Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards.ie Draft sign up 2018

Options
  • 02-01-2018 8:40am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's been around 2 weeks since Joe last posted so I'm sticking this up on his behalf and hopefully there is no issue with Joe and he will be back here to run this thing once we have the needed no of signups. As a previous winner he is automatically in unless he or other former winners state a lack of interest in doing so. However the only still regular posters who are former winners who post here atm are Myself, MNG, Lord TSC and Joe so I don't think that will be an issue.

copy and pasted from Joe's signup thread from last year:
    This topic is where people will sign up to take part in the 2017 Draft. This year is the 10th annual draft and we all have MNG, the creator of the draft concept, to thank for all the fun we've had thus far.

The discussion topic is here: Draft Discussion 2017
    Please put any and all questions and queries in it. All the main details of the draft and how it works are posted on the first page.

As in other years, we’ll have 20 people (hopefully) competing in this years draft. The winners of previous years will gain automatic entry to the draft, though it’s worth pointing out not all of them are even posting on boards any more. I’ve sent round PMs to those people and they’ll have till the 20th entrant has signed up to confirm their interest. For that reason though, and also because we often have people starting up and then dropping out, it’s heavily advised that if you don’t get into the 20 first entrants but still would like to participate, throw your name down and it will go on the reserve list.

MNG, Bounty Hunter, Lord TSC and myself are already signed up automaticly as previous draft admins/winners so, we have 16 spots available.....GO!

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Would love to join again if you'll have me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'm back this year please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd like to take part this year please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sign me up!

• Advertisement

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I am in and I will get to write up my shows this year

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I'll give this a shot again!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lets do this

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bounty, I appreciate the automatic sign up, but I think I might give this a miss this year, and let someone with more motivation take the spot. I think the last two years, I've had a blast drafting and then not had time for the write ups, and I'm likely to be even busier this year. So if anyone wants that slot, fire away. I'll be keeping a close eye on things and if ye need any help, just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll sign up again please. I've got absolutely no booking ideas going into it this year but hopefully I'll be able to work something out once MWA has a few names on its roster.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bounty, I appreciate the automatic sign up, but I think I might give this a miss this year, and let someone with more motivation take the spot. I think the last two years, I've had a blast drafting and then not had time for the write ups, and I'm likely to be even busier this year. So if anyone wants that slot, fire away. I'll be keeping a close eye on things and if ye need any help, just ask :)

no worries dude,
    put you on the reserve list or wait to see if we get 20? or are you just out this time?

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »

Not sure if you followed the discussion in the aftermath of the last game but I believe the workload for the write-ups will be much less taxing than previous years. I think only 2 or 3 write-ups will be required for this one as far as I know.

Maybe that might make you reconsider?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Could I join please if there is a place.

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy
    13. Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ah I’ll give it another go please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if you followed the discussion in the aftermath of the last game but I believe the workload for the write-ups will be much less taxing than previous years. I think only 2 or 3 write-ups will be required for this one as far as I know.

Maybe that might make you reconsider?

Ya know what, screw it, leave me on and I'll take a crack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was not going sign up this year as I felt I didn't do enough in writes ups last time around but damn it I'm in

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the change in the write ups was a big reason i wanted to do this year . Always loved the drafting part but always felt i couldnt give all the write ups my full attention

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Count me in please

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy
    13. Kolido
    14. Paulie21
    15. JP Liz V1
    16. DM_7

4 spots remain. Reserves welcome especially with Beaker MIA not that I would want to start without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

It'd be stupid not to throw my name in the pot for the 10th anniversary..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

tenor.gif?itemid=4627161

1. Mr Nice Guy
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Bounty Hunter
    4. BeakerJoe
    5. ShagNastii
    6. Connemara Man
    7. Mr Guappa
    8. Necrominus
    9. LeeJM
    10. daithi1989
    11. Furious-Red
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy
    13. Kolido
    14. Paulie21
    15. JP Liz V1
    16. DM_7
    17. Uncle Walt

Last 3 spots left to go

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Guys, Hi.

Ive had an awful time trying to get on here so apologies for my delay in getting in tough.

Hot a new phone over xmas, have been busy with the usual bits and pieces over Xmas so never logged into boards (havent even watched wrestling in 2 weeks).

Tried to login on New years via the mobile to set up the sign up thread and couldnt log on. Kept saying an invalid token form error. I was out at the time (Panto with the wee one) and said Ill sort it out when I was home.

Disaster has struck though as the wee one fell ill and has the dreaded aussie flu virus and is very ill.

From vomiting and to convulsions its been a scary few days and its not over yet, but shes on the mend now. Ive missed some good footie on the tele and haven’t even clicked on a wrestling site so Im out of the loop.

Only back in work now and ready to stir the ship called SS Draft. Thanks for the PMs guys and thanks to BH for setting up the sign up thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Good to see you back Joe, hopefully your daughter gets well soon.

Glad to hear the young one is on the mend and your alright dude. Good thing you came on now I was just starting to do up an OP for the main thread and turn the ideas thread into the discussion one. Was in the midst of thinking up stipulations and a potential theme too.

Anyway 3 spots remain folks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Guys, Hi.

Ive had an awful time trying to get on here so apologies for my delay in getting in tough.

Hot a new phone over xmas, have been busy with the usual bits and pieces over Xmas so never logged into boards (havent even watched wrestling in 2 weeks).

Tried to login on New years via the mobile to set up the sign up thread and couldnt log on. Kept saying an invalid token form error. I was out at the time (Panto with the wee one) and said Ill sort it out when I was home.

Disaster has struck though as the wee one fell ill and has the dreaded aussie flu virus and is very ill.

From vomiting and to convulsions its been a scary few days and its not over yet, but shes on the mend now. Ive missed some good footie on the tele and haven’t even clicked on a wrestling site so Im out of the loop.

Only back in work now and ready to stir the ship called SS Draft. Thanks for the PMs guys and thanks to BH for setting up the sign up thread.

Yay! :D:D Great to see you back. Hope all turns out ok with the little one, I know how scary it is when they get really sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

paulie21 wrote: »
    Good to see you back Joe, hopefully your daughter gets well soon.

Ah shes been very poorly, she hasnt eaten in 4 days, high temp of 39 at times and shivering and short of breath. Really wouldnt wish it on anyone, but shes slowly getting better. Shes well looked after.

Cheers Paulie

Advertisement