for it

Advertisement