Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards.ie Draft sign up 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Now to figure out how to log in on my phone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Great to hear she's in the mend!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Now to figure out how to log in on my phone

Ah cookies wasnt turned on......... problem solved.

Ok guys,

I shall leave the sign up thread open for another night and from 12pm tomorrow we shall begin the PW Draft 2018.

18 signed up for now but I will cap it at 20. 18 might suit the slightly rejigged format better.

To those unfamiliar with the draft, as stated it will begin tomorrow at 12pm Ireland time.

The aim of this game is to create a fantasy roster over the next few weeks. , and then put together a fantasy card in which you describe how you'd book the line-up you have assembled.

There will be 15 rounds of drafting. Those signed up will be randomly assigned a position from 1-18 tomorrow for round 1.

While the rules are all listed below, I'd like to remind people that most rounds will be random, though some will see picks organized based on particular factors.

Also if said spots are full, throw your name on anyway so you can be on the reserve list. We always seem to have 1 or 2 people who for whatever reason cant continue, so throw your name down if you fancy it.

NOTE: As an act of courtesy, we ask that after a player has made their pick for the draft, they check the list to see who is next and send them a friendly PM reminder, so as to keep things flowing smoothly.

THE RULES

The rules are as follows (It's advised new players read over these rules, but are also highly encouraged to ask questions if there is any confusion. Myself and Bounty hunter can answer any query so pop us a Private Message if you need any help!). PLEASE READ THE RULES AS THERE ARE CHANGES TO THE GAME.

Picks Thread

Draft Order : The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website. The order of certain rounds may not be random and will be made clear before said rounds.

World Titles: World titles, as defined in the game, are considered as the following:
    WWE World Title, WWE Universal Title, World Heavyweight Title/WCW (aka The Big Gold one), TNA, NWA and IWGP world championship(the majot title in NJPW)

(Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game. )

Any WWE Womens title shall now be also considered a world title for the first time ever.

Tag Teams:
    Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the DIY , you don'y have to pick Johnny Gargano in one round and Tommaso Ciampa in another. Both can be picked up together in one pick. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie You can't draft The Rockers as a tag team, as Shawn Michaels has had held a World Championship (World Championships are defined above so read carefully)
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months (if in doubt, ask myself or BH)
    - Inter gender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Saturn and Malenko, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.
    - 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster

Eligible Promotions:
    WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW, anything historically going under the NWA banner.

Time Frame:
    Usually we have an pre 1970’2 rule in which you can not pick anyone who debuted pre 1970. This rule is abolished

- To determine wrestler debuts we will use Wikipedia as in previous years. If you feel the Wikipedia entry is incorrect you can PM me or one of the mods to state your case.

- people who would be considerd Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligable to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Dark matches and try out matches will not be valid cases this year for selecting a wrestler.

- Managers and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Commentators have not been included in recent years.

Trades:
    Trades are allowed from a certain round (will be announced) onwards but you are limited it 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it's superstars your trading, not goes in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligable to be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 5 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds: Some rounds will have pick restrictions or stiplulations. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organizer. Stip rounds will alter who you can and can't pick for a particular round.

Missed Picks
    The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen

Write Up Rules / Changes

Once the picks are made and rosters are assembled, then the write ups. Traditionally its been a rule of 4/5 shows (weekly shows with a PPV at the end) is the maximum amount of shows a player could post.

This year its all changed. Players will be permitted 4 posts maximum.

1 post that will be your company statement – This will outline your company history and roster.

1 post that will preview your PPV – This will be a post dedicated to how your PPV came about, like a preview post. It will outline whos feuding with who, why the feuds began, how they escalated and what their status is before the PPV and how they turned into matches for your PPV.

2 PPV posts – This is your show, and the crown jewel of all your hard work. It will be the payoff to your feuds. In this post you will detail your matches that take place on your PPVs, what happened in your matches, who got their win and who took the loss, the outcome of the match and the aftermath of your feud. . Your PPV is one post but due to posting restrictions you may spread your show over 2 posts if needed. (one show split into two parts, eg first 3 matches take place in part one and next 3 take place in part 2). You can have no more than 2 posts for your PPV.

That suit everyone? If not..... discuss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Love the four post maximum. Certainly not a huge ask for people (most of us being honest) that feel the write ups are more marathon than sprint.

I personally wouldn't put a rubber stamp on the requirement for the PPV to be two posts. Realistically your PPV will, like IRL, be consisting of 80-90% feud finishing matches.

Every year for me the best fed has been the one that has booked a great storyline arc in the build-up and then tied a nice bow on with a PPV bout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Well last year i was all set, had my roster picked, feuds set and had some stuff written and then i did the unthinkable. I got myself involved with a very needy girl who basically took all the free time i had and therefore i could not get back to my writing. For that i apologise.

Now its a new year and she is no longer in the picture so i'd like to give this another chance. If anyone has said that pro wrestling and women dont mix they may be right.

Just a quick question in relation to the shows, does the new rule mean we have to wait until you basically have your roster picked before you post your write ups?

Well I wont restrict you, but it may be in your best interests to hold off until your roster is close to complete.

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy
    13. Kolido
    14. Paulie21
    15. JP Liz V1
    16. DM_7
    17. Uncle Walt

3 spots left for anyone who wants to play. Otherwise we shall start with 17

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was that not Spongey signing up above beaker? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Necrominus wrote: »
    Was that not Spongey signing up above beaker? Correct me if I'm wrong...

I missed that.... 18 it is

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ill sign up if yee dont mind an odd number!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fúck it. Can't resist. I'll be number 20.

You fold faster than superman on laundry day..... Glad to have you both aboard.

Glad to have you both aboard....

Slickric .....didn't take long for you to crack...... gotta call burns to see if I can still get that drink

Advertisement